PDA

View Full Version : Just a face?

Sevaede
05-30-2006, 01:28 AM
The other day, I saw somebody with a pickup in a parking lot and they had the tailgate down. A sign hung down, on pink fluorescent poster board and stenciled letters, that said AKC REGISTERED POMERANIAN PUPPIES FOR SALE. Now, it seems today that anybody with an accidental litter (or almost any that weren't intentional by reputable standards) will put "AKC REGISTERED" in front of anything. I am guessing it's to just get more money. =/ It just irritates me. I have no problem with people registering their dogs but I hate it when people are so obviously scamming others out of anything they can.

lute
05-30-2006, 08:59 AM
because they can. people don't care. as long as can get a cute puppy. doesn't matter how much it costs, if the puppy is registered, then they can go put an ad in their local paper to look for a stud. breed this dog and start it all over again. :mad: :(

this is where we step in. we have to educate as many people as possible about how to leave these trunk bed pups and buy from a reputable breeder. then get their pet spayed/neutered.

shihtzulover850
05-30-2006, 11:54 AM
I totally agree!!! That is so dumb. Every puppy in the paper has that. What is so great about the AKC anyway???? :confused:

MsLadyLyn
05-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I totally agree!!! That is so dumb. Every puppy in the paper has that. What is so great about the AKC anyway???? :confused:
What a great question! If you find out the answer, please, share it with us.

Sevaede
05-30-2006, 10:40 PM
because they can. people don't care. as long as can get a cute puppy. doesn't matter how much it costs, if the puppy is registered, then they can go put an ad in their local paper to look for a stud. breed this dog and start it all over again. :mad: :(

this is where we step in. we have to educate as many people as possible about how to leave these trunk bed pups and buy from a reputable breeder. then get their pet spayed/neutered.

I know. This is a vicious cycle.

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Sevaede
05-30-2006, 10:41 PM

Not only that but I doubt that *all* of the people who claim their pups and/or dogs are AKC registered actually are.

zoomer
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM

I totally agree with Lexie. :mad: