PDA

View Full Version : Krakken the goldie

Iilo
08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, Ghettoblaster died about 5 days ago. I attribute it to the tank not being cycled long enough before he was put in it.

And probably still unfortunately for most of you fish enthusiasts, I got another goldfish.

His name is Krakken (because he's pretty much a sea-monster). And he's happy and healthy (to my fishy standards... he swim swim swims around and stares at me a lot when I pick up his pellet container).

Anyway, I got some pictures of the guy so you can all be like OMG WHAT A SMALL TANK HOW INHUMANE and HE HAS FIN ROT! (i don't think he does...).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/iilobaby/Krakka022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/iilobaby/Krakka029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/iilobaby/Krakka033.jpg

Christmas_Hamster
08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Looks fine to me :) What tank size do you have? I don't like basking it doesn't help with the problem if you talk nice and tell the person how to fix it instead of just telling them they aren't doing a good job.

He is very pretty. Maybe you can get him a buddy later on, they do like to have friends.

Iilo
08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
He's in a 10g, which is why I'm hesitant to get him any friends -- then the tank may ACTUALLY be too small for them.

Zippy
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
He is very pretty.Sorry about your other goldfish.But Krakken will help you heal.

Roxyluvsme13
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
He's pretty, and I don't find a 10 gallon too small, since I always kept my goldfish in much smaller than that because my mom doesn't want Giant goldfish.

Chilli
08-15-2006, 05:59 PM
He's such a cutie!! :D
I find a ten gallon a bit small for a goldie... only from personal experiance^^. Though its completely up to you on what you house the little guy in. A ten gallon is way better than a bowl!!
Again, the little guy is just too cute!

IRescue452
08-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Fin rot? I see fine fins. A ten gallon is fine for a small goldie. It seems you know a little about cycling so you'll be able to see to it that the water conditions are good, but they should be fine. I have a goldie tank fully cycled with a box filter, and I still have aquarium people telling me that's impossible and I must do water changes daily. Parameters read 0/0/5 everyday and I barely touch the water.

Christmas_Hamster
08-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Just to add: 1 inch of full grown Goldfish per 2.5 gallons. Keeping them in small tanks can promote growth stunting which is where the outside of the fish stops growing and the inside keeps growing. This is where most people think that fish grow to the size of their tanks. It is very painful for the fish and a nasty way for them to die. I am not trying to be rude or bash you I am just informing you ;)

Flatcoatluver
08-16-2006, 04:52 PM
He is very stunning! As a fantail owner myself, never seen a goldfish like that! wow!

I had my goldfish in a 10 gallon to start with. Once he started getting bigger, I bought a 55 gallon for really cheap, looking in the newspaper. Good luck he is stunning.