PDA

View Full Version : -- My Tall Boy Bailey (1 Pic) --

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
My Mom wanted a picture of Bailey standing up with her, so I decided to show you my "little boy". He is almost 8 months old and 31" at the withers. I still don't think he's a huge dog, but that's probably because I'm used to him. You can see my daughter standing underneath him, she wanted in the picture too lol! My Mom is 5' tall and my hubby (also in the pics) is 5' 9". When Bailey stands with my hubby, he can look him right in the eyes, they are the same height... for now! Bailey had to stand on an angle with my Mom, so it doesn't show how tall he really is. Anywho, here is what I got...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/TallBailey.jpg

Almita
08-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Bailey is sure... little hehe how cute! and how how huge!

Danegirl2208
08-01-2006, 01:13 AM
awww!! Look at that big handsome boy! Your gonna catch up with Malakai soon, if you keep growing so fast!
:) Great pics, theres nothing like a dane hug! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-01-2006, 01:17 AM
He's grown so much since you got him! Do you think he'll get a whole lot taller, or just a couple more inches? He's sure a handsome pup :) I met a 10 month old Dane in the pet store the other day and his owner said that he was 35" tall, he was one of the biggest pups I'd ever met.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 01:31 AM
He's grown so much since you got him! Do you think he'll get a whole lot taller, or just a couple more inches? He's sure a handsome pup :) I met a 10 month old Dane in the pet store the other day and his owner said that he was 35" tall, he was one of the biggest pups I'd ever met.

I really can't say how tall he will be, but I am positive he is not done growing yet. He is only 90 pounds at 8 months, so he has more weight to gain. I hope he gets taller, with all the weight he is going to gain, he would look pretty chunky if he didn't get taller lol.

Danegirl2208
08-01-2006, 01:36 AM
I really can't say how tall he will be, but I am positive he is not done growing yet. He is only 90 pounds at 8 months, so he has more weight to gain. I hope he gets taller, with all the weight he is going to gain, he would look pretty chunky if he didn't get taller lol.

your boys right on track..The average for an 8 month old dane is between 80-115lbs and 27-34 inches..so your boy is growing at a very nice rate :) My boy was about the same size as Bailey at this age..Once again he is gorgeous :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks! :)

zoomer
08-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Whoah!! He's gotten HUGE! :eek: I want more pictures! :p

MajesticCollies
08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I really love the Danes, But I cant quite picture one in my house. "Saddle up the dog kids, were going to town" lol Love his color. It took me years to figure out that Scooby was a Great Dane. My favorite childhood cartoon

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks! :)

sparks19
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
OOOOH I love Danes. Cant wait to have one. Not until we have a bigger house though. Teddy is already "in the way" as it is :D

Very cute

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
WOW. I didn't realize he was 8 months old already! It seems like just yesterday you brought the little guy home! He's very adorable :D.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Thank you!

finn's mom
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
He's so handsome! And, I'm sure he'll get taller, with you feeding him raw, they tend to grow at a more regulated pace, as opposed to growing to their max early on. it's better on their joints! ;) Your mom is adorable!

Husky_mom
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
i´m not sure having enough kisses for that dog, hes too cute i´ll probably run out of them.........hes so BIG with capital B..... :eek:

please please please give us more pics of him........ ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
He's so handsome! And, I'm sure he'll get taller, with you feeding him raw, they tend to grow at a more regulated pace, as opposed to growing to their max early on. it's better on their joints! ;) Your mom is adorable!

Alot of people ask me how him growing at a slower rate is good for him!? I try to explain to them that it is better on his joints and that he will get muscle and height at the same time (rather than being really tall and boney). He has gained so much muscle on the raw diet, he is rock hard lol!

My Mom is adorable isn't she? :) She is really tiny, I am 7 inches taller than her :eek: so she looks really little when we're together.

Jadapit
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Your mom and Bailey look like they are getting ready to dance in the second picture. ;) He is tall, I love that boy of yours so much. I agree with Kari, your mom is adorable. :D

lv4dogs
08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow, 8 months old already? Where does time go?

He sure is as handsome as ever, just taller. :p I bet he's a blast to be around.

finn's mom
08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Alot of people ask me how him growing at a slower rate is good for him!? I try to explain to them that it is better on his joints and that he will get muscle and height at the same time (rather than being really tall and boney). He has gained so much muscle on the raw diet, he is rock hard lol!

My Mom is adorable isn't she? :) She is really tiny, I am 7 inches taller than her :eek: so she looks really little when we're together.

Yeah, I got that a lot, too, as Finn was growing. People were always so shocked to hear his age, because he would inevitably be smaller than their dogs. Now, he's actually a tiny bit heavier than he should be! He caught up with all of them, he just did it at a healthier pace! (He's actually gone from 88 pounds to 82 pounds since May, so, his exercise is helping a lot, yay!)

Aw, I am only 5'1 or 5'2, depending on if I'm standing straight. ;) You are tall! I'd definitely have to look up to you if we met! ;)

Bailey is an extremely attractive dog, he's a great representative of the raw diet!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone! Bailey is a wonderful dog to be around, everyone loves him. He is a favorite around here, everyone has to stop and say hi to him before they head up to their apartment. The security guard comes to see him every night - Bailey loves him. Alot of people are intimidated by his size, even though I try and explain to them that he is a giant love bug.

I couldn't imagine not having Bailey in my life, I know now that I will always have a Dane. They are awesome dogs, the perfect breed for our family. :D

GreyhoundGirl
08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Bailey's awesome, He is just so......... CUTE !!! His amazing colouring makes me smile everytime I see him !

[QUOTE/] (rather than being really tall and boney).[QUOTE/]

Hey ! What's wrong with being really tall and boney ! ( pretends to take offence ) :rolleyes:

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey ! What's wrong with being really tall and boney ! ( pretends to take offence ) :rolleyes:

LOL! I mean tall and boney, with poor muscle tone. :p

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Your mom and Bailey look like they are getting ready to dance in the second picture. ;)

Bailey wouldn't stop licking her face! He doesn't stay standing up for long, we are trying to teach him to get up on our shoulders with a command.

Thanks everyone!

Toby's my baby
08-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow! :eek: Bailey sure has grown!! He is so handsome! :D

BCollie_Kelly
08-01-2006, 08:05 PM
wow, he is one BIG boy! :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Thank you! :) :)

buttercup132
08-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Aww Bailey I'll be over in a bit to steal you:)

Alysser
08-01-2006, 09:28 PM
OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I remember when he was so little and now! :eek:

Now, I know what they mean when they say something grew overnight. :p

(He's still a cutie. ;) )

luvofallhorses
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
he's my kinda dog! :D I LOVE big dogs and he is HANDSOME!!! :D

DrKym
08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
He is beautiful! I personally love the Merles. For the record Bailey is one of Alexs (my stepson) Fave dogs as he looks like our Domino RIP she was a Harley but he associated the spots.Everytime I logged on while he was here he looked for your siggy and few others that caught his eye! Bailey is right on track as far as growth, and he is so nicely proportioned for his age (alot fall apart again at this age). He is a lucky pup to have such a loving Mom.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks everyone!

DH took Bailey to get weighed and he is 96 pounds - I was off by 6 pounds! I can't believe how fast he's growing up, he'll be 12 months on December 9th. DH wants to add another Dane to the family once we buy our own house. :D

Danegirl2208
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks everyone!

DH took Bailey to get weighed and he is 96 pounds - I was off by 6 pounds! I can't believe how fast he's growing up, he'll be 12 months on December 9th. DH wants to add another Dane to the family once we buy our own house. :D

Like the old saying goes.. "Danes are like potatoe chips, you can NEVER have just one" ;)..im still waiting to get my next pup too, what color are you guys thinking about getting?

DrKym
08-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Hopes another merle! closes eyes and clicks heels 3 times!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Like the old saying goes.. "Danes are like potatoe chips, you can NEVER have just one" ;)..im still waiting to get my next pup too, what color are you guys thinking about getting?

If we do get another Dane, color doesn't really matter. As long as he/she has the same temperament as Bailey (I know most Danes do), we don't care. We want to adopt an adult this time, puppies are too much for me! :p Bailey is an awesome, well behaved puppy - but I know that not all pups are like him.

DrKym
08-02-2006, 02:56 AM
ahem sneezes while saying this :aaaaaaaaaaaaaabullchooooooooooooo:: Honey all Dane pups are amazing. I remember growing up with several, ok more than several! All were like lays potato chips my fave being Blue Danube (danny)