PDA

View Full Version : Homeade Hamster Accessories?

zoomer
04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know how to make homemade hamster accesories? Peppur seems to be soooo boerd at night....

CathyBogart
04-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I give my hamster little cardboard boxes, TP tubes, tissues, reciepts, and other miscellsanous stuff I fing around the house. I also give her fruit tree branches and she seems to like stripping the bark off of them...

king2005
04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I use to stick TP rolls together & my hammy use to run through them 7 chew them up heheh..

zoomer
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I might try those. I put a bowl of sand in his tank, a magazine I got on hamsters said they enjoy rolling it it... :confused: Is this true? Will he have any trouble digesting the sand?

Miss Z
04-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Thanks, I might try those. I put a bowl of sand in his tank, a magazine I got on hamsters said they enjoy rolling it it... :confused: Is this true? Will he have any trouble digesting the sand?

It depends what kind of hamster you have. Syrians wouldn't bother with it, I never used it for Foxy. I used to have roborovski hamsters, which were tiny little desert critters, and they loved the sand bath. I don't know about russian hamies but they probably would use it too.

I don't think your hammy would try and eat the sand. You should always use chinchilla sand as it's not too rough but can still give their coat a good clean :)

*future vet*
05-08-2006, 05:06 PM
My friend and I got a couple of pop boxes and cut windows and a staircase and a couple of floors and he played in it and it was fun to watch him. :p

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I dont have room for anything else in my hamster's cage!
They have a little house, and 2 wheels, and it's a 3 story home ^___^ They love it.