PDA

View Full Version : Let Red go

sumbirdy
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
I picked up a turtle(Red) from the highway about a week ago. I decided to release him because he was mean to my other turtle (Turtle). At first i just figured i'd put him in another aquarium but he despised the thing. Kept trying to get out. I figured he wasn't happy being boxed in and he wanted to be free so i let him go. I put him in a nice field that had a pond in it. Hope he's happy now.

Argranade
09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I picked up a turtle(Red) from the highway about a week ago. I decided to release him because he was mean to my other turtle (Turtle). At first i just figured i'd put him in another aquarium but he despised the thing. Kept trying to get out. I figured he wasn't happy being boxed in and he wanted to be free so i let him go. I put him in a nice field that had a pond in it. Hope he's happy now.

Good choice. :)

lute
09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
it's always good to return turtles to the wild. they thrive so much better out there.

Jessika
09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I would never keep an animal that I found in the wild, anyway. It's like... being kidnapped! Imagine his wife and kids one day... huddled in the livingroom with the police tortoise saying "I'm sorry... but there has been no sign of him for weeks... it's safe to assume the worst..." and now he gets to hobble home!!!

You made the right choice!

PS: turtle, or tortoise? ;) everyone gets the terms mixed up hehe

sumbirdy
09-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I would never keep an animal that I found in the wild, anyway. It's like... being kidnapped! Imagine his wife and kids one day... huddled in the livingroom with the police tortoise saying "I'm sorry... but there has been no sign of him for weeks... it's safe to assume the worst..." and now he gets to hobble home!!!

You made the right choice!

PS: turtle, or tortoise? ;) everyone gets the terms mixed up hehe

He was a turtle. I feel really bad for picking him up but he was about to be squished, and I thought that if I put him on the side of the highway then he would turn around and try to go back because there's a big hill in the way. I thought he would be a good friend for my other turtle (Turtle) too.
I picked Turtle up from the road too, but he was a lot smaller than this one and he adjusted very well. He was just a little bitty baby turtle. Guess Red just wasn't captive material. A little to old to adjust to the whole being boxed in thing. I'm just glad that i knew some people with a field and a pond that didn't mind me putting a turtle in it.

buttercup132
09-15-2006, 05:59 PM
He was a turtle. I feel really bad for picking him up but he was about to be squished, and I thought that if I put him on the side of the highway then he would turn around and try to go back because there's a big hill in the way. I thought he would be a good friend for my other turtle (Turtle) too.
I picked Turtle up from the road too, but he was a lot smaller than this one and he adjusted very well. He was just a little bitty baby turtle. Guess Red just wasn't captive material. A little to old to adjust to the whole being boxed in thing. I'm just glad that i knew some people with a field and a pond that didn't mind me putting a turtle in it.They are wild animals they can thrive on thier own no matter how small they are it was probly older just small because they take a long time to grow...Please dont take anymore animals from the wild..move them aside from the road sure but dont bring them home, thats just wrong..especially if they are prefectly healthy.

Zippy
09-15-2006, 06:17 PM
You did what is best for Red.It is great you returned him back to were he belongs :)