PDA

View Full Version : not even a little related to animals!

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
How do i talk to someone who hates me?

CatLuvrs
09-06-2006, 12:15 PM
If it were me I wouldn't even try but I don't like when people hate me :( So sorry

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
i dont like when people hate me either, and this person doesnt hate me, hate me...just dislikes a choice i made and is holding it against me...goin on two years now...but i love this person? does that help sorta explain a tad bit more :confused: haha

Karen
09-06-2006, 12:36 PM
If you like the person, sit down and talk to the person. If you cannot come to some understanding of the past events, then I wouldn't both pursing any relationship.

JenBKR
09-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Is this a family member? Karen had some good ideas. Could you have a third person mediate? Sorry you are going through this, if you ever need to talk my PM box is always open!

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM
thank you for the good idea's! but this person is an ex-boyfriend of mine! you know what they say about, there's one love of your life? well i had mine, and due to some inappropriate things that had occured, i lost him! i dont even know how to start a conversation with him, i would just like to on some level...a friend!

BOBS DAD
09-06-2006, 12:54 PM
...usually "not" a good idea. Time. Time heals all wounds they say. You might want to simply let them know that you care about them and think of them fondly (if so) and that if they are ever interested in talking, you will be there for them. Find a way to say it in earnest... and then you have to let it go.

Sometime, somewhere he might be ready. And I mean that may be 25 years from now.

JenBKR
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Did you try telling him you would like to be friends? I understand how you feel, believe me, I actually tried that with an ex of mine. In the end it didn't work out, and I have since moved on, but it's not always that easy. Will he talk to you at all?

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
depending on the subject and if it's TRUELY important! i think he needs alot more time, but night after nite for almost 2 years now it's a new dream about him, and in each dream we get back together and work through it and oh man, it's great, then i wake up(no offense at all to my "now" boyfriend) but look over and am truely disappointed in myself for letting it get that far, and not being with the one my heart wants! and Honestly...i'd wait 25 years to be with him!:) time, time, time...sometimes it seems like it takes to long you know! but thats okay....

jackie
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Why are you with man that you don't really want to be with.

What a waste of time for both of you. If you are interested in getting back together with your ex, you need to split up with your current boyfriend and work from there.

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
i am interested in my now boyfriend, it's not like i hate him, or dislike him...i truely like him! but i cant help these dreams i have all the time! if i didnt have the dreams i'd be okay, i wouldnt think about my ex nearly as much but the dreams bring back up feelings! Gr! haha! What are your thoughts on what dreams mean?

JenBKR
09-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Well I'm not an expert, so I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like your subconscious is thinking about your ex an awful lot, and those thoughts are coming out in your dreams.

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
that makes alot of sense actually...like i totally think that could be it!

Catty1
09-06-2006, 02:18 PM
If you still have these dreams about him, it shows that you want more than friends, and I think your ex senses that.

My suggestion? No contact. Do not write, phone, email, text, anything. YOu have to get him out of your system romantically before you can ever think about friendship.

I totally understand that you want to be able to be his friend. But if you love him - give him what HE wants. If he wanted to be with you, he would be, as a friend or otherwise.

If you only think about your feelings and what you want - that is selfish.

And this is totally unfair to your present boyfriend - you are cheating on him in your mind and heart. What did your present boyfriend do to deserve this dishonesty?

You might try being single for a while til you get 'partnership' figured out.

JMO

coco-bean
09-06-2006, 02:37 PM
but the weird thing is...i havent talk to him in about 5 or 6 months....i apologized (actually ment it too) that last time i talk to him but that was the only thing that was said, and he accepted my apology and said thank you, and that was it! so thats why it's so weird to me...i dont talk to him, i dont see him, nothin! weird huh!?! haha

Karen
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
but the weird thing is...i havent talk to him in about 5 or 6 months....i apologized (actually ment it too) that last time i talk to him but that was the only thing that was said, and he accepted my apology and said thank you, and that was it! so thats why it's so weird to me...i dont talk to him, i dont see him, nothin! weird huh!?! haha

Obviously, you still have feeling for this guy. You should either do your best to give up on him, acknowledge that it truly is over, and concentrate on yourself and even your current "boyfriend," if you care for him at all. You are young, there's no sense in "crying over spilt milk" at your age.