PDA

View Full Version : Hexay and Kasha.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I've posted odds and ends on Pet Talk forums about my daughter's German Sheperd ( :rolleyes: ) :D dogs, Hexay and Kasha.They visit from time to time.

My daughter rescued both of them 4 years ago from their abusive owner.

She was told that Hexay (the older of the two with the stick ) is a German Sheperd/wolf mix --- :rolleyes: :confused: . Hexay has to be brushed out every day to remove her thick under fur.

She was told that Kasha, the dark one, was originally from Germany. Kasha has a faint , ( can't read it) marking(stamp) inside one of her ears. My daughter was told that Kasha was very expensive.

I have a question to ask:

After looking at them in this picture, What breed, other than German Sheperd, can you see in Hexay,

Also, do you think Kasha is a Dutch Sheperd?

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-08-2006, 03:01 PM
They both look like German Shepherds to me. Do you have any other pictures of Kasha to see her from the side though, it's kind of hard to tell with her laying down like that.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank-You for the reply. I took pictures of them during our walk last night and I do have a side view picture of Hexay.She is the "bushy beauty" laying down. ;) Here's a side view of her.

I've spent a lot of time taking care of her this summer. I call her, Hexay June now ( she has improved in mobility so well, hence, she is a June Bride) :D

IRescue452
08-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I second that thought, two beautiful german shepherds.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I told Hexay June and Kasha Louise that Pet Talk said they are beautiful, and they told me to say Thank-You ;)

BOBS DAD
08-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I second that thought, two beautiful german shepherds.

I'm going to have third that thought. They are really very nice looking dogs. Also very healthy and strong looking too.

Dorothy - the black one looks alot like the owner of two similar dogs - I think Wolfsoul is her screen name!

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, I have noticed Wolfsoul's signiture. ;) Wolf, Wolf!!!!! :D

Thank-You everyone for complimenting on those two. I have worked SOOOO hard, ($$$$$$ :eek: ) grooming, walks, diet, massage,-------------

They pay me back so with much LOVE!!!!!

IShowDogsForFun
08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
The older one looks like she could be part Keeshond take a look at thes pics and tell me what you think.

Aurie
08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
They look like mature GSDs to me who are both very well taken care of. They are beautiful!

Dorothy39
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
The older one looks like she could be part Keeshond take a look at thes pics and tell me what you think.
I can't see your pictures :( ,

I'll look up that breed ;) , Hexay's legs are stout , her fur is high maintenence, but, she would let me groom her till the cows come home. she is so gentle, as is Kasha Louise.

Thank-you too, Aurie, for telling them they are beautiful.

Dorothy39
08-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Hexay does resemble a Keeshond--When I saw a dog named "Chaos" , Dog of the Day in July, He made me think of Hexay!!!! You're right.

IShowDogsForFun
08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I stay pretty informed on the different breeds because I show dogs.

Dorothy39
08-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I finally saw your pictures, and YES!!! I do think Hexay has that mix in her!!!

Thank-You for pointing that out!!!!! ;)

Her tail is real, real bushy!! But does not curl up. I've groomed her every single day since she started to visit (just before and during the heat wave here in the midwest)

She is gorgeous!!!!!

IShowDogsForFun
08-11-2006, 12:39 AM
when i saw her face i could tell she had keeshond in her

IRescue452
08-11-2006, 06:27 AM
She looks purebred to me. They come in three coat types. You'll get the spectacles for gsd's too. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/germanshepherdphotos5.htm