PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Can't wait to see this!!!

finn's mom
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I know, it comes out Friday, right? I'm excited about it, too!

elizabethann
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Me too! The movies will be packed this Friday. I'll wait for another week or two before I see it. But if you go & see it this weekend, can you give us your review?

:)

RedHedd
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Me too! Can't wait! :)

Riptide
07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Ohhh, I can't wait!! I want to see it when it first comes out (Friday night) but...that may not happen XD

cavylove
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
it comes out on thursday where i am but i am going to see it with miss z and midget gem next week sometime. it will be too busy on thursday. i just love johnny depp and orlando bloom especially in pirate costumes. i can't wait!!!

Argranade
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
I shur cant wait the first was great and the second should be better of course funny with JD :D

ChrisH
07-05-2006, 01:48 PM
At 7.30pm tommorow (Thursday) my son, my grandaughter and I will be sitting in those cinema seats ready for the ride to begin. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/jr.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/pirateslifeforme.gif

Suki Wingy
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
I can't wait! I don't know when I'll be able to see it though

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll probably have to wait till it's on DVD before I see it.. :rolleyes:

Kirsten
07-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I also would love to see it. Orlando Bloom looks great, especially in that pirate costume. And Johnny Depp is always a pleasure to watch! :)

Kirsten

carole
07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I will be there with bells on, yep it has been released in NZ at the same time as US for once, cannot wait to see my darling Johnny, saw him interviewed by NZer reporter, he is so down to earth, love that guy, said he had never been here,and was presented with a copper type bangle from a girl here, who said to the reporter to give it to him, he seemed really chuffed about it.

He genuinely seems to care about his fans, ok enough raving about the sexiest man alive and then there is Orlando, 2nd sexiest man alive, oh dear this is too much for an ole girl like me lol. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-06-2006, 05:11 AM
I also would love to see it. Orlando Bloom looks great, especially in that pirate costume. And Johnny Depp is always a pleasure to watch! :)

Kirsten

Yes, a fine actor ;)

Danegirl2208
07-06-2006, 05:19 AM
cant wait!! ill probably wait a week before i see it though, although JD would make the LOOONG wait worth while ;)

Alysser
07-06-2006, 09:27 AM
O-M-G, I want to see it so bad! But it'll be to busy here in the first week so that is so out. :( I have to wait till it goes out on DVD or see it sometime in the upcoming weeks.

Logan
07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I loved the first one, but waited until it was on DVD to see it. Pirates of the Caribbean has always been my "favorite" ride in the Magic Kingdom, too! :)

My daughter is going with our church youth group tomorrow night. They have gotten tickets, in advance. She LOVED the first one and has watched it many times.

Logan

sparks19
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
When my hubby wanted to see the first one I wasn't overly thrilled. Pirate movies aren't really my thing. BUT I watched it anyway..... and I LOVED it. It was fantastic.

I cannot wait to go see the second one. I doubt we will go this weekend but maybe the weekend after when it has slowed down a bit. :D

Almita
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm with you I can't wait to see it either. They are only having three episodes for pirates of the caribbean. So this is the second one. The producer said taht when he got an interview. I wish and hope they will make more. I'm going to see it on Friday with my best friend Kaci.

Muddy4paws
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
When my hubby wanted to see the first one I wasn't overly thrilled. Pirate movies aren't really my thing. BUT I watched it anyway..... and I LOVED it. It was fantastic.

Exactly how I felt, We rented it from blockbusters and I sat down to watch it and ended up watching it 2 more time :D

Cant wait to see it though! Will be dragging my boyfriend up to Leicester Square to see it in the huge Odeon cinema where they do the Premieres!! :D :D

dab_20
07-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm going to see it this friday with a couple friends! It looks good.... I loved the first one.

Bengalz
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I loved the first one so much I bought the DVD and have watched it many times since. Johnny Depp is so yummy :D

Can hardly wait to see this one too.

RedHedd
07-06-2006, 09:47 PM
The reviews today are not so good. I still want to see it.

finn's mom
07-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Someone posted about it in the movies thread...sounds like they liked it! I want to see it this weekend, but, not sure if I will have time...maybe next week or weekend!

slleipnir
07-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I think it's dumb they gave Kiera Knightley swords. I haven't seen it yet, but from the previews I noticed she had swords. Maybe it's just cause I don't like her, I don't know, but in the first movie, she was some rich guys daughter. How in world would she know how to fight?? I highly doubt someone of her "lady" status would bother....yet, in the movie, she seems to be able to fight just fine. I think that's dumb

Pawsitive Thinking
07-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Who cares about reviews? Its got Johnny Depp in it!!

JenBKR
07-07-2006, 08:33 AM
I think I'm going to see it tonight - I hope so! I loved the first one, and have been looking forward to this one for quite a while ;)

ChrisH
07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Saw it last night and boy, what a rollercoaster ride!
It is a follow on story from the first certainly but beyond that is very different. Elizabeth's character is expanded (btw Kiara is fabulous) as are a few more of the orginal crew, Orlando's Will is still serious but has much more derring-do, Bill Nighy's Davy Jones is stunning and Jack Sparrow, well, Jack is... Jack!!

It is fast, funny, has bit's that make you go 'yuk' and is a wonderful, exciting and entertaining two hours of fun. :D

JenBKR
07-08-2006, 08:23 AM
:(

Went to see Pirates (and Cars) last night at the drive in, and five minutes into Pirates, which was showing first, a transformer blew and shorted out the whole place :eek: We got a refund, but I didn't get to see the movie! I hope we'll try again either this weekend or next!

primabella
07-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I thought it was really awesome. It was funny and exciting (I chewed off a long strip of my nail polish, haha) and of course, it's got Jack Sparrow.

I read a critique about it that it's nothing but a teaser for the third one, but wow, am I ever excited for the third one now. :D

dab_20
07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I saw the movie yesterday... it was great!! I had trouble following because I hadn't seen the first movie in a looong time so I kept saying... "who is that again?". Jack was really funny in the movie and there were some parts that were just like... yuck. It was a fast paced movie and I really liked it... can't wait to see the third!

Argranade
07-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Darn its out already! I gota go see it. :D

I can't wait to see this movie it looks funny well hopefuly Ill see it this week. :rolleyes:

flamepony12
07-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Just got back from seeing it with a friend- we thought it was really funny, except for, of course, the parts where things jump out at you. :o

Jack will obviously show up in the next movie, so I'm not too worried about that. XP

finn's mom
07-09-2006, 03:00 AM
I thought it was great! I saw it this afternoon. It is truly like riding a roller coaster, very very fun! It's a bit gorier, a little more violent than the first one. And, the makeup and costumes are superb! The sound in the movie is wonderfully layered, you can hear everything! Even the grody, squishy stuff that you'd be all right if you couldn't hear. It's campy in some parts, which is part of the charm, and, I thought they stayed true to the characters. I honestly think there's more chemistry between Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley than Knightley and Orlando Bloom, but, I'll have to watch the first one to see if I felt that way then, too...or if it is just the nature of the plot in this one. Overall, I thought the film was really really good. I loved the cages! That was so creative! I give it two thumbs up!!!!

finn's mom
07-09-2006, 03:03 AM
I highly doubt someone of her "lady" status would bother....yet, in the movie, she seems to be able to fight just fine. I think that's dumb

I do remember in the first one (or maybe I am wrong, it's been awhile :)) that she didn't really relish the whole "lady" status...that she was almost tomboyish. But, again, I could be wrong! And, when I read your comment, having not noticed her fighting in the previews or anything, I thought, that is kinda strange, but, maybe she had just learned from Will or something. And, I hope you don't consider this a spoiler, but, she does mention that in the movie...something about Will teaching her to use a sword...and, she really doesn't fight fantastically or anything, just basic stuff. ;) Anyway, just thought I'd comment now that I've seen the film. ;)

Alysser
07-09-2006, 05:52 AM
O-M-G! I saw it last night with my dad. I can honestly say, I have a favorite new movie. GREAT graphic and scenery. As said earlier, it was kind of gross and a little bit frightening but I LOVED it. I never saw the first one but you can still get what's going on even if you didn't. I REALLY hate it when they leave you at a cliffhanger, which they did...BUT that means more Pirates of The Caribbean movies! :D

flamepony12
07-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I honestly think there's more chemistry between Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley than Knightley and Orlando Bloom, but, I'll have to watch the first one to see if I felt that way then, too...or if it is just the nature of the plot in this one.

I was thinking the same thing! I definitely saw what was coming. It seemed that way in the first one too, but even more so in the second.

slleipnir
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
I liked it :) Can't wait for the 3rd one...

RedHedd
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Critics be da**ed! I saw it last night with a friend and LOVED it! Fast (was it really 2.5 hours long?), funny, the special effects, stunts (loved the wheel thing), costuming and make-up are TERRIFIC. We all know Captain Jack will be back ..... I loved the cliffhanger ending and can't wait for Pirates 3, which starts filming next month.

Pirates Trivia question: What is the name of the original captain of the Black Pearl? The one at the very end?

primabella
07-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Pirates Trivia question: What is the name of the original captain of the Black Pearl?

Captain Barbossa played by Geoffrey Rush. I love him, he's so awesome. :D

carole
07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
It is the school holidays here, so my daughter and her friend went and saw it, they both loved it, said it was as good as the first one, I will have to wait until my wedding anniversary on the 4th of August to see it, but i hope it is worth the wait, i have freebie passes then too, so will be a cheap and nice evening out.

rizzy
07-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I just came home from it 15 minutes ago! I thought it was pretty good, but I was confused and needed explaining on some parts. I dont really like how it ended, or should I say stopped? I also can not wait to see the third one so it can continue where it left off.

dogzr#1
07-09-2006, 11:55 PM
We are probably going to watch it tommorow now that the week has started and the theater has hopefully calmed down a bit. It seems really good, and since I loved the first one, I think I'll like this one too.

I read that on opening day it grossed $55 million beating the old record of $50 million earned by Star Wars Episode 3, setting a new record. Also it beat Spider-Man's old three day record of $115 million, setting it at a high $132 million. Hope I didn't make that too confusing.

wolf_Q
07-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I saw it today and I really enjoyed it. :) Of course I loved the first one too. We arrived late though so I just have a question I'm hoping somebody can clear up for me. Was Jack in a coffin (floating) at the beginning or something else? How did he get there? I came in right as the bird landed on top and he came out I was a bit confused. I also missed how he got on the boat (was looking for my parents at the time they ended up in the wrong theater lol) Thanks.

Miss Z
07-10-2006, 03:10 AM
As cavylove said, I'll be off with her and our other friend Katherine to see it on Friday! It'll be great :D

ramanth
07-10-2006, 09:00 AM
I saw it today and I really enjoyed it. :) Of course I loved the first one too. We arrived late though so I just have a question I'm hoping somebody can clear up for me. Was Jack in a coffin (floating) at the beginning or something else? How did he get there? I came in right as the bird landed on top and he came out I was a bit confused. I also missed how he got on the boat (was looking for my parents at the time they ended up in the wrong theater lol) Thanks.
It showed the Black Pearl anchored just off shore of the island. Some men were tossing coffins into the sea and after they drifted out aways, Jack shot a hole in the coffin top, used the bone leg of the other coffin occupant as an oar and rowed to the Black Pearl.

His men helped him onboard and began eagerly asking him if he found what he was looking for. It was implied that he snuck into the prison, but we never are told how... only the why. He went in for the drawing of the key. :)

Andy and I saw it last night and we really enjoyed it! It was a bit slow at some points but had a lot of twists and turns. We're eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment!

Did anyone else stay in the theater till the end of the credits? ;) :D

finn's mom
07-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Did anyone else stay in the theater till the end of the credits? ;) :D

I did! ;) I remembered at the end of the first one that it showed that bit with the monkey, so, I stuck around. Got a giggle out of it, so, I'm glad I did!

elizabethann
07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I saw it last night. I guess it's just not my type of movie. I never saw the first one, either, but it was my friends' choice to see it.

I was never so bored in my life and there were many people in the theater who thought the same. :o I fell asleep and woke back up thinking "Isn't this over yet?" - Half of my friends fell asleep, too.

Although it was nice to see Depp. ;)

LOL. Perhaps I should bring a pillow & blanket just in case. :D

I haven't seen it yet but plan to. I can't wait to see Lady In the Water.

RedHedd
07-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Did anyone else stay in the theater till the end of the credits? ;) :D Darn! No, we didn't! They're starting to do a lot more of that, aren't they?

dogzr#1
07-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry to bump this up, but I just saw it.

I thought it was really good. It has many funny and memorable quotes. Loved it and can't wait for the third one.

K & L
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm so anxious to. Johnny Depp is my heart throb. I bought a t-shirt that has his picture on it and says "captains wench"! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-14-2006, 03:35 AM
OMG! Went to see it last night! Its brilliant!!! Laughed out loud, jumped out of my skin, went "eeeeewwwwwwww" Cap'n Jack is in fine form!!!! (in fact, I've got him answering my phone ;) )

Only a few of us stayed right to the end of the credits :D

Danegirl2208
07-14-2006, 04:13 AM
i havent seen it yet!! its driving me crazy, we've been way too busy the past few days :( I want to see my Johnny!!!! :)

Tralee
07-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I saw it and loved it!!

Depp will be back!!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Cast overview, first billed only:
Johnny Depp .... Jack Sparrow
Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner
Keira Knightley .... Elizabeth Swann

RedHedd
07-14-2006, 11:30 AM

Keith Richards .... Jack Sparrow's Dad

Alysser
07-14-2006, 01:20 PM
I saw it and loved it!!

Depp will be back!!

I knew he would be! THANK GOD! :eek: Seriously, those movies wouldn't be the same without him but I bet he comes back at the very end:(

kitten645
07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Saw it yesterday and I loved it! :D Johnny Depp is so sexy but I've always loved men in makeup..LOL. Orlando has a body to die for. In the scene where they give him five lashes they ripped the shirt off him exposing his back and you could hear the women in the audience gasp!! :D :D

NOTE!!!!!! Wait till after the credits for a fun treat!!!

Tralee
07-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I knew he would be! THANK GOD! :eek: Seriously, those movies wouldn't be the same without him but I bet he comes back at the very end:(
I bet it will be at the very start, if he comes at the end it wouldn't be starring Johnny!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I bet it will be at the very start, if he comes at the end it wouldn't be starring Johnny!

Has to be at the beginnning!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2006, 04:16 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm so anxious to. Johnny Depp is my heart throb. I bought a t-shirt that has his picture on it and says "captains wench"! :D

Where did you get your t-shirt from??

sparks19
07-17-2006, 10:16 AM
We went to see it on Sunday afternoon. but darn it all I forgot to stay until after the credits even though I KNEW there was a little extra.

I LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT. It's funny too :D lol

As for the part where they rip of Orlando Blooms shirt. YUMMMMM and all you see is his back lol.

JenBKR
07-24-2006, 09:20 AM
YAY I finally got to see it! Fantastic movie, can't wait for the 3rd one! I just love Johnny Depp in his Pirate gear :D

ChrisH
07-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Me too. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Johnny/potc2258.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Johnny/river1.jpg

dogzr#1
07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I am officially obsessed with PotC because of Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp. I love those pictures! lol...I'm such a dork :p

ChrisH
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I am officially obsessed with PotC because of Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp. I love those pictures! lol...I'm such a dork :p
Naw! Just be aware that you are in danger of contracting JDOCD (Johnny Depp Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). But don't worry, it's quite common and not at all life-threatening. I might even venture to say that its most enjoyable.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/happy041.gif

dogzr#1
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I've been having the symptoms! i even joined a forum dedicated to PotC! It's called keeptothecode.com

Alysser
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Dogzr#1, me to! To tell you the truth, I hated the first one even though I didn't see it. I was scared because I thought it was scary lol. The skeleton pirates on the previews scared me and I never saw it. I HATED IT. I can't even believe I hated it. I feel like such a fool. Captain Jack is my computer background and my phone background. I went to downtown disney and got a POTC shirt lol. I'm going to see it agian with my friends. I still can't believe I ever hated this movie. My dad dragged me to the movies with him to see it and I didn't want to, I ended up liking it more then him, lol. :D

lol, Chris I like him to. But I really only like him as Captain Jack but I'm starting to like him more when he's just plain Johnny Depp. Orlando Bloom isn't bad in that movie either.

dogzr#1
07-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I hadn't watched the first one till my brothers convinced me to. I watched it a couple days before DMC came out. I loved the first one and watched it many times in a row. I finally convinced my mom to let us go watch the second one and I loved it. I want to watch it again and again, but I am the only 'fan' if you will, at my house. My desktop is also from PotC. I want to get some T-Shirts that pertain to PotC, but my family would make fun of me, big time. I love how Johnny Depp plays *Captain* Jack Sparrow. I can't imagine anyone else playing him. Well I'm just blabbering now, so I'll stop. I have one of my favorite lines in my signature.

I guess I'm on at all the right times. It seems like I'm on PT all day. lol

Pawsitive Thinking
07-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Me too. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Johnny/potc2258.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Johnny/river1.jpg

SWOON