PDA

View Full Version : Close call for puppy..

gemini9961
05-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Here is the story. (http://baynews9.com/content/36/2006/5/30/161475.html)

Living in FL this is a real scary thing. Luckily I don't live near any water that my dogs would want to go near but if I did I would not let them near the water. They warn us here to not walk your pets or even yourself near the water during feeding hours or during mating season. I'm happy though this guy was able to get his pup out of the gator's mouth. Poor pup was probably terrified as was the guy.

critter crazy
05-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh my!!! Poor puppy!! I dont live in Florida, but my SIL does and she has told me some crazy stories. They do not walk their dogs near any water. They do however have the occasional wanderer in their yard, so they have to be very careful!! just 2 weeks ago my SIL's shepard mix, Princess was bitten by a rattlesnake!! she is okay now thanks to Anti-Venom. But they have had gators just outside their backyard fence before tho. Just a risk you take by living in an area like that.:(

shihtzulover850
05-31-2006, 08:16 AM
yup that was on the local news last night!!!! I couldn't believe it! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vela
05-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Good heavens! Glad he was able to pull her out! I bet that was scary for the both of them.

zoomer
05-31-2006, 10:08 AM
OMG that is scary... I can't imagine that happening to one of my dogs :eek: . I'm glad they are okay though...