PDA

View Full Version : tell me about your ragdoll or main coon

ashleycat
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm trying to decide. Or maybe if you know of another similar breed.

I'm looking for a kitty that is really affectionate and really wants you.

My silver and black striped tabby is hiding all day and I never see her.

I'm also having problems finding them on petfinder or classifieds w/o paying 500 dollars. I'd be gladly to adopt from shelter but it seems they are hard to find here.

catmandu
07-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Orange Cats are in my experience, extemely friendly and easy to get along with.
Your Tabby Cat will be more friendly, in time.
Several of The Found Cats were timid, but now we do all get along.

ashleycat
07-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Really?? when?? I've had her for 8 years. :D

I had an orange tabby once. He lives at my dads house. And he is more friendly. Maybe it's cus hes a boy?

catmandu
07-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Sadly something scared her when she was young, and shes not over it.
Some Cats are like that, and its a shame.
Precious ran from me for years, and I let her be, and now shes my Buddy.
Let her know you love her, and I pray she will be friendlier.

ashleycat
07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Well she does come out every now and then to go to another room. She's not scared, she just sleeps a lot. lol She'll be affectionate and purr if I go find her. lol. She's friendly, just not ever around.

That's why I want another kitty breed. One that constantly wants to be with you. That's what I read about ragdolls and maincoons.

RedHedd
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
My Mishi is a Maine Coon. He's a large, silky soft, goofy love muffin. He's not a lap cat - heck he's too big! :eek: but he does love to sleep with me and when I'm on the computer he HAS to come head-bump and rub my legs, asking for head noogies, that I obligingly give him. He loves to play in water, pesters his little sister, Mitzi (not a Maine Coon) and generally is a happy-go-lucky guy. They are the clowns of the feline world - large, clumsy, oh-so-silly and very sweet. Some of them are talkers - my Mishi LOVES to sing.

ashleycat
07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
What about this kitty??

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?&petid=6589865

Laura's Babies
07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
She is lovely.... why not go meet her and see how it goes?

Sevaede
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
If I had known that you were looking for another kitty, I would have suggested our foster girl Lily. :) She is very sweet and playful and weird. :D

If you are interested in knowing more about her and whatnot my email is [email protected] . I check it more than once a day. I won't be able to answer on Saturday as I will not have comp access and will be flying out of Dallas. But, will have access after that. :) Oh, I'll also be on for a couple more hours tonight.

Sonia59
07-14-2006, 03:29 AM
I am not sure it is a question of breed, well may be partly. But it mainly comes from what they have lived in the first part of their life. My Jasmine was born outside and rescued after some weeks and she has never been kissed and cuddled by humans when she was a baby. She is very shy but also improving very slowly. I need to be very patient. But she is not one year old yet, so it's still different from your kitty. None of our visitors has been able to see her yet, unless they accept to go under my bed ;)

You can also find all kinds of kitties in shelters from the most shy, to the one who will jump on your lap. If you go and see some cats, you will immediately see which one is OK for you or not.