PDA

View Full Version : Help, Rescued Kitten!

Rdoerr
07-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Hello, I really need some advice. A stray cat had kittens on my mother-in-laws porch. The mom took three of the kittens away and left one behind. My in laws are not pet lovers so I took the little kitty in. It is only five days old. So far I have put the kitty in a box with a heating pad and towel. I went and purchased some kitty formula and bottle. I feed the kitty every three hours and then I put a warm cotton ball on it's private are to get it to go potty. It goes pee fine, but it has only gone poop one time. I have to work full time and I am not there to feed kitty and I am so worried. Will it be okay until I get home? Am I doing everything okay?

moosmom
07-11-2006, 10:41 AM
You're certainly doing everything right. Is there anyway you can call your vet (or a local vet hospital) to see if they could care for the kitty while you're at work. Or, if you're not going to keep the kitten, see if they'd want to care for it and find it a home. Kittens get adopted very quickly.

Another suggestion is to search for the other kittens. Watch the mama and her comings and goings. She won't stray far from them, trust me. It's way too soon to try and trap her, as her kittens need her more. But when they get older, you might want to trap her and the kittens. The longer they stay with the mama, the more difficult it is to socialize them, as they become feral (wild).

Keep up the great job!