PDA

View Full Version : I have 5 new girls!!

king2005
06-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I have 5 Rattie gals :D

I have:

-black hooded-no name yet

-black hooded with a white blaze -no name yet
She had a boo boo lastnight to her tail.. she got out & when I caught her, she freaked on me & I accidenly broke her tail *cries* shes the onlyone not part of the litter & I think thats bothering her a little & why shes the onlyone so scared. so I ad to do a little first aid to her at 3am lastnight.. I put her in a box in the cage & her darn girlfriends chewed through it & now they have access to her, god I hope shes ok tonight. I'll be picking up a little hamster cage to keep her in for a while.

-med-dark brown hooded-Shes Shawn's rat (not really, I own her) he named her Vodka (very calm, which Shawn likes as hes scared of them lol)

-tan hooded-no name yet

-white - Vixy (named her after my friend like I promissed)
However Vixy isn't albino, shes really a tan hooded, but its SOOOOOOOOO light she looks all white.. I noticed it lastnight, when I was giving her a treat & the light hit her the right way.. shes really pretty

Cool names for the gals would be awesome..
For my black hooded blaze rat, I'd like her name to do with her blaze & broken tail (she lost an inch of tail *feels horrible* didn't know Rats did that, not a single of my old rats ever did that.. now I'll keep my work glove near by to grab her whole body).

Zippy
06-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Congrats the all sound like beautiful ratties :)

IRescue452
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you've got your hands full. The stray gerbil I had to take to the humane society a few years ago was renamed Lola, which I kinda like. I got to play with my friends ratties last night, I'm kinda getting over being afraid. She said rats regulate their body temperature with their tails. Do you know if this is true? If so I don't think they'd break their tails in the same fashion as gerbils and lizards.

molucass
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
The names of female ratties I have had in the past were named:

Sara
Abbie
Paris
Arwyn
Arlyss
Gwen
Emma
Mika
Aiyla
Ayah
Andie
Kaysen
Torch
Rudy
Darcy
Toryn
Akai
Athena
Harlie
Lyric

I think thats it, but probably not... Lol... Please note, I didn't have all of them at one time.