PDA

View Full Version : Snoopy 's heart-echo! UPDATED again: NO HOLE !!!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Next Monday I am bringing Snoopy to the University Vet Clinic in Ghent for her heart-echo....! This test is necessary to see if she doesn't have a birth-defect to her heart. Her rifht front paw is underdevelopped, and her brestbone is not closed; so their is a risk that her heart is not perfect too :eek: . Once we are sure, she will get fixed. The vet doesn't want to operate before she has good results!

Please pray that my baby is healthy! She is in heat again, and I hate to se her like this....

ps. Oh, I forgot to mention that there is good news too: she is NOT deaf at all!! YEAH!!!!

Uabassoon
04-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results!

Queen of Poop
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Prayers that sweet Snoopy is just fine.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Ohh Snoopy Woopy I hope that everything is ok with your heart so you can get fixed and stop going into heat! It must be just terrible for you and your meowmie! Glad to hear that you can hear though! Thats great news! I will be praying for you little one :)

kb2yjx
04-19-2006, 02:43 PM
HOORAY!!!! How wonderful to know that Snoopy is NOT deaf!!!But will sned pryaers that all will be well with her heart so she can be spayed!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results!

and tails too (not you, but the cats :D ). I willbe so nervous.... .
She has to go on an empty stomach, just in case they have to seduce her. In fact, I am almost sure they will HAVE TOO seduce her, as she is so active and will never allow to be held so tight.... :(

RedHedd
04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Paws, claws, and tails crossed here too. So glad to hear she's not deaf, although I know you wouldn't love her any less if she was. She's SUCH a cutie patootie!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
OOPS, Lizzie just let me know that I made a hilarious language-mistake in my last post, LOL!! I wrote "seduce" instead of "SEDATE" :) ; just imagine a bunch of vets and pre-vets (it is an university) "seducing" a 6 month old cat
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif

RedHedd
04-19-2006, 04:11 PM
OOPS, Lizzie just let me know that I made a hilarious language-mistake in my last post, LOL!! I wrote "seduce" instead of "SEDATE" :) ; just imagine a bunch of vets and pre-vets (it is an university) "seducing" a 6 month old cat
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif
:D :D Just what you need - NOT! :rolleyes:

lizbud
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM

I think we all knew what you meant. :D :D

AbbyMom
04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Everything crossed for Snoopy's vet visit.

But I have to say that I got quite a chuckle from your post. I'm glad you left it as is without editing it. Everybody can always use a smile. :D

jenluckenbach
04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I wrote "seduce" instead of "SEDATE" :) http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20976%20greenLOFL.gif
ROTFLOL

But seriously, I hope all goes well with sweet Snoopy. Prayers will be in full force on Monday.

kimboe
04-20-2006, 12:09 AM
hehehehehe.... :D :D
I hope everything goes good for you and Snoopy ;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I hope that everything will go well for Snoopy. I'm also glad to hear that she's not deaf.:) Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Sonia59
04-20-2006, 03:12 AM
All paws and fingers crossed here for our sweet niece Snoopy!

Peppito is sending a gentle 'hiss', which from him means "don't worry, everything will be all right" :rolleyes: and Jasmine is sending a charming 'Mrrrrooowww???' and head bumpies to her Belgian friend! :) :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Everything will be crossed for darling little Snoopy :D So happy that she can hear!!

furrykidsmother
04-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Good luck Snoopy! Hope everything goes well! Lots of good thoughts to you and Meowmie!

Catty1
04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Catching up on all the news...have been flat on my back with stomach flu since Monday night...yuk

How did you find out that Snoopy is not deaf?

Fingers crossed on her heart scan!

Catty1

Cataholic
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Everything is crossed, here! And, that is a LOT of crossings....too!

Snoopy SEDUCES us! Good luck, Snoopy and Lut!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-20-2006, 09:51 AM
How did you find out that Snoopy is not deaf?

Catty1

Little by little we saw that she reacted to her name and some noises. Then she came with us on our vacation at the coast. As we had only 2 cats with us, she got much more attention, and mostly heard her name instead of Inka's or Maya's. Now, she reacts to almost everything!! Maybe her hearing wasn't develloped completely yet? I don't know, she has changed to the better so much!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Tomorrow is the big day..... !! Knocking on wood here....

Killearn Kitties
04-23-2006, 04:30 AM
We'll be thinking of you tomorrow Snoopy sweetie!

kb2yjx
04-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Extra prayers for Snoopy for tomorrow!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Extra prayers for Snoopy for tomorrow!!!

Thanks!!! Please send some for me too, I will be oh so nervous!! :(

Grace
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Hugs and prayers and good thoughts - as much as you all need, for as long as necessary.

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif

kb2yjx
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Lut!!! Here's a BIG ((((((((((HUG))))))))) AND prayers for you too!!! Love, Ralph Syracuse, Norton, Molly Meu, Raven, Tina Peepers, Nicholas, Riley, Hayley, and Sandra

Karen
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Good for Snoopy, that she has let you know she's not deaf, just maybe had that "selective hearing" at first? Deaf kitties can tend to be a little loud, sometimes, the one I knew sure was. He just yelled, because he didn't know WE could hear him just fine!

We'll add Snoopy to our prayers tonight! Be good for the whitecoats, Snoopy!

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-23-2006, 06:18 PM
My prayers are with you Snoopy!
I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow!
No matter what though you have a loving meowmie and family and you are a great little girl!
I know all will be well with you!
Lots of Hugs sent from the kitties and I!

kb2yjx
04-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Lut, will be thinking about little Snoopy and you while I am cleaning at the Monastery!!! Lots of prayers coming your way!! Will be waiting to hear how everything went today!!! TAKE CARE!!!! Sandra

jenluckenbach
04-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Best of Luck to Snoopy! I'll be waiting (and praying) for the results.

smokey the elder
04-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Good luck, Snoopy!

I thought Ebony was deaf. Then I realized he was saying, "I'm not deaf; I'm ignoring you!"

Donnaj4962
04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Many prayers and warm wishes for Snoopy as she goes to the White Coats. She is such a sweetie, and I am sure that she will be a good little one for them while they conduct the tests.

Please let us know ASAP what the results are. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Snoopy's way. I sure hope that everything goes smoothy.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
UPDATE !

Snoopy was such a brave girl at the clinic! This clinic is a place where new vets are "made" . First, she got examined by 4 students, one of them is graduating in June. They immediately fell in love with Snoopy !! After this examination, they went away to speak with a vet-cardiologist. Then that person came to see Snoopy too. She did the heartecho then . The news is good and not good. Her heart is in a different position than a normal cat, so it was not easy to "see" what the vet wanted to see. Snoopy was very calm and didn't have to be sedated. I was so happy for that!
The vet couldn't see anything else abnormal to the heart; so far so good!
BUT, she was very concerned about something else: she was wondering if Snoopy's diaphragm (midriff) is completely closed. This should be visible n the X-rays pics; but my home-vet forgot to bring those to the clinic in time. She brought them in around noon, but by then the cardiologist was gone... :(
So, she will phone the clinic tomorrow morning and discuss the problem with the cardiologist. In case there is a tiny hole, even a tiny one, it is extremely dangerous to sedate Snoopy. The sedation would also go through that hole, and she would stop breathing immediately. She would die :eek: . So, we know have to decide what to do. If there is no hole, no problem. But if there is, she has to be operated at the clinic, because she will have to be artificially respired during the operation. This makes it a complicated and more risky operation.... :(

I know, this is NOT what we hoped.... . Poor Snoopy....!
I will update with the final results as soon as I know them!

ps. At the end, there were 12 whitecoats and 2 greencoats observing Snoopy. They said she is a vey unique kitten!

Here are a few pics of her at the vet

Before we left:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/proper1.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/proper2.jpg

While we waited for the cardiologist. She checked out the whole place!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/vet1.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/vet2.jpg

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/vet3.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/vet4.jpg

Grace
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
They immediately fell in love with Snoopy !!

I would have been very suspicious of them if they hadn't fallen for her! Such good news to hear her heart is fine. Keeping fingers crossed that the diaphragm is equally okay.

The pictures of her at the clinic are great - she's such a delightful kitten.

catmandu
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
We are Devoting a Special Prayer for You Dear Snoopy that All will go well with Her Tests,and that she will be well.

furrykidsmother
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Of course they fell in love with her! How could they not! I sure hope that the news will be good and that there isn't any problem with her diaphragm.

Donnaj4962
04-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh so glad to hear that Snoopy's heart is okay! :D

I hope all is okay with her diaphram. She is just too adorable to have such potential problems! And I KNOW those white and green coats are still talking about cute little Snoopy! ;)

The pictures of her were great! Probably made her feel more comfortable with Meowmie having the camera.... taking pictures is a normal activity! ;)

orangemm
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Dear sweet Snoopy, what a brave little girl you are! We knew the whitecoats would fall in love with you, who could resist?

Will be praying that they find an answer for our darling kitten. PLEASE keep us posted as to what is said.

luvofallhorses
04-24-2006, 04:16 PM
aww, poor baby! :( ((Snoopy & Lut)) I will pray that everything will be OK!

rg_girlca
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh Lut, THANK GOD that precious Snoopy didn't have to be sedated for the heart echo. :eek: OMG I have LES just thinking about it. :(

Dear sweet adorable Snoopy, how I am going to pray that there is not even the slightest little hole in your diaphram.

Those pictures of her while waiting to be seen by the vet, or I should say vets, are just to darn adorable. :)

gini
04-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh Lut, bless her little heart (for sure)!!!

Well, she sure has seduced me :D :D

I went through some of the same things that you are going through with my heart kitty Magic (R/B). It makes your tender feelings for them so much more intense.

She is so adorable - I just pray that ultimately you will have good news about her soon and she can be spayed without any problems.

Could you scoop her up and give her a big nuzzle from me? She is at that wonderful cute stage - such a precious little one.

jenluckenbach
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I have never heard of such a thing with the diaphram. It is SO good that this is being checked before any surgery. I wish Snoopy and her whole family all the best. What a special little girl she is.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Ohh snoppy Im glad you were so good at the vets!
You are such a good girl and I can see why they loved you so much!
It's good news that your heart is ok and Im praying that your diaphragm will be ok too!
Your in my thoughts Snoopy and you to Lut!

kb2yjx
04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Lut!! As I was vaccuming in the chapel, I said MANY prayers for Snoopy and you!! Will continue to say prayers that all will be well!! How could they NOT fall in love with that sweet little cat!!! Sandra

critters
04-25-2006, 06:04 AM
What a good little girl!!

I assume you're talking about a diaphragmatic hernia? Hmm. Beauty was successfully spayed with a d. hernia, although, in the end, it killed her because everything but her liver ended up in her chest. D. hernias normally can be closed, but Beauty wouldn't have survived getting everything out of her chest and where it belonged.

Poor Snoopy! It's always something for that little girl!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Snoopy - we are all so proud of you. Brave little girl

Randi
04-25-2006, 10:38 AM
I so hope all is going well with Snoopy, she is such a cute and special girl - no wonder everyone fell in love with her. ;)

She is very lucky that you were the ones who found her, who knows what would have happened otherwise. :eek: I hope she will be able to be spayed soon and feel comfortable at home. :)

Sending lots of postive throughts to sweet Snoopy, and hoping to hear good news soon.

Sonia59
04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
She is very lucky that you were the ones who found her, who knows what would have happened otherwise

Absolutely! ;)

Snoopy is very brave, I hope everything will be all right with her diaphragm and that the nice surgeons can repair it, that little girl deserves a healthy and happy life :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I sure hope that she doesn't have a hole in her diaphragm and if she does I hope that it can be easily corrected. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I'm so glad that her heart is normal.

Kirsten
04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
What a sweet and brave little girl Snoopy is!! I love the pics of her exploring the vet's office.

Lut, any news meanwhile?

Critters, I'm sorry to hear about your Beauty! :(

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2006, 02:23 PM
UPDATE nr2!

There is NO hole in her diaphragm :) !!!
The only reason now why the vet is still in doubt is Snoopy's lungs. During her visit at the clinic, her breathing went very fast; they asked me if she always breaths like this, but honestly, I don't know!
My assignment now is watching her with a very close eye; Is she breathing faster than the breathing of the other cats? How is she breathing when she is sleeping??

So, from now one, I am not only talking my camera everywhere I go; I will also have to watch Snoopy very closely, in any situation, all day long. He he, that is hardly a punishment, right ;)

However, if we decide on spaying Snoopy, we won't take a risk and go to the clinic where they have everything necessary for a safe operation!

Thanks everybody for caring!

smokey the elder
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Looks like Snoopy has a fan club!

gini
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Lut, that is excellent news. Thanks so much for the update.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
This is excellent news!
Yay for Snoopy! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers still till all is ok!
Have fun watching Snoopy Lut, I know I would! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Have fun watching Snoopy Lut, I know I would! :D

NO problem, lol!! Now I have an excellent excuse to hang around the cats ;) :p ;)

Cataholic
04-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Well, I think the biggest thing is there isn't any hole, right? So, you will deal with the reading of the xrays, and the treatment when it comes. For now, all seems like positive news. Hugs to you, scritchies to Snoopy.

Donnaj4962
04-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh what wonderful news! I am so happy for all of you! And I will volunteer my "watching time" any time that you need some assistance.... except that I am a million miles away! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am happy for you and sweet little Snoopy!

jenluckenbach
04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
It is wonderful that there is no hole! I am sorry that there is still a concern for her lungs, but one thing at a time, right?

I wish I could come and watch Snoopy with you. ;)

kb2yjx
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
What great news!!! Now you are to become Super Lut!!! Keeping a close eye on that sweetie!!! A job no doubt you will do with great love!!

Queen of Poop
04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh you've just go to love good news!!

I'm in for the SNOOPY FAN CLUB.

slick
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Lut:
I have come to this thread many, many times and started to post but just couldn't come up with the right words. Please know that I've been praying for Snoopy all this time and I'm so glad that this latest update shares some good news.

I know keeping a close eye on Snoopy will be a tough job....but someone's got to do it. I would love to offer my assistance for free to help you with this task. Just let me know. ;)

{{{hugs}}} to you and squishies to all the furbabies.

AbbyMom
04-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Great News! :d

Lizzie
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I am very relieved that you received such good news from the tests. As for the breathing, my cat Ginger has breathed as though she is panting all her life. I was convinced for a long time that it would shorten her life but she turns 20 next month so perhaps the quick breathers live longer! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

If everything looks good, will you have Snoopy spayed or are you still thinking of putting her on medication. Are you almost afraid to believe that she can cope with surgery?

jazzcat
04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm so glad the news is positive. She is such a sweetie and I totally agree that she won the lottery the day your hubby found her and delivered her into your arms.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-26-2006, 02:55 AM
I Are you almost afraid to believe that she can cope with surgery?

Yes, we still are. It was very visible on the heart-echo that her heart is not situated in the normal position; so this might also be the fact for the lungs, which could cause shortage of breath ! As our Snoopy is very unique due to her birth-defects, we have to be VERY careful with every treatment she gets!!

OMG, I would NEVER be able to cope with it if she would die during sedation :eek: I would NEVER forgive myself!!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-26-2006, 03:51 AM
I am so happy for you and darling Snoopy. I do think you should post millions of photos just so all her PT fans can help with "Snoopywatch" ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-26-2006, 03:52 AM
I am so happy for you and darling Snoopy. I do think you should post millions of photos just so all her PT fans can help with "Snoopywatch" ;)

LOL!!! She was napping on my lap for at least one hour this morning, purring VERY loud!!

Corinna
04-26-2006, 09:46 AM
So glad to hear the latest news about Snoopy .

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm so glad to hear the great news update!!!:D Now hopefully her breathing will be normal too.

Don Juan's mom
04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
There must be some way to set up a webcam so that we can all watch (and enjoy) "The Snoopy Show!" :D

Blessings on you and your special baby.

Liz

sandragonfly
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
now I have seen this.

I read through hoping no minor setback, yay. I hope everything continues going good for this little hoofy princess.

one question, happy she's not deaf? I think being deaf even makes you more special! I have one deaf cat, she's not loud at all. at all. and you feel more inspirited having her watching you all the time, makes sure she follows you! (for cuddles, especially food and water of course).. :p

you little brave girl, prayers going for you! and thanks for the PM, snoopy. :)

Kirsten
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
What a relief that there's no hole!! :)

But still, I think sedation could be kind of risky for the little girl. Have you thought about giving her birth control pills instead of spaying her? I know that Uniqueviking gave them to her cats for several years. Maybe it would be the better option for Snoopy?

Kirsten

luvofallhorses
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
that's such great news! :D

Laura's Babies
04-29-2006, 09:50 AM
This is such GREAT news and I am SO thrilled! I was thinking as I read it what a wonderful day that was when your husband found her and brought her home and into our lives! Fate sent her to YOU! She was created to be exactly like she is and God hand selected YOU to be her Mom because he knew you would love her and take great care of her, she is so "special" that she needed a "special" Mom and he picked one of the best. He wanted her to be so LOVED that He brought her into OUR lives, through you. What a miracle she is!

She is just so extra special to all of us that the news couldn't be anything else but good! WAY TO GO SNOOPS!

kimboe
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM
What a relief to hear that there is no hole in Snoopy's little heart!
Such great news indeed.
Glad to hear everything is going good. :)

crabby2
04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm so glad that there's no hole in Snoopy's heart! She's such a pretty kitty- and I'm sure she's very sweet too. You're all in my prayers :D

lovethatpug
05-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I bet you are relieved! I'm so glad that everything is going well :D