PDA

View Full Version : Les Miserables

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I finally get to see it! Not next Tuesday, but, the following one...I'm so excited, I had to share! I've read this book and have the cds and have seen productions of it on video, but, have never seen it live. I was given the chance to see it in Paris, in French, when I was in high school, but, couldn't afford the prices then. I think I will appreciate it now ten times more, anyway! Has anyone else seen it performed live? I have no idea who's in this production of it, but, I don't care! :) Ok, that's all...just wanted to shout it out, it's been something I've wanted to see for a long time! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I bought tickets in London for my hubby a couple of Christmases ago. He had always wanted to see it and I went under protest to keep him company......I have to say it was absolutely fantastic!!! So powerful and moving and enthralling and..............yes, I loved it! Enjoy!!

Master of the House is my favourite ;)

sirrahbed
06-14-2006, 08:37 AM
YES!!!! We saw it had front row seats :D

Love the musiacl and yes have read the book (highschool) and seen what I think are all the movie versions.

You will have a great time!! And, you will be singing the songs for weeks the follow :D

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 08:55 AM
And, you will be singing the songs for weeks the follow :D

I already do anyway. ;)

Cataholic
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Love it! Saw it on Broadway.

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
You guys are making me even more excited about this, if that's possible! I think we are going to take the opportunity to dress nicely, too. ;) David even said he'd wear his tux if I wanted to go that formal! :D

Samantha Puppy
06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I've seen it live twice - once in Baltimore, once on Broadway. It was excellent. It's one of things that either you love or you hate. If you like the story and the CDs, you'll love it live.

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I've seen it live twice - once in Baltimore, once on Broadway. It was excellent. It's one of things that either you love or you hate. If you like the story and the CDs, you'll love it live.

I definitely do! I'm sure I will love it even more live! :)

Miss Z
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Wow! I was in it a few years ago, my school did a production. I was just one of the backing singers as I don't have a very loud singing voice, lol;) It's a really interesting musical, the more you watch it, the more you understand the plot. I know practically all the words as my brother has it on DVD and I can remember them from when I was in it. I love Eponine's song!:D

finn's mom
06-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I love Eponine's song!:D

My favorites change every time I listen to the cds I have or watch the video I have. ;) Everything from Castle on a Cloud to Master of the House. Which Eponine song do you like better? She has the two of her own that I remember...

Uabassoon
06-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I saw it about a month ago. It was good but it isn't one of my favorite shows, it was a little too depressing for me. It's Alexa's favorite show, I think she's seen it 4 times on stage.