PDA

View Full Version : Anyone answer ASAP

slleipnir
06-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey, it's the dogs food time, and It's Josie's birthday! So, I wanted something a ltitle extra yummy for her. I'm making some rice (they can eat that?) I've heard people say they like raw eggs? I put it straight in her bowl? It doesn't make them sick or anything? any other ideas? We don't have much/any meat right now. Maybe hotdogs...

caseysmom
06-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Cottage cheese? carrots, apples or bananas?

Husky_mom
06-27-2006, 04:06 PM
i just have to say MINE LOVE THAT!!! rice and eggs yummy!!

i would say they dont get sick but it really depends on the individual, you can try adn watch if she gets any allergic reaction if she doesnt then shes fine and sheŽll love it !!!!

you can also try a tuna can they get very nice oils and proteins from that too

My Peanuts
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Raw eggs are totally fine. Just make sure to mix it up so she gets the whole egg(I don't me the shell!). :) Mine love it and I do it when ever their coats look dull. Rice is also good.

Morty's Birthday is Thursday. Everyone is getting a hamburger happy meal. Even Jimmy!

slleipnir
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Raw Eggs -- Eggs are very good for dogs. In fact, they are the most concentrated, valuable form of protein that a dog can get , as long as they are cooked. Apparently, raw egg whites bind to the biotin that a dog ingests and prevents it from being absorbed. Cooked eggs do not do this.
Is this true?

My Peanuts
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
As long as they eat all the egg, raw eggs are fine. I remember someone on here said if they just eat the whites it's bad, but both parts together are ok.

vinjashira
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
This is what I found from http://www.wysong.net/health/hl_982.shtml

This may be true if egg whites are fed in great excess, or as the sole food. The avidin in raw egg white could cause a biotin vitamin deficiency. However, no wild animal would ever have an all-egg or almost-all-egg diet, nor would they eat only the white, so this is not a valid concern. Biotin perhaps lost by feeding raw egg white is in fact replaced with the biotin in the yolk of the whole egg. Raw eggs are an excellent part of your pet's menu. With regards to Salmonella, animals with properly balanced digestive tracts generally do not succumb to this food-borne illness

slleipnir
06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Thank you!