PDA

View Full Version : Please, Keep Austin in Your Thoughts...

manda_moo87
09-26-2006, 09:54 PM
My poor Austin hasn't been well in a long time. I almost lost him about a year ago but he bounced back. The past few weeks he's been a very sick little bunny, he's had problems with his eyes which I've been treating but there has been no improvement and just today he took a turn for the worst. I just came home from school and my Mom was outside with him. He can hardly move.
Whenever he tries to move he just falls over, he can't even hold his head up. If he doesn't improve by tomorrow, he'll be put down....... he's suffering now. I'd do it now but the clinic is closed, just tried calling.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I love him so, and I don't want him to be in pain anymore.

A few pictures of my boy...

http://i9.tinypic.com/4dxl9j7.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/3150l5x.jpg

:(

BC_MoM
09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry about little Austin! My thoughts and prayers are with him. Sending good vibes his way!

Austin is a very handsome bunny, I don't think I've ever seen photos of him before. How old is he?

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2006, 05:06 AM
I'm sorry about Austin not doing well. :( I will keep him in my thoughts and you as well. {hugs}

bunny_hugger
09-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Sounds like he needs to see a vet.. Sending good luck and hugs!

Zippy
09-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Poor Austin. :( I will keep him and you in my prayers.

bunny_hugger
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Head tilt, loss of balance, eye rolling and uncontrolled rolling are all symptoms that can be caused by various conditions. The most common conditions are an ear infection, Pasteurella and Encephalitozoon cuniculi (commonly known as E. cuniculi or EC). An affected rabbit is generally unable to hold its head upright, and the head is tilted to one side. Either one eye, or both eyes will roll backwards towards the rabbits tail every few seconds, requiring the rabbit to constantly re-focus.

If you suspect your rabbit may have head tilt, take the rabbit to a vet ASAP. If the head tilt is caused by an ear infection, the infection may spread to the brain. If the rabbit has EC, the next symptoms can often be paralysis of the limbs and severe loss of balance and muscle control, resulting in unstoppable rolling. If treated quickly, these horrific symptoms may be prevented, otherwise they are generally not reversable.

Generally it can be difficult to tell which problem is causing the head tilt, and most vets will provide medication to treat all three problems (Baytril, Panacur etc.). Further investigation, such as X-rays may be required to rule out ear infections.

I just read this on another forum, hope it helps.

luvofallhorses
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you and Austin. ((((HUGS))))

Chilli
09-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Positive thoughts headed your way for that adorable little face!
It must be so stressful and heartbreaking seeing him like this, my thoughts are certainly with you, also. =(

(((hugs)))

chrissycat21
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll be thinking of you and Austin tonight. I hope he can pull through this and isn't in any pain. :(

Aspen and Misty
09-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Thoughts and prayers for little Austin, what a sweet bunny boy. Just look at that face. I'm so sorry ::hugs::

Ashley

manda_moo87
09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Austin lost his battle today.

He was such a fighter, he tried so hard to beat this. Yesterday he seemed to be improving, he was such a good boy and gave no fuss in taking his medicine. When I went outside to check on him today he way laying on his side, unable to get up and his breathing was very shallow. I knew then that he was suffering... so I took him down to the vet and he died in my arms.

I'm heartbroken and will miss him terribly, he was my special chubby cheeked boy. Just moments before he passed over to the rainbow bridge he began to chatter his teeth which he always did when he was happy... so I knew he was content and at peace. It was so hard though because as soon as we had him put down I had to try and compose myself and go straight to work.... I almost burst into tears a few times...

I'll post a thread with more about him in Pet Memorial tomorrow... I'm emotionally drained... its been a very difficult day.... Thank you so much for all your kind words and prayers.

binka_nugget
10-01-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry Amanda :( *hugs*

Zippy
10-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I am so sorry about Austin.
*hugs*
Rest In Peace Austin

flamepony12
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh my :( :( I'm SO sorry I didnt see this before.. ((((((HUGS)))))) to you.. Rest in peace dear Austin.. <3333

Chilli
10-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm so very sorry he had to leave you. =(
Atleast he was content in the end, and how couldn't he be if he was in the arms of someone he loved so much! ((((hugs))))
RIP dear Austin. You're truely missed.

Argranade
10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Im so sorry for your loss in a little friend. :(

He had a good home and lots of love..

Just keep thinking he went to a beautiful place just over the rainbow!

chocolatepuppy
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm so sorry about Austin. :( {hugs}

luvofallhorses
10-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I am so sorry, Manda. :( (((HUGS))) you'll be in my thoughts.