PDA

View Full Version : Exploring the unknown

Sam's My Baby
05-30-2002, 05:56 PM
My gerbil, Sam loves to explore. Whenever she is in a new place, she will look around and sniff everything. She also likes exploring new things. Whenever she sees something new she will go up to it, sniff it, then see if its good to eat!!(she loves food! lol!) She also likes going through mazes but usually escapes them. Whenever she knows she is free, she runs REALLY fast, usually under the couch:eek: :rolleyes: :p :D
How do your pets react to new places/things? :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-30-2002, 07:44 PM
I didn't know gerbels were curious animals, that is funny!! Tinky is a sniffer too..... NOTHING can come into our house without going through inspections first!!!! My mom gets a kick out of her every time she comes over and Tinky will sniff and sniff and sniff her purse then rub her face all over it to mark it with her scent... almost makes my mom want to just leave it at our house since Tinky worked so hard at inspecting it **lol**... Tinky loves it when we go grocery shopping she sniffs every bag that comes in the door then sits on them....SHE LOVES BAGS!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pd94757a6fcc41877e05ef01244a26940/fdbadcec.jpg

here is a better pic...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p0d7433a0809d3ad294e6c94141deb32f/fdbadd1c.jpg

Bunnicula05
05-30-2002, 09:19 PM
Well my buns usually inch their way around the new place.

Heather Wallace
05-31-2002, 05:25 AM
When i first let the baby rabbits outside (6 months old) they loved it to. They ran all over the places sniffing and eating all those wondering plants and flowers in the garden.

Sam's My Baby
05-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Hehehe! Yup, gerbils are really curious animals, thats what makes them so great! But they can be a little too curious, like when Sam tried to get a taste of my finger..:rolleyes: lol!Sara, Tinky is so cute!:)

toughCookie
06-01-2002, 12:53 PM
my cats(Muffin, Emma and Louise) check out EVERYTHING new, and they SNIFF, and sniff some more!
I have pics of MUffin checking out her new kitty condo, shortly after we got her, ((she took about an hour it seemed to sniff at every part, level, of it, then she loved it! )) before we got Cookie....when we got Cookie, she just ran to it and was at the top in almost just one leap, at only 10 weeks old!! totally different personalities!
her is a pic, but it might be too dark to see, hope it turns out ok.

06-08-2002, 08:14 AM
today we put Billie in her new outside "place" (see thread about Billie !) . She hasn't stopped running around and sniffing , etc ....
She will be totally worn out in a few minutes !!!!!