PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Nick

Uabassoon
04-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I talked to my sister today about her cat Nick. She adopted him around 4 years ago from a local shelter, at the time they told her he was around 6 years old, after she took him to the vet for a check up they realized he was much older, closer to 13 years old! Of course my sister didn't mind, Nick was the perfect cat for her.

Nick is now around 17 years old and not doing very well. They have discovered he is diabetic and xrays showed a lump in his kidney. My sister has decided that due to his age she is not going to put him through treatment. He's on a prescription food because of his diabetes but other than that she has decided to let nature run its course.

She says he still acts normal is eating well and overall seems happy, however he has been losing weight. He's down to 6 lbs, but she didn't tell me what he weighed before so I don't really know how much he's lost.

Please keep him in your thoughts that his last moments with my sister are happy ones.

Karen
04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Give your sister a great big hug for me next time you see her, and thank her for being strong and giving Nick dignity and love in his senior years. He has planted his pawprints firmly on her heart, and they will never fade away.

rg_girlca
04-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Nick and your sister will be in my prayers and in my thoughts.

shais_mom
04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
prayers sent for your sister and Nick.

Felix
04-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Thoughts and Prayers on the way for your sister and Nick

catmandu
04-05-2006, 09:54 AM
The Found Cats are putting Nick into thier Prayers,and we Pray that Nick will be well,and that the White Coats will be able to help that Poor Older Cat.
Please Nick,be well!!!

Uabassoon
06-12-2006, 12:41 PM
I just wanted to update, Nick passed away this morning. This is the text message I recieved from my sister.

"Nicholas passed away this morning. He was put down. This morning he could not walk or eat. His body gave into the diabetes."

RIP Nicholas.

shais_mom
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
please accept my sympathy to you and your sister Laura - {{hugs}}

Flatcoatluver
06-12-2006, 12:46 PM
:( oh my, that is so sad. Your sister seems like a very stong lady, Rip Sweet Nick :(

Uabassoon
06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
I just got off the phone with my sister, she is pretty sad about Nick. However she isn't sure if this is good timing or bad timing.

When we went home to visit our family two weeks ago she had told me she was interested in getting a pug, she said it might be good for Nick to have a friend in the house. So I took her online and found her a pug rescue in her area. Last week she got a phone call because they had found a pug they thought would be suited for her. She's spent the last week working towards adopting Lewie, she drove 1.5 hrs to meet him, then had to do a home check and a few other things. Well today is the day that she gets to bring Lewie home. She said that she feels bad because she still isn't done grieving Nick, but at the same time she feels comforted knowing that she won't be alone tonight.

I think this is a good thing for my sister and it was fate that the same day she loses Nick there is someone there to comfort her.

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Tell your sister I'm so very sorry and give her hugs from me. :( Tell her Soni, Isis, and Tiger Lily are mewing for her boy.

orangemm
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Nick; poor guy, at least he had someone who loved and cared for him up to the end.

Hugs to your sister and hope all goes well with the new addition.

catmandu
06-12-2006, 06:26 PM
We are sorry to hear about the passing of Nick, please send our condolences to your Sister.
The Pet Angels had a Party at The Mandarin for Nick last night, and now he lives in that Strip Mall with Nugget, Karina and The Porch Cats.
And he Thanks your Sister for his great life, and will see her again.
One Fine Day.

mrspunkysmom
06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
So sorry to hear about Nick. He's across the bridge with my Maggie and Rose.

Anne

catland
06-12-2006, 07:26 PM
my condolences to your sister. I'm sure that her new friend will be a big help to her.

AbbyMom
06-12-2006, 07:52 PM
RIP little Nick. Hugs for your sister and congratulations on her pug adoption.

zippy-kat
06-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Good thoughts going out to your Sis and Lewie. Poor Nick, may he rest in peace. {hugs}