PDA

View Full Version : To Candy

Albea
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
Any news of the puppy? Have you seen a lawyer? I can't stop thinking about it and wishing that you can find an answer to this problem.
Please let us know.
Love to Dixie and Dusty.

ramanth
06-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Like Albea, I'm just ITCHING to know! I hope you get the darling puppy back.

Dixieland Dancer
06-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Well here is the latest in this Saga. All parties involved only want what is best for Cooper. I guess the original family that has had him for the past year, realizes they were not providing him the best environment. After talking with the brother in law, he wants to have registration of the dog changed to his ownership. He and his wife are willing to work with Cooper. They have no children and will take him to classes. They are torn because they have fallen in love with him and want him to stay with them. They consider him their baby.

Well it sounds great on the surface but I have never met these people. So we have all decided that they will come into town with Cooper and have me evaluate him. They are willing to sign a new contract as the new owners and to do what is necessary to train him. If the interview process goes well, they will willingly have another evaluation in 6 months to see if things are going ok. If not, at that time they will relinquish custody of the dog if necessary.

I guess nobody wants a court fight and they realize that I will go to that length if necessary. At this point, I think it is a good plan. Cooper needs a stable home and one that will provide him with lots of love and training.

Thanks for asking and keeping us in your prayers. :)

ramanth
06-06-2002, 02:14 PM
Thank YOU for the update. :) And being so nice and caring and wonderful.

I hope it all works out for the little guy.

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-06-2002, 02:32 PM
It sounds like a good compromise, Candy. I hope that giving them the benefit of the doubt will not backfire.

In the end, Cooper's well being is the most important thing now. Hopefully, they will be good to him.

tatsxxx11
06-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Fingers crossed! Sounds like a good 1st step. Please keep us updated!! And best wishes and lots of love to Cooper! Good job, Candy!

jackiesdaisy1935
06-06-2002, 09:04 PM
That sounds good, that way if it don't work out you can always take him back, plus you can evaluate him in the meantime to see how he is doing.
Jackie

anna_66
06-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Well I hope it all works out with his new home, let us know what's going on, if anything:)

Albea
06-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Thank you for the new information Candy. If those people really love Cooper and he has become attached to them, it may be the best solution at his point. You'll probably be able to judge how commited they are when you see them. Good luck.
Give Cooper a big hug from me, and also to Dixie and Dusty.

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2002, 07:32 AM
as you said, on the surface it sounds good. Hopefully that will be true!!! And if this does work, it is better then having to go to court! Thanks for the update