PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts for me please...

cocker_luva
05-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I have Thrush. Which is an oral fungus infection.

it all started with a sore throat, then sunday nite, it came in full throttle. i couldnt eat, drink, swallow. then by 2 or 3 in the morning on monday i couldnt breathe. quite scary...upset and crying cuz im hungry and thirsty. plus i cant sleep because i have to spit every couple of seconds. so i cry, then my nose gets clogged and i cant breathe, i freak out and cry more. frustrating cuz i need to calm down to clear my nose and breathe. around and around. :rolleyes:

earlier that day i did the salt and water thing, ice chips, cough syrup, etc.

so my dad takes me to the E.R. at 3am. they give me some vicadin for the pain and some other liquid medicine to attack the fungus. (everyone has this fungus and bacteria, just sometimes it can overtake, which is what happened to me)

so now im bedridden, i can eat some yogurt once or twice a day (with pain). i gotta take some medicine when i wake up, two others every 6 hours and then some before bed. i still cant drink much, and swallowing is like hell, so i still gotta spit.

please send me some good thoughts to help me with this stupid infection. my throat is sooo sore. please please please, id be eternally grateful! :( :( :(

gemini9961
05-30-2006, 09:55 AM
You poor thing. You are right, thrush is not a big deal, take your medicine and you'll be fine. Get better. :)

shihtzulover850
05-30-2006, 09:55 AM
UGHHH That must hurt terribly!!! {{{{PRAYERS}}}} {{{HUGS}}} ;) :(

anna_66
05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Sounds pretty painful. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Good healing thoughts coming your way:)

Donnaj4962
05-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh my... I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible. (((Hugs))) and good thoughts for a speedy recovery are on your way from Indiana!

Feel better soon!

king2005
05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
That doesn't sound fun at all... Keep rested & your body will fight it beter

cocker_luva
05-31-2006, 09:02 AM
so i went back to the hospital and they said it was alittle funny that i have no other symptoms, like cough, runny nose, fever. plus its alittle uncommon for an adult to have thrush. so they did a throat culture and some blood work and are gonna get back to me.

they also thought it was strange that the vicodin wasn't even helping to much.

But i have been able to drink alittle water!!! :D :D :D
im soo happy, yet still soo thirsty.

shihtzulover850
05-31-2006, 09:13 AM
glad you are a little better

cocker_luva
05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
thanks i still cant wait til the test results come back.

i doubt ill make it to my high school graduation :(

My Peanuts
05-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry you are so sick. Doesn't sound fun at all. Prayers on the way.

Rachel
05-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Oh, Kari, I am so sorry. Sore throats are the worst. Did they test you for strep throat? Did you go to the Delnor ER or Mercy? It is upsetting that they misdiagnosed you too.

When I have a sore throat I like to drink lots of seltzer water with crushed ice, and of course ice cream feels good going down.

I do hope you will feel better real soon.

Flatcoatluver
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
ouch!!! Sounds so painful!! I am sorry!! (((HUGS)))

Ginger's Mom
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Ah Kari, that sounds awful. Sending out some healing vibes, I hope you feel better soon.

cocker_luva
06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Did they test you for strep throat?

yes, they took a throat culture to test everything in there, and some blood just in case it was something deeper.

Did you go to the Delnor ER or Mercy?

Delnor is closer to us. plus my mom works at GFP which is behind it.

but it does suck, i couldnt have ice chips, ice cream; everything i had to swallow and that hurt sooooo baddddd!

and how am i supposed to get better when i cant eat or drink anything to give myself energy?! i was basically wasting away. :(

but now i can sip alittle water and some "mushy" food, like smoothies, mcdonalds cheeseburgers (one good reason they're not the best quality! :D )

im slowly slowly getting better, but i still doubt goin to the BHS graduation tomorro.

petslover
06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
aw. well I hate you are going to miss your high school graduation.. but I am really glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Rachel
06-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Kari, I hope you are feeling better and better each day. Whatever it is, if your immune system is getting the upper hand, that is what counts. That really is too bad about missing your graduation ceremony, but you are still graduating and you can still celebrate that whenever you feel able. Sounds like you are still pretty sick and you might be quite vulnerable to picking up other germs, etc. with all the crowd of people at graduations.

cocker_luva
06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
The test results are in!!!

It was strep throat!!!! and if only the E.R. people would have tested me Monday morning, they would have realized that and put me on an aniboitic (sp?) but they didnt so it slowly got worse and worse! but yesterday the test results from the second trip came in that it was strep, so im on amoxicilon and am feeling 85% better!!!! :D:D:D

and since ive recovered alittle bit, then the aniboitic is here, and i feel tons better...I AM GOING TO MAKE MY HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION!

the doctors cleared me and everything just to be on the safe side. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you PT buddies for all your healing wishes! it worked!!

Donnaj4962
06-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh I am so glad that you are finally feeling better! And that it was strep rather than thrush! (I had never heard of thrush in an adult, only children!)

Glad you are also making your graduation! That is a special day and time!

Congratulations! :D

Cataholic
06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
LOL, well, not really. BUT when you said you had thrush, AND it was painful, I knew it wasn't thrush. Thrush isn't painful. That is what sometimes makes it 'mysterious' (until the white stuff appears in the mouth..diaper area, urinary tract...).

Adults DO get thrush...it is called YEAST INFECTION!

How do I know this? Jonah and I could write a book on our yeasty-ness :)

Logan
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
How wonderful that you are going to make your graduation!!!!! :) I'm so glad you are feeling better. I'm just sorry you had to endure so much. These days, a strep test ismuch easier. Wonder why they didn't do that to start with? You'd have felt better in 24 hours.

Logan

cocker_luva
06-02-2006, 02:38 PM
These days, a strep test ismuch easier. Wonder why they didn't do that to start with? You'd have felt better in 24 hours.

right?! com'mon E.R. its not like there was a line in the waiting room! it was 3 in the morning a throat swap takes 1 second! geez :rolleyes:

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
glad you are better!!! :D

Rachel
06-02-2006, 04:20 PM
The test results are in!!!

It was strep throat!!!! and if only the E.R. people would have tested me Monday morning, ;)

This really infuriates me. Strep was the first thing that came to my mind, and I've no medical training....just a couple cases of strep myself! Seems like you should not be charged for that first e.r. visit because you certainly didn't get competant care. GRRRR

Now I'll get off my high horse and celebrate the fact that you get to go to GRADUATION! yay! Take it easy though, you are still going to be a little weak in the knees.