PDA

View Full Version : Pups are here!!

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Just wanted to post, that yesterday, Godiva had 8 beautiful healthy Collie babies. Sired by my boy Zack, CH HawkEire Flyin Without Wings.

The litter breakdown is:

3 Tri Males - not sure coat type
1 Sable Male - Smooth Coat
3 Tri females - I THINK 2 smooths and 1 rough
1 Sable Female - Rough Coat

Below is a picture I took this afternoon...

Janna

http://i5.tinypic.com/168eihe.jpg

Danegirl2208
06-30-2006, 12:49 AM
oh how exciting! Congrats!! They are adorable, and mom looks good too :)

(ok excuse my lack of Collie knowledge, but if you breed to rough collies can you get smooths??)

The_Duck
06-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Eeeep! They're so cute! I hope you'll keep us updated as they grow. All look to be well and momma seems proud. My congratulations to you and their mum. :D

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 12:56 AM
No.. if you would breed 2 roughs together, you will get all roughs. However the sire of my litter is a smooth coat. Here is a picture of him. He is a rough factored smooth, meaning a smooth that carries the rough gene.

geneticly, smooth is dominte, rough is recessive. You breed two smooths together, IF both are rough factored (carry the rough gene) you can get rough pups. You breed two roughs together, you will always get all roughs.

Here is a picture of the sire.

Janna

http://i4.tinypic.com/168fmlg.jpg

Danegirl2208
06-30-2006, 01:03 AM
thanks :) ... i could go on and on about great dane coat colorgenetics and so on, but this is somthing ive never thought to ask :)

The sire is gorgeous

lute
06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
cute pups! the sire is beautiful as well. i've never seen a collie colored like the dam. she;s very unique.

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 01:11 AM
cute pups! the sire is beautiful as well. i've never seen a collie colored like the dam. she;s very unique.

Thanks... I'll keep pics updated as they grow..

Yes, the dam has odd markings. She has very little white, something I am not crazy about. Luckily the sire gave all the pups more white - nice full collars... and white front legs. LOL

Janna

K9karen
06-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Just beautiful, adorable, precious and handsome, of course!

Sevaede
06-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Aw! They are all adorable! I would have to agree on the dam. I have never seen one like her. She is beautiful.

BC_MoM
06-30-2006, 03:01 AM
OOOH! I'll take the 1 tri rough coat female! :D hehe
That momma has great colour. :)

lute
06-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Thanks... I'll keep pics updated as they grow..

Yes, the dam has odd markings. She has very little white, something I am not crazy about. Luckily the sire gave all the pups more white - nice full collars... and white front legs. LOL

Janna

can you show a collie with the dam's coloring?

BCollie_Kelly
06-30-2006, 07:26 AM
How cute! Both mom and dad are gorgeous but I especially like dad! Keep us updated! :)

critter crazy
06-30-2006, 07:35 AM
they are just adorable!!! My mom would freak right now!! she just loves collies!!!

elizabethann
06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW....puppies!!! What cuties! And what a proud mamma too.

lv4dogs
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
What adorable pups and parents too! Congrats on the babies!

JenBKR
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
what beautiful puppies! ooh so cute.....cuteness overload! Ok, I'm gushing ;)

K9soul
06-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Wow I have never seen so little white on a tri-color before. I think she's gorgeous, but I know when we were in the collie show world it was preferred that tris have a nice white collar. My Willie boy was a very nicely marked tri. Godiva almost looks like a bicolor, very unique! Congratulations on the puppies, and Dad is beautiful as well. I love seeing your collies.. brings back a lot of memories.

Here is a pic my Will:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Willie%20and%20Cody/williefirstpointclose.jpg

He had Vi-Lee and Milen lines.

cyber-sibes
06-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Aww, how wondeful! Mom is gorgeous, and looks like she has everything under control! Congratulations!

dappledoxie
06-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh my gosh I'm in heaven! You must post pictures of the puppies as often as you can, I adore smooth collies, I can't get enough of them, they look so gorgeous, so does mom and dad! Congrats!

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 09:51 AM
can you show a collie with the dam's coloring?

Oh, yes.. you can show a Collie with her markings. She is a tri-color, she just doesn't have much white. She has 4 white feet, and alittle on the chest and tip of the tail.... there is no disqualifications for Collies, though you would have to have a REALLY great dog to have one with little white do well in the ring. Her mother has very little white, her sire has very little white (her sire is a champion), her grandmother and great grandsire on her mothers side all have very little white. But I knew, Zack would give the pups more white, because I really prefer full white collars... and nice, flashy white markings.

Here are pics of some of Godiva's family:

http://i4.tinypic.com/168zl0w.jpg
This is Godiva's mother - Trista

http://i3.tinypic.com/168zqix.jpg
This is Godiva's father - Bart - CH Apple Valley Coat of Arms

http://i4.tinypic.com/168znv8.jpg
This is Trista's mother (Godiva's grandmother) - Hershey - CH Tomelle's Dark Chocolate

I don't have a picture, but Hershey's sire - CH Twin Acres Blockbuster was a sable marked the same way.

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Wow I have never seen so little white on a tri-color before. I think she's gorgeous, but I know when we were in the collie show world it was preferred that tris have a nice white collar. My Willie boy was a very nicely marked tri. Godiva almost looks like a bicolor, very unique! Congratulations on the puppies, and Dad is beautiful as well. I love seeing your collies.. brings back a lot of memories.

Yes.. she has about as little white as I have ever seen on a collie before. I actually do not own her, she was bred/owned by a friend of mine, I leased her for this litter, to breed her to Zack. But I co-owned her sire. I know its prefered they have white collars in the show ring, but they can certianly show and finish without the full white collars, see the post before this one with pics of Godiva's family. I perfer the white markings though....

Here is a picture of Kelsey (sired by Zack as well but out of my rough blue girl) she has the big full white collar and flashy white markings I love... and is NOT white factored, even though a lot of people think she is.

http://i4.tinypic.com/168zyiw.jpg
Kelsey - Spiritwind Ain't No Angel

Kelsey will hopefully be bred later this year...

Janna

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Oh my gosh I'm in heaven! You must post pictures of the puppies as often as you can, I adore smooth collies, I can't get enough of them, they look so gorgeous, so does mom and dad! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm sure I will be posting pics of them all the time LOL Once they are a bit older I will get pics of each puppy as they grow... and post here for everyone to see.

Janna

RobiLee
06-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Yay!! They are here! Janna, you know I've been waiting for their arrival. I'm so excited that you would think they were mine..lol. Godiva is beautiful and you know how much I love Zack. Thanks for sharing some of Godiva's family pics. Her grandmother is stunning! Are you keeping any pups for yourself? How many have been reserved? Please keep us updated with pics as they grow.

I'm also looking forward to Kelsey's breeding. I saw the picture of Josh on your website and all I can say is WOW :eek: . I definitely think that is going to be a gorgeous litter.

I'll take a stunning smoothie from Godiva and Zack's litter and one gorgeous rough from Kelsey and Josh's litter ;). *Sigh* I wish! :)

Keep us updated!

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Yay!! They are here! Janna, you know I've been waiting for their arrival. I'm so excited that you would think they were mine..lol. Godiva is beautiful and you know how much I love Zack. Thanks for sharing some of Godiva's family pics. Her grandmother is stunning! Are you keeping any pups for yourself? How many have been reserved? Please keep us updated with pics as they grow.

Hey Robin,

I am planning to keep one of the pups. I am not sure which one, but right now I really like both of the tri-color girls that I think are smooth... so probably one of them. I have a few reserved, though I wasn't planning on such a large litter. I have NEVER had a collie litter this big. Mine have always averaged 5-6 pups... 5 of the 8 should be spoken for... so not bad.

I am starting to think that the 3 tri-color boys are rough coats.... so if that is the case the break down would be:

3 Tri rough Males
1 Sable Smooth Male
2 Tri Smooth Females
1 Tri Rough Female
1 Sable Rough Female

I will keep everyone updated with puppy pics as they grow, and also post pics once Kelsey is bred and has her litter. I am really looking forward to that litter!!!