PDA

View Full Version : Jealous jealous jealous!

Nomilynn
05-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Bassett has a bit of the green monster in her..

Whenever Tilly is on my lap lately, Bassett jumps up and tried to squeeze her 16 lb. body between Tilly and me! When Tilly is on my lap she lays really close to my tummy.. so Bassett makes a point of trying to get into that one inch space between Tilly's back and my stomach! :D

They are so funny!! :D

Former User
05-16-2002, 12:53 PM
LOL, I can imagine that, same goes on here too. If Kitty is on my lap, Casper HAS to come too :rolleyes: Then Kitty usually gives up, jumps away and Casper looks so proud of himself! KIDS! :D

Lachesis
05-16-2002, 01:23 PM
This is SO Max!! He's always been like this. If someone is in my lap or on me, he will sit on them (even if it's their head, he doesnt care) just to be closer....

wolflady
05-16-2002, 01:28 PM
LOL LOL Marius does this same thing to Scooter. If Scooter is snoozing peacefully on the windowsill, or on the couch...or in someone's lap, Marius will undoubtedly come and shoo Scooter away and claim that specific spot for himself! How rude! LOL LOL He can be such a bully sometimes! :rolleyes: LOL

Lachesis
05-16-2002, 01:29 PM
We call Max "the brute" b/c he is always shoving someone out of the way LOL

wolflady
05-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Lachesis
We call Max "the brute" b/c he is always shoving someone out of the way LOL

LOL LOL :rolleyes: :D What a bully! LOL LOL ;)

Nomilynn
05-16-2002, 02:16 PM
HAHAHA.. What funny babies!! :D :D

Lachesis
05-16-2002, 02:41 PM
He seems to have a jealousy problem mainly with Milo... PepperAnn loves ppl but isnt as cuddley as the other 2 when your laying in bed. :/ But if you pick Pepper up (she likes to be held when Im on the computer) he will be right there.
Last night I made dh come get him b/c he was yowling so hard :rolleyes: but I couldnt hold them both....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2002, 10:12 AM
It's funny, C&K, Tubby is the same way as Casper. Wonder if it has anything do to with being solid black. But then again Marius does too so maybe it's just being a solid color that does it. :) Tubby has always been jealous of Peanut and does exactly the same as others mentioned. If he notices Peanut in my lap - or anywhere near, he comes over and makes his presence known. Over the years Peanut has just accepted it and she'll jump down an let him have his space. It's even gotten to the point where if I'm brushing Peanut on our bed (her favorite place to be brushed), he will eventually notice what's going on and jump up. Then as soon as she jumps down, he'll jump down after her. What a snot! :rolleyes:

Lachesis
05-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Max is like that. AS soon as the other cat wanders off he leaves too... ummmm helllo??? :rolleyes:

sasvermont
05-17-2002, 10:24 AM
But I think it is a male cat thing. Sorta - I'm in charge so beat it - concept. Miley always gives in to Graemer, so he expects her to leave. Sometimes I end up hold them both. They a still skinny and don't weigh much, so I can still do that. They both like to be held like babies, over the shoulder, so I end up with one on each shoulder. Actually, I am in heaven when that happens. They are so warm and silky - and have such a sweet smell to them, that I find it be one of my favorite things to do with them. They are often way too active to relax for that many moments. Our best cuddle time is in the bed in the morning.

:D

Nomilynn
05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
I don't know about the male thing.. both Bassett and Tilly are girls!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2002, 12:42 AM
I have three male cats and two of them can get very jealous. Sunny gets very jealous and meows loudly and then runs over to me when I am giving either Storm or Pepper any kind of attention. He'll do it even after I've given him attention first. It seems like he has to always be the center of attention. He is the baby. Storm will stare and glare at me while I'm giving the other two attention. When he can't stand it anymore, he'll come running over to me and demand attention. Sometimes I think that Pepper gets the least attention because he's so laid back and not as demanding as the other two.