PDA

View Full Version : Bet You Wouldn't Do This

lizbud
09-01-2006, 09:56 AM
In the paper yesterday was an article about weekend get away places
to go within a few hour trips from Indy. I read about this one place called

http://www.purplepeoplebridgeclimb.com/

It is totally awesome, but I'd never do it even for a million dollars. :eek:
I actually get a sick, tinglely feeling just looking at the picture in the paper.

Would you ever have the nerve to try this?

lv4dogs
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
You coulcn't get me to do that if you paid me a million dollars. I am SO afraid of heights it isn't even funny. Other than that it looks like fun. :p

Karen
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Cool! I'd do it! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Nope! You're right, I wouldn't........

Blue_Frog
09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
That looks like so much fun!!

I used to rock climb/rappel on the Niagara Escarpment, and climbing around a bridge would be really cool too!

I've also done the Haliburton Walk in the Trees (http://www.haliburtonforest.com/tour.htm) - its a canopy walk wayyy up at the top of the trees on robe bridges with harnesses etc. Tons of fun, and the park also has a Wildlife Reserve and Wolf Center.

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2006, 11:44 AM
No way. :eek: I'm also afraid of heights but I still enjoy riding rollercoasters.;)

Anita Cholaine
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
It certainly looks like fun, I think I'd do it! But I'm sure that I would be scared while doing it, I'm a little bit afraid of heights, actually :p

Cataholic
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
WAH! While I would never do it, if any of YOU decide to, call me! That is downtown Cincinnati, on one of the bridges leading from Ohio into KY, over the Ohio river....it is about 10 minutes away. :p

slleipnir
09-01-2006, 12:18 PM
For a million dollars? I'd likely try it....other than that, heck no! :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
thatīs it??..........crossing over the top??.........Iīd do it :D ..........

here in Chihuahua theres this touristic place "Copper Canyon" and theres is like,well, a Canyon LOL, but there are this rocks...........well heres a pic

http://www.coppercanyonadventures.com/Piedra_Volada_and_brave_people.jpg

soo.........I went to the very edge..........with no safety net, no buckles, no nothing........it just gets your adrenaline like to 1000.......... oh oh and the rock balances ;) :D

the final rock is like about 2mt wide but once you are aproaching it it seems like 30cms due to hte fact of what you see below...... this pic got cut but its way way higher........and this is not my pic, but I DO have one with me in it waving LOL, Iīll try find it ans scan it for you..........

I donīt do rollercoasters but this Iīll do :D

kuhio98
09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
No way. :eek: I'm also afraid of heights but I still enjoy riding rollercoasters.;)I'd do it for sure! I did it across the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It was a blast! But, for some reason, I'm afraid of rollercoasters and even ferris wheels. :o

Suki Wingy
09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
yup! I'd do it, sign me up!

Barbara
09-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Sure I would. :) They wouldn't let you do it over there if it was only 99% safe ;)

And you know we had that training in the alps ;)

binka_nugget
09-01-2006, 02:56 PM
It looks like a blast! I'd do it for sure, even without the million dollars!

Lori Jordan
09-01-2006, 03:47 PM
No seeing this freaks me out lol I dont think you could pay me!

lizbud
09-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I didn't see the picture they had in the paper on the website, but it was
a shot of people nearing the top of the bridge. It showed the skyline of the
city( and the scary part) showed the ground & water below.It almost made
me sick to my stomach just looking at it. :eek: I know I'd never make it if I
wanted to. Probably pass out completely & have to be carried down. :o

dragonfly
09-02-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm not sure if I could do it or not. I would be really scared and it looks like the walkways have glass on them, I'm terrified of walking on glass over anything. I hate heights, but I think I could manage my fear for a million dollars. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-02-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure if I could do it or not. I would be really scared and it looks like the walkways have glass on them, I'm terrified of walking on glass over anything. I hate heights, but I think I could manage my fear for a million dollars. :p

He he, sounds almost like me!! I am very scared of abysses, but yeah, a million euros, maybe maybe I'd give it a try :D

Zany_girlie
09-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I would never do that! I live like 30 minutes away from there to...my dad has done that tho....fr free actually because he had to work on the electic there....for work he said it was pretty neat!

joanofark
09-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I'd do it in a heartbeat!!! :D

Pam
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
I watched the video and had to force myself to continue. LOL! Maybe I'd do it for $1,000,000 if they allowed me to wear a blindfold while climbing. :D I have often wondered, when I drive over these huge spans, how they get workers to actually go up on them to build them. :eek:

dukedogsmom
09-02-2006, 01:40 PM
You bet right! I'm scared of heights. However, I would consider rock climbing. Don't ask me why, I just think it would be fun. Strange, I know.

lizbud
09-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I have often wondered, when I drive over these huge spans, how they get workers to actually go up on them to build them. :eek:

I have heard that many are of American Indian descent. They were called
skywalkers. Helped build the Twin Towers in NY, for example.

http://www.firstnationsdrum.com/Aug02/HisMohawk.htm

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2006, 07:10 AM
I have heard that many are of American Indian descent. They were called
skywalkers. Helped build the Twin Towers in NY, for example.

You just reminded me of the famous photograph of a man sitting very high up on the structural steelwork of the Twin Towers eating his sandwiches. He certainly didn't look as if he was bothered by heights.

The only time I was ever nervous of a height was on top of a building with a reinforced glass roof, so that you were looking down through the glass roof to several stories below. I didn't much like that. It felt very unnatural to me - as if I was going to fall straight through the glass.

lizbud
09-03-2006, 06:56 PM
The only time I was ever nervous of a height was on top of a building with a reinforced glass roof, so that you were looking down through the glass roof to several stories below. I didn't much like that. It felt very unnatural to me - as if I was going to fall straight through the glass.

Oh, wow. :eek: I think a glass floor would be even worse. Nowhere
to hide at all.I'd be frozen stiff with fear. :D

Vette
09-03-2006, 08:13 PM
For a million dollars? I'd likely try it....other than that, heck no! :rolleyes:

Im with her...LOL