PDA

View Full Version : The orginal ugly kitty.

Laura's Babies
09-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Check out the one called the orginal ugly kitty.. I think she is cute as can be! Her "defects" make her just that much cutier and easier to love to me. See her picture and story here...

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=430398&pic_id=1

G535
09-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I can't see anything ugly about that cat, different yes, ugly no! :)

jenluckenbach
09-02-2006, 07:51 PM
She sounds like a real LOVE!!!!!!!

(we're not all beauty queens, you know ;) )

rg_girlca
09-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I can't see anything ugly about that cat, different yes, ugly no! :)

My thoughts exactly. :)

phesina
09-02-2006, 08:02 PM
She's not selling the cat, is she? If not, just what is she selling?

I think the kitty is adorable.

Pat

Catty1
09-02-2006, 08:16 PM
She is selling crafts and other work inspired by her "ugly kitty".

She has a sweet face! The button nose and little open mouth just add to it!

I can't get used to the eyes - they look as if they can SEE but aren't there!

She looks happy and cuddly.

phesina
09-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Whew! Thanks, Catty1, I was starting to get worried when she said she '.. thought "What good does showing everyone a picture of my adorable cat really do?" So I've decided to list the "item" for $1.00 ...'

Pat

mrspunkysmom
09-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Make a donation for a $1.00 or more and the funds go to the shelter. Or that is how I read it.

anne

SIGH!!!!!

CultureJunky
09-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh Wow, I've never seen a cat that looks so deformed before, the poor thing.
SHe's lovely though and I'd have her in a second, and being a cat she won't know that she's considered to be 'ugly'. What is ugly? I'd say Adolf Hitler is ugly, not this cat, ugliness comes from the inside not the outside.

Is there any information about her anywhere and details of what actually happened to her to make her look like that?

Laura's Babies
09-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I haven't found anymore info in her, my guess is birth defects. I am so smitten with her, I too, would take her in a heartbeat. I think she is lovely.

elizabethann
09-03-2006, 09:07 AM
OMG....that kitty looks sooooo sweet. I'm glad it's in a loving home. The owner clearly states "she's not for sale".

I'm glad people didn't give up on her. This just warms my heart. Thanks for posting it!

mrspunkysmom
09-03-2006, 09:59 AM
SIGH

:rolleyes:

sasvermont
09-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't think I like the idea of "cashing in" on an ugly kitty theme. It reminds me of parents (from very poor countries/area) sitting with their blind child, begging. They are using the "tug at the heart strings" method..... and it usually works. I feel a bit better about the poor folks than the ugly kitty thing.

I think its the word ugly that bothers me. :rolleyes:

I do like the idea of a charity donation, don't like "ugly"....

Catty1
09-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Sasvermont - I totally understand where you are coming from. I also know - having worked in such a country - that human parents in 3rd world countries (and maybe others) often maim their children to make them 'better beggars', to the extent of cutting of an arm or leg. Blindness too? Who knows...desperate times lead to desperate people and measures...

While that hasn't happened here, the use of the word "ugly" can be disturbing to some. I wish I could think of another word that would work.

The English language is funny - wasn't too many years ago, and it still means this in other countries: the word "cute" means "bow-legged".

Catsnclay
09-03-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't think I like the idea of "cashing in" on an ugly kitty theme. It reminds me of parents (from very poor countries/area) sitting with their blind child, begging. They are using the "tug at the heart strings" method..... and it usually works. I feel a bit better about the poor folks than the ugly kitty thing.

I think its the word ugly that bothers me. :rolleyes:

I do like the idea of a charity donation, don't like "ugly"....

I agree with you 100%, just remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

catmandu
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I see One Beautiful Happy Cat there.
In a Furr Ever Home and a Guardian who loves her.

momcat
09-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't see an ugly kitty in those pictures. I saw a lovely little furball with a lot of love and loyal companionship to share with her lucky owner. My only hope here is this kitty wasn't on the receiving end of any kind of abuse before going to the shelter.