PDA

View Full Version : Get a female betta?

jesse_3
07-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Well, I am really missing Lomasi (she passed away about 2 weeks ago, without warning.) and I was just wondering if you PT'ers thought I should get another betta. It would be from Wal-Mart, because 1) I feel bad for the fish there; 2) I am not breeding betta's; 3) I don't have the money to buy from a breeder...etc.
So, should I rescue another girl from Wal-Mart, and fill my lonely, empty tank?

Steph...

bckrazy
07-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Of COURSE I said yes, because I wanna see pics :p Also because I love girls, they are waay cooler and easier to keep than crazy Betta boys.

I definitely recommend checking out or calling local aquarium/fish stores with good reputations, to be sure they don't have some girls available. Support W*M fish department as little as possible, because it really is wrong for them to profit from mistreating fish.

lute
07-09-2006, 02:40 AM
YES! we love new fishies!

Zippy
07-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Yes.Get another girl.Lomasi would want you too.

Chilli
07-09-2006, 10:00 AM
YES! ^___^ As long as you're up to it.
I absolutely adore girls (don't tell my boys, but I like females a bit more than males^^).
Anyway, how can anyone have an empty tank in their house? ;)

chocolatepuppy
07-09-2006, 11:40 AM
yes !!! :D

dab_20
07-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry about Lomasi. :( But yes! You should get another betta :D

jesse_3
07-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I definitely recommend checking out or calling local aquarium/fish stores with good reputations, to be sure they don't have some girls available. Support W*M fish department as little as possible, because it really is wrong for them to profit from mistreating fish.

I would, if there were some around:o I thought I had written that one down, I guess I didn't though. Ben Franklin is the only other place with fish, but they don't have any female betta's.
I do agree with not supporting W*M fish department though. I always make comments when I pass by, and I am hoping to get a job there to take better care of the fish in their tanks, whether or not I am in the fish section!

Well, seems as if there will probably be another female betta coming here to PT! Just gotta get the final okay from my mom!

Chilli, I am DEFINETELY up to it:D:D I love taking care of fish, even cleaning the tanks I think is fun!