PDA

View Full Version : What mixed breeds do you see in Tyson?

flyeagle487
08-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Please take a look at my pictures of 8 week old Tyson, let me know what you think.

GreyhoundGirl
08-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Some lab and something long. ( dutchie, basset ect. )

IRescue452
08-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I see pittie and doxie, no lab at all.

GreyhoundGirl
08-18-2006, 10:20 AM
I see lab in the face, the ears and muzzle.

k9krazee
08-18-2006, 10:32 AM
I see pittie and doxie, no lab at all.

Thats what I see...especially in the side shot.

I don't see any Lab.

BOBS DAD
08-18-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree K9. Ain't seeing no Lab in there!!!

Sure looks like a Classic Weinerbull! I don't think it could look anything more like a Dachshound and a Pittie!!! A funny but wonderful mix!

The Brindling (coloring) is a giveaway for the Pittie possibility or there is the possibility of a Plott Hound (a kind of Coonhound) which also is marked exactly the same.

SEE PLOTT ATTACHED:

lv4dogs
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM
I agree with Bob's dad. I see pittie & doxie.

He could have a bigger breed in him, it's kind of hard to tell at that young of an age. But some mastiffs, coonhouds, plott hounds, etc... can look a little long especially so at that age. But his feet & leg joints don't really look like they would be a igger breed.

Guessing puppy breeds is pretty tough, their looks, size & shape can change dramatically when they are full grown.

He is a cutie thuogh, that I am sure of. ;)

lv4dogs
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Where are you located at? My neighbors just got a puppy about a week ago and (s)he looks VERY similar to yours. (the background in those pics do not look familiar though)

flyeagle487
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm in Charlotte, NC, but the pound is in Fort Mill, SC where the pictures were taken. The pound is calling him a Boxer / Lab mix.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. I attached I few more pic if that helps.

beanzs
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Dox, and Boston Terr.

Reachoutrescue
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I do not see any lab. I can see why the shelter would say boxer/lab...they can't say it is part pittie...or nobody would want him...or only evil people will. He does look like pittie/dox. I don't see boxer either. Either way..he is too cute!

Suki Wingy
08-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Puppies are always hard to tell but I could see daschund and pit. You probably know this already but his choke (slip) chain is on backwards in the newest pictures.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-22-2006, 05:17 PM
As was already said, it is hard to guess breeds with puppies. I'd think maybe Dachshund and Pitbull aswell, both breeds could give him the brindle colouring.

Oh, and not only is your choke chain on wrong but it is also much too big and I'd personally never use one on a puppy anyway :).

dragonfly
08-23-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm going to go with doxie/pitt on this one too. Definately Doxie and in a couple of the photos his head shape looks pitt to me. He's very cute. I would also lose the choke chain, I don't like them all that well personally.