PDA

View Full Version : jealous dog

Majestic
07-02-2006, 05:23 PM
what sould I do if my new dog gets jealous when my old dog tries to get my attention? The new dog, Angel, will make a little noise "grrrrrrr" while looking at my old dog.

Thanks!

*iluvskipper*
07-02-2006, 06:02 PM
well thats not very nice because ur old dog was there first so its probly like more his "territory" lol. idk what u'd do maybe just get her used to you spending some time with your other dog too??? if that makes sense???

Majestic
07-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I spent more time with my old dog despite of the new one getting jealous. The new one now is kinda accepting it.

Alysser
07-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I personally would let Kiki show Angel whom is boss. In ALL my experience with dogs the top dog was the first dog, no questions asked. They have to make they're own pack order. I'm not saying for you to let Kiki attack Angel hard but just let him show her who is boss in a peacful way.

BTW, congrats on the new addition! We need pics... ;)

BC_MoM
07-02-2006, 07:44 PM
If you're crating you're new dog, I would suggest putting her in her crate for a time out when she gets like this for you only paying attention to your old dog.

Make sure you spend a lot of time with your old dog. Make sure you feed him first, clip on his leash first, give him treats first, etc. and the new dog may learn that the old dog is boss.

Good luck.

jessie471
07-02-2006, 07:47 PM
my dog always gets jelouse wat i do is spend time with both of my dogs at the same time

Majestic
07-03-2006, 03:43 PM
thank you all for your advices. I have done everything with KiKi first from going to potty, dinner time, water, playing, etc....then the new one - Angel. I will have her pictures soon.