PDA

View Full Version : My daughter had an accident... (updated again !)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Yesterday my daughter Indra was driving home on her scooter. She was driving on the correct place, with her helmet on, not speeding at all.
Suddenly a car (was driving on the road just left of her), turned right to get on the parking lot, crossing the cycle-track where Indra was driving. He didn't see her at all and hit her. She fell on her right side, got her scooter on her. Poor thing, she was in shock, so she forgat to contact us, and that man filled out the insurance papers, and let her sign them. She was so confused that she didn't look very well at what he wrote about the accident, and also the sketch he made. After he was gone, she called us because she realised her scooter was damaged : the fork of her frontwheel was broken!

When we saw the paper she signed, we realised that this man had taken advantage of her and that he wrote things that were not true at all. He wrote that she tried to overtake him from the right side, and he made a false scetch! My hubby was furious and called him right away. The a**h%$*e was mad because Bernard accused hime of a false declaration!! :mad: :mad:
We told him to come to our house and make up another insurance paper. He agreed to come in the afternoon, but we haven't seen him!!! Bernard went back to where it all happened, and found a man who had seen it all happen and who is willing to testify in favour of our Indra!!
So tomorrow, I am going to the police and accuse him of a false declaration. We will also go to the doc with her and add the medical report! Luckily she isn't hurt badly. But today her hip, her neck and her right leg hurts a lot, so a doc's visit is in order!!
That :mad: won't get away with this!! Serves him right!! It is a shame how he took advantage of a young innoscent girl :mad: :mad:

sorry, had to vent.... :(

RobiLee
08-20-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm just glad that Indra wasn't hurt too badly. I hope things work out and that the truth comes out.

Killearn Kitties
08-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Indra must have got such a shock! I'm glad she is not badly hurt, it's as well to get her checked though, just to make sure.
Good luck with getting things sorted out.

moosmom
08-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Check the laws. If your daughter is a minor, she isn't legally allowed to sign anything, so what that jerk did probably won't hold up in court. If you can, get a lawyer. Hope your daughter is okay and she can get her bike fixed.

smokey the elder
08-20-2006, 08:09 AM
That's lousy. In the US if there 's an accident there has to be a police report. I hope she's OK and they throw out the fraudulent report.

Freckles
08-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Sounds as if this man has had too much experience with accidents!

catnapper
08-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Oh my goodness! I'd be furious too! I do hope there's something you can do to take action against him and proove that she was completely innocent and he flasified the entire report.

I also agree with Donna. Isn;t she under 18? In the US, you need ot be 18 in order to sign a document and have it legally binding

zoey
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Poor baby girl....You have a good case, even without the witness.
Judges don't like people who take advatage of kiddies.
But the fact that you have a witness means Indra wouldn't have to testify if it goes to court. If this guy is smart, which is doubtful, he'll go to a mediator and at least cover the medical bills and damage to the scooter. Hopefully Indra won't have any lasting physical effects from the accident. *sending out healing vibes.*

Randi
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
What a shock it must have been for Indra - poor girl. :( Of course she was confused after what happened. She shouldn't have signed anything, but called the police. Hope you'll get it sorted out. Good luck! :)

Glad she's not hurt too badly.

dukedogsmom
08-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I can't believe that guy did that! I hope your daughter isn't hurt too badly. Isn't your daughter under age, too? That guy had no right getting her to sign papers when she was obviously injured. So, I hope that guys pays like he should!

Laura's Babies
08-20-2006, 09:32 AM
I think he will soon learn he did the wrong thing taking advantage of your daughter when he finds out you have a witness. WHAT A JERK!

cyber-sibes
08-20-2006, 09:47 AM
prayers going out for Indra, hope sh'e just bruised & nothing else. That guy thinks he got one over on her, but the truth will come out, especially with a witness. What goes around, comes around - he'll get his consequences one way or another.

Catty1
08-20-2006, 10:06 AM
CREEP!

I hope Indra feels better soon and this all works out.

Wouldn't be surprised if the police "know" about him already!

hugs!

kittycats_delight
08-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Its good to know that Indra was not hurt too bad. Its just too bad when you realize how many rotten people there are in the world. what a jerk. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

RedHedd
08-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Did the guy have insurance? Sometimes injuries won't show up until a day or two later that require treatment. I agree with others, it sounds like this guy has prior experience with type of incident and is trying to get away with it.

Kirsten
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Oh no! :( I'm sorry to hear this! :( Glad that she's not seriously injured, but I hope you can clarify things with the police. I would contact a lawyer, too. Hope that guy doesn't get away with it!

Kirsten

lizbud
08-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh Lut, that's terrible. :( I am so sorry Indra was injured. I hope she
gets checked over & treated by her Doctor soon.That jerk that hit her also
took advantage of an injured & disoriented child. :mad: I hope this all works
out in the end & Indra recovers quickly. ((Hugs))

Pembroke_Corgi
08-20-2006, 02:07 PM
That's terrible! :mad: I hope this guy gets what he deserves.

gini
08-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Lut, your story absolutely disgusts me - that someone would have the audacity to take advantage of a young girl right after he hit her with his car.

Thank God that your husband found a witness. That is a miracle in itself.

Now, I hope that, that (insert words I cannot post here)__________gets the book thrown at him for not only hitting her, but trying to pull something on her. An honest, decent man would have contacted you - made sure she was alright - and stayed right there with her.

Ah, the webs that we weave............

But the most important part of your story is that Indra is alright.

Don't worry - that guy will suffer far more some day for just this one act.

Almita
08-20-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that, glad your daughter is alright and not damaged very badly. That man wow is so wrong he did that for no reason accusing her but it was his own fault not watching closley to where he is going or doing.

rg_girlca
08-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh Lut, how scary that must have been for your Indra. That's the thing is that when the initial shock wears off, the person starts to feel the pain. I'm glad that you will be bringing her to a doctor and I pray her injuries are minor ones. Please keep us posted.

I am also glad that Bernard went back to the site and found a witness to the accident.

This guy is such a creep and I hope he gets his in the end. :mad:

Lizzie
08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Lut, I'm sorry also and hope that Indra's bruises and aches don't last too long.

If this man had believed what he wrote, he would have come to your house, so now he's running scared because your husband called him on it. He really thought that he'd got away with something but now knows that he didn't and he's sweating - good!

I remember getting knocked off my bicycle by a bloke in a big car when I was a student in Oxford - where there are thousands of bikes and motorists are very used to them. While I was on the ground, he half stepped out of his car, said "Oh, you're alright", got back in his car and drove off before I could even stand up. If that wasn't 30 years ago, I'd suggest it was the same bloke.

petslover
08-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I want to first say I am so glad that Indra isn't majorly hurt. Second of all, what a shame that the man took advantage of her. I just hope it all works out with everything and that she gets completely healed.

krazyaboutkatz
08-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that Indra was in an accident.:( The guy sounds like a real jerk.:mad: I sure hope that Indra isn't seriously hurt and that this guy gets whats coming to him. Please take care.

Soapets
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt, in that she wasn't knocked unconscious and taken to the hospital in an ambulance, or worse.

That @!$#%#&^*(*@#&$(*@ needs to learn a good lesson, and I have a feeling he's going to learn it SOON! :mad:

Deb

JenBKR
08-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm just now reading this - what a jerk! I'm glad that Indra wasn't hurt. Poor girl, must have been such a scare for her. Give her lots of gentle ((((hugs)))) from all of us.

ramanth
08-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Poor Indra!! I hope the courts smack that guy with a huge law book.

What a jerk!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-21-2006, 09:30 AM
OMG :eek: :eek: That is terrible!!! Poor Indra - glad to hear she wasn't seriously hurt..poor kid.

What sort of A@@hole would try to take advantage of that sort of situation - I bet he wasn't insured :mad: :mad: :mad:

lv4dogs
08-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh goodness, how scary. I hope nothing serious is the matter and that she has a speedy recovery. I hope he gets what he deserves. hugs to your daughter & family.

Jadapit
08-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Poor Indra!! :( How is she doing? I cant believe that guy did that to her. People are something else. I'm sure it will be proven that the guy is a lier. :mad:

GreyhoundGirl
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Sounds as if this man has had too much experience with accidents!

Ditto, That man is auch an @$$ h0!e. How could anyone live with the knowledge that they hit a child, than made up a lie as to not pay for the incident ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Sorry for not having replied earlier... :( ; my internet connection was disconnected, so it took me a half a day to find out I needed a new cable, and how to install it.... :rolleyes: . I hope it is okay now

This morning was really hectic! That witness signed a letter in which he says he saw the accident happen, and that Indra's version is the only correct one. GOOD!!

Then we went to the doctor. On her shoulder, arm and leg, it is mainly bruised. But he was NOT happy with the pain she has in her left hip. So we made an appointment for X-rays tomorrow at 5 pm. I hope everything is okay!!

Then we went to the interim-bureau through which she got her job
**btw, she was coming home from her vacation-job**
They said this is an employment accident and that she is insured for accidents from and to work!! Good news again!

Then we went to the police who agreed completely with us. They booked an official report!

Now we have to wait for the results of the X-rays, and then we will hand over all papers to our insurance company

FINGERS crossed (tails too, dearest PT-pets)

Sonia59
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I would also be :mad: :mad: against this man!

Poor Indra, I hope she has nothing bad. ((Hugs))

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-22-2006, 04:45 AM
We will be going for her X-rays this afternoon. I'm worried, because her hip still hurts a lot..... . Poor girl, her last 2 weeks of vacation before school starts again, and she can hardly walk normally :rolleyes: :(

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Very best of luck for this afternoon! Please let us know how it goes.

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2006, 06:32 AM
(((((best Wishes And Hugs For All)))))

ramanth
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I hope it's good news when the X-Rays are done! Nothing serious that is.

*HUGS*

Pembroke_Corgi
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm glad everything got sorted out except her hip. I hope everything goes alright with the xrays.

pitc9
08-22-2006, 10:01 AM
What a jacka$$!!!
I hope everything works out for her!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-22-2006, 11:35 AM
X-rays were taken: no damage on her hips!!
Hurray!!!

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Great news! So the pain is just bruising and general stiffness?

Sonia59
08-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Good news! :)

lizbud
08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
So glad to hear no breaks of any kind. :) Sometimes the soft tissue injuries
from an accident can cause as much pain as a broken bone. Poor Indra. :(
I hope the Dr can give something for the discomfort she feels.

Karen
08-22-2006, 11:49 AM
X-rays were taken: no damage on her hips!!
Hurray!!!

Whew! And bruises heal faster than two weeks, so she'll have some normal time before school starts again!

Cataholic
08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
So glad to hear no breaks of any kind. :) Sometimes the soft tissue injuries
from an accident can cause as much pain as a broken bone. Poor Indra. :(
I hope the Dr can give something for the discomfort she feels.

Isn't that the truth, Liz! I think broken bones, when casted, actually can hurt much less than the soft tissue. Poor Indra.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Indra insists in saying something to everybody here:

Thank you for caring, to EVERYBODY on PET TALK !!!

gini
08-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, Lut, God love her!

Thank goodness that nothing is broken. She is young and will mend quickly.
I am just so sorry that she has had to go through such an experience.

What a life's lesson she has learned! People can be dishonest - and hateful.

catnapper
08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Whew, glad the witness came forward and signed the paperwork. Please let us know what happens to the jerk who falsified that report!

I never heard of a company insuring an employee on their way home from work --- AWESOME! What a great break there.

Amd more good news that no damage was done to her other than bruises. Bruises will fade a whole lot better than anything else :)

prechrswife
08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I just saw this thread, and I'm glad Indra will be okay. I'm also glad to hear that things seem to be working out the right way. I know that had to have been a frightening experience.

Corinna
08-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Glad things are working out for you and your daughter.

ramanth
08-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Wonderful news!! I hope her bruises heal quickly.