PDA

View Full Version : Side Kick

AdoreMyDogs
05-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I was driving in an upper class city near where I live called Birmingham, MI on a busy road yesterday with my mother. We were headed to a movie and it was a beautiful day, sun was shining, there was a lovely gentle breeze, not a cloud in the sky, 70 degrees...perfect. We were on this rather busy street and my mom happened to look next to her and there was a motorcycle with a side car driving becide us. But the funny part is that in that sidecar there was an enormous rottie calmly sitting down, enjoying himself or herself fully :) I have never even seen a motorcycle with a side car in real life but to see one filled to the rim of rottie was quite a site :) I thought of you all and wanted to share with you the cute and really funny experience. My mom and I carried that visual immage to the theatre and we giggled all the way there :)

A man and his dog :)

Freckles
05-27-2002, 08:31 PM
When I was in Haiwaii many years ago, I took a picture of a dog with helmet.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/helmetdog.jpg

Here's a closeup so you can see the custom faceshield.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/helmetcloseup.jpg

AdoreMyDogs
05-27-2002, 08:38 PM
That would have been extra funny, but nope, pooch didn't have a helmet. I wonder if the driver could get a ticket for not making sure his passenger had a helmet on? :) I doubt the cop would be able to have a straight face if it pulled over the driver of the motorcycle :)

anna_66
05-27-2002, 08:49 PM
I've seen dogs (not rotties mind you) riding on the back or on the tanks of motorcycles before when we were in Sturgis SD for bike week! It's adorable, maby not safe, but adorable none the less! Thanks for sharing that!
We've thought about getting one of those pull alongs that you put bigger children in for Angus when we go biking, that way he could go too, and not get tired! But I doubt he would go for it, he would probably get scared and jump out! But come to think of it, once when my mom was visiting, we put him and Keisha in a little trailer we had hooked to the back of the lawnmower and she jumped out right away, and he stayed for quite a while. I'll have to find my pic and show you, it's sooo cute.

Gio
05-28-2002, 06:52 AM
I can just picture it :D And Joan the pic of the dog wearing a helmet is priceless :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-28-2002, 07:08 AM
He!He!He! That picture is so cute. And I can picture that rottie sitting in the side car, Leslie! Andrew and I have been discussing getting a motorcycle and were planning on getting a side car, but after Drae's incident with jumping out of the truck, we are a bit hesistant!

jennifert
05-28-2002, 01:55 PM
I have a little Honda motorcycle that looks like the one in the picture with the dog with the helmet on! Of course,owning a Harley would be my ultimate goal! But since I have had Duncan, I haven't ridden it at all!! I work so much I always want to spend any free time with him....My hobbies now are the dog park, walks, tug-of-war, chase, fetch and cuddle! ;) So if I ever do get that Harley, a sidecar would be worth the investment so I can take him with me!!!

05-28-2002, 02:00 PM
:D :D :D
hahaha , what a funny picture !!!
That helmet is a bit oversized don't you think ? Or does it have to be like that ???:rolleyes: ;) :p

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

ramanth
05-28-2002, 02:13 PM
That sounds so cute! And that picture... LOL!

Okay... now.. I admit it. I'm dense.

AdoreMyDogs! I didn't know you lived in Auburn Hills! That's where Andy's parents are! Kia loves spending weekends with them.

We have to get together at a park sometime!

Email or PM if you're interested. :D

sammi
05-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Been thinking that I should get one of those side cars for me! Maybe get a two seater so buddy and I can both fit!!!:rolleyes:

Logan
05-28-2002, 03:34 PM
What a lovely mental picture, Leslie!! A guy and his dog, just "hanging" out together!!! I know I am always happier when my dogs can be with me!!! (Not that I would ever trust them in the side car of a motorcycle or me driving one for that matter!! LOL!!)

Joan, what an adorable picture!!! :D

Cincy'sMom
05-28-2002, 04:10 PM
I don't remember what show on animal planet I was watching, but they showed a story about a guy whose sheepdog sat on the back of his motorcycle and rode like a person. I was funny to see!

Rachel
05-28-2002, 08:14 PM
My Goddaughter used to ride her little dog in her bicycle basket on the handle bars. It was the cutest thing, but probably a bit risky.

Freckles
05-29-2002, 06:20 PM
In my old age, I can't believe my Mother let me take my niece on my Schwinn. This was taken late '40's *bc.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/janetinbikebasket.jpg

I also took my cat Jinx in the basket but that picture didn't survive. (Jinx did for many years) *bc - Before Color

AdoreMyDogs
05-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Neat pic, Freckles! And OMG that little dog with the funny helmet is a trip!!! Soooo funny to see his little nose sticking out of that big ol' hunk of plastic :) Really good :) Thanks for the laugh!!

CountryWolf07
05-29-2002, 09:02 PM
LOL.. that's so cute! :) Thanks for the good laugh! - Rachel

anna_66
05-29-2002, 09:33 PM
I really like that pic of you and your niece Freckles!