PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Pictures Today

BC_MoM
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Because the humane society is closed tomorrow for Canada Day, I volunteered today. Here's pictures of some of the dogs I walked.

Sugar
http://winnipeghumanesociety.ca/adopt/adoption_Gallery/dogs/individual_dogs/images/119677Sugar.JPG
This girl is a SWEETHEART.. (and a senior). She is a Beagle mix.. and definitely has the nose of one! We were on one side of the street and she was whining and wanting to cross over, so we went.. and she found a dead rabbit! I was amazed. lol

She also surprised me because she stopped at the end of every sidewalk before we would cross the road. What a doll!!

Stitch
http://winnipeghumanesociety.ca/adopt/adoption_Gallery/dogs/individual_dogs/images/117278Stitch.JPG
Apparently a Lab x Golden Retriever.. uhh.. more like a Lab x Great Dane! This guy is SOO tall! But VERY obedient. He would be a great choice for a family with younger kids. He walks so nicely on the leash, he's very calm. I love him to bits!

Max E Million
http://winnipeghumanesociety.ca/adopt/adoption_Gallery/dogs/individual_dogs/images/121267MaxEMillion.JPG
Hmm.. a Beagle x JRT. A happy boy! He kept gnawing on my arm, though, when I would pet his back or chest. Not a behaviour I enjoy. I think he is a younger lad, though.. he was went in for neutering right after our walk. Poor boy. ;)

I also walked a Border Colllie x Golden Retriever named Petra who was adopted right after our walk. She was adorable. Last dog I walked was Aimee, a Shepherd x Husky.. so calm, very happy, loves to play!

I'm surprised I didn't feel like bringing any of them home today, though! Usually I want to bring them ALL home. lol

BCollie_Kelly
06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Aww what cutie pies! Glad to see you had fun! What about the pit bull, Roybn I think you said her name was... did you walk her?

BC_MoM
06-30-2006, 06:26 PM
She was there, but was already walked this morning when I arrived. I did give her a cookie, though. lol

The_Duck
06-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Awwww. What sweethearts! I hope they find their forever homes very soon.

lisahumphreys882
06-30-2006, 09:46 PM
This is just volunteering right...not actually a job you get payed for? While anyway I was just wondering if you happened to know whether there are humane societies that a student can get a paying job at. I assume not though as I believe you are just volunteering. Anywho keep up the good work you're doing. :) Oh by the way the doggies are all very cute. :p

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2006, 10:04 PM
What cute pups! I hope they all find good homes soon. Good for you for volunteering! :)

luvofallhorses
06-30-2006, 10:27 PM
they are adorable! :) I hope they get adopted soon! is this a non - kill shelter?

BC_MoM
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Well, they don't call it no-kill, but it's almost not. It's not even worth mentioning the few animals that are killed (of course the animals are worth it, but the amount is amazingly low).

They have extensive programs for dogs that come in with issues at our humane society. It's absolutely amazing.

lute
07-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Max E. Million is adorable! i hope they all get adopted! it's so hard to leave the cuties. :(

zoey
07-02-2006, 08:30 AM
They're all so cute. I hope they get the good homes they deserve...