PDA

View Full Version : My dog is Crazy

kiskaNroxie
06-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey .... My dog acts really crazy.. when ever any one comes over the house she jumps all over them and then the people hate her cuz she jumps but really shes the sweetest dog. How can i make her stop acting like this?

mugsy
06-02-2002, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't call that crazy...I would say maybe overly friendly, but not crazy. Trust me, I would rather have an overly friendly pooch than an anti-social one. Ask Edwina's Secretary about our overly friendly poochies!!

I know that there are ways to train them not to jump, but I've been too lazy to do it! lol

Good luck. I would suggest a training book or calling a professional trainer for their suggestions.

Logan
06-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Mugsy is right. Training is the key. My girls have calmed down over time. They no longer jump when people come over and are quite the ladies with any visitors now.

Best of luck. Get some training!! It is more for you than the dog, but well worth the time! :)

slleipnir
06-08-2002, 03:40 PM
The only thing I can say is to be constant with the training :] Like don't do it every now and again, if you want it to learn, then you have to keep at it :D GL

06-30-2002, 09:39 AM
My nieces dog was behaving just the same way !!!
That doggie needs training ! Everytime she does it , do one step backwards and say loud and clear : NO ! NO JUMPING !!!!!
And np petting when she does not listen , petting if she does !!
Success !!!

lovemymaltese
07-02-2002, 12:08 PM
I have three words, patience, patience and patience. She will eventually stop with patient effort on your part to train her. Scolding is not the answer, maybe some positive reinforcement. I knew someone who would hold their dog down while the visitor walked into the home. Once they were in, the dog recieved a treat for not jumping (even though he was held down) eventually the dog caught on.