PDA

View Full Version : Want a giggle?

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
This gets me every time!

Listen very carefully "do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair........."

http://consuptionjunction.com/downloads/cj_35156.mp3

Daisy and Delilah
08-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm assuming that's really Elvis singing that. Is it Denise? What a pleasure it is to hear him laughing like that. I was in love with Elvis back in the day---wait a minute...I think I still am ;)

Catty1
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I heard "Do you gaze at your BODY and wish you had hair"

What a HILARIOUS outtake - and it was at a LIVE concert! LOLOLOL!

PRECIOUS!

Miss Z
08-24-2006, 06:08 AM
LOL! :D :p

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm assuming that's really Elvis singing that. Is it Denise? What a pleasure it is to hear him laughing like that. I was in love with Elvis back in the day---wait a minute...I think I still am ;)

Certainly was the King himself - isn't it wonderful? This is one explanation I found:

Are You Lonesome Tonight (Elvis Presley) - Reason for laughing

In the early eighties, a live version was released where Elvis begins to laugh.

Elvis made a habit of not sticking to the lyrics. Normally, Elvis should sing at a certain moment "Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there". In this particular version he sings "Do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair".

The song continues for a couple of seconds and then Elvis spotted a man that is completely bald.
Hence the laughter.

At the end of the song, Elvis mumbles something like : "Oh God, I have never met this before

zoey
08-24-2006, 06:52 AM
That's funny. :D I love Elvis!

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks for sharing this Denise. He was such a special man. :)

GreyhoundGirl
08-24-2006, 07:59 AM
He He - I thought it would be one of those things were it doesn't say anything for a while than shouts " AHHHHHHHHHH ! "

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Just passed this on to my colleague so now there are two of us giggling like idiots.........

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 10:51 AM
I have that version on "MY Favorites" :D :D :D

The back-up singers just keep right on singing, and, Elvis gets the giggles sooooo bad!!!!!

At the end he sings, "14 years right down the drain--folks!!!!!

Now, I have to listen to it all over again Brodysmum!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thank-You for reminding me of that version!!!!!

wolflady
08-25-2006, 11:20 AM
OMG! That is too funny! I never knew he did anything like that! LOVE it!

**hugs**

ChrisH
08-26-2006, 10:33 AM
It's from the 1968 Comeback special.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/B000GHEBDY.jpg
It really is a must-see, Elvis at his very best musically, in my opinion, and as for all that black leather ... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/swoon.gif

Edwina's Secretary
08-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I am so glad I opened this! How funny and what fun to hear Elvis giggle.

I saw him in concert once....it was toward the end....he was fat and had trouble remembering some songs....but he was ELVIS!!!!

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh, I haven't heard that in YEARS!! Thank you so much for posting it.
I absolutely love the way the backing singers just go right on, while he completely loses it. :D

lizbud
09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
So funny, :D I had not heard this before.I always loved the more formal
version too. Loved all his music. :)