PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat grab you?

Heather Wallace
04-26-2002, 01:21 PM
Sometime when I get up off the sofa and walk by Tatty Bogles sometimes he grabs me. He kind of hits me with his paw, lol! It makes me laugh. I hope I am explaining it right.

Also, you could be just walking minding your own business when all of a sudden he would pounce on my leg, it's kind of scarey, he chases you.

Does anyone else have a psycho cat?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Leroy, is the champion grabber here. He even grabs me after I've been petting him. I can only wear old clothes around him because he puts holes in them with his claws. I accidently almost pulled him off a stool the other day. He snagged me as I was going by and I didn't know it. He got his claw hooked and I kept going. Luckily, I felt the tug and turned around in time to catch him. Those old bones can't take falls very well.:)

wolflady
04-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Does anyone else have a psycho cat? ...

Is there any other kind?? LOL LOL LOL :D

My Marius has the tendancy to wrap his front paws around my leg. It's quite strange, and a little painful at times! :eek: He also likes to try and 'grab' me if I'm going up or down the stairs! Honestly, I'm surprised that I haven't fallen and broken my neck from his little 'grabby' endeavors! :rolleyes:

Ila
04-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Oh yes Misty does the grabbing all the time. I have been on crutches for a couple of months now and she is not afraid of them I really have to watch her she has attacked the crutches lucky me I have not fallen. I think she thinks that there a part of me now and she grabs them.
www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416

04-26-2002, 02:42 PM
:D oh yes !! grabbing is Sydney's speciality !!!!
He does it all the time !!!! Silly kittie he is ...:rolleyes: ;)

LoudLou
04-26-2002, 10:35 PM
Garonzo Bean grabs..... He has thumbs.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-26-2002, 11:17 PM
:eek: I THOUGHT TINKY WAS THE ONLY ONE :eek:
If I am ever standing somewhere Tinky just scales up my leg with that crazy look in her eyes that cats get (you know the one, where there eyes are dialated and they look all crazy!!) I don't know why..... I guess she thinks that she is putting me in my place for standing wherever I am...... she just climbs up my leg like a big ol crazy then walks away like nothing happened :rolleyes: .

AmberLee
04-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Last night Livvy decided it was time for a cuddle session, and apparently I found a good spot to rub somewhere between her cheek and her ear. She clung to my arm so that my hand was in just the right spot. So cute!!! I immediately thought of this thread!

Former User
04-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Casper grabs sometimes, mostly when he lets us know he had enough of that belly rubbie session...:rolleyes:

lailamara
04-27-2002, 01:44 PM
Heather, cute picture of your kitty. That little moustache makes me think of a plumper version of Charlie Chaplin. My two also grab my legs , wrap their paws around them and try to climb up. Not my husband in his jeans just me in my bare legs .Meowch:rolleyes:

toastco
04-27-2002, 11:20 PM
I laughed when I read about all the kitties grabing with their paws around moms and dads. I just had to tell you about my Abe. I don't have any pictures of him yet. I'm new to this and a friend knowing how I love cats dogs and all animals give me this web site. Now, back to the subject of kitties. My Abe every since he was a kitten will not only grab me with his paws but he jumps up to my shoulder. It was fine when he was a kitten but can you just see me walking by and a 16 pound cat leaps from behind a chair and up to my shoulder. Doesn't matter what I have on. He's not choosy. He's black and white and is now 11 years old and he has done this all of his life from Abe's mom

Heather Wallace
04-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk toastco and lailamara I hope you like it here.

Thanks everyone for your replies, it was good to hear all of your grab me stories.

tonker
04-28-2002, 09:37 PM
oh yes all three of my abysinnians do that.they are like having three mischevious kids, I have tut who is a sorell almost four then we have tonk aka honky tonk man then 16 months od. then we have our chocolate abby charlie brown what can i say the name really fits lol.

kathleen

ganime
04-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Sometimes when i take off my socks, Karamel sees me and not being able to resist the templation of the flesh he attacks my lower legs. And sometimes when he gets irritable (If you hold him when he wants to go for instance) he attacks my arm/shoulder (just like a K-9 dog, he pulls himself back, gathers pace and attacks) LOL

Mocha
05-02-2002, 03:38 AM
LOL!!! LOL!!!! All the grabbing stories are so hilarious!! Especially when I can SO relate!! Pippo is a complete psycho loon sometimes..he hides under the bed.. under the curtains... behind the chairs...and waits.. and then OWWWW!!!! He just sinks his claws into your feet and chews madly at your toes, or if you're wearing jeans he thinks that's his OK sign to climb UP your leg like a tree....or he waits till the dog (Mocha) comes around, pounces on him, forces him to the ground and starts licking away madly!! Hahahahahaha.... don't you just lurve kitty cats???? :D :D :D

sirocco
05-02-2002, 06:07 AM
Neelix grabs you all the time!!! When playing mostly - he bites (not hard) and grasps you... But he also grasps my arm with his paws and bites me very very smoothly when I'm caressing him :) and I LOVE it - I find it soooo tender (it's not cute though) it's just his way to show you he cares - very physically and also so affectionate in his own way.... It makes my heart melt!!! When he finally releases my hand he licks it!! He's 2 years old but when he acts that way he seems a little kitten to me - well, I just love him dearly!:D :D

Nita

I_love_cats
06-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Hello

Yes, my Joey would do the same thing, it was a kitten thing. Now he doen't do that anymore. As I would be walking and he would be under the bed, he would grab at my leg. I thought it was funny, I guess he wanted to play with my legs because he was only a kitten and he had no other playmates to play with.

pupper-lover
06-07-2002, 04:23 PM
My parents cat used to climb my legs. It was scary. The furry fury could claw her way up your leg in a matter of seconds. Yikes!

Cynthia
06-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Just noticed this thread and couldn't resist it. Stump (who will be 14 this summer) is the "Phantom Grabber" of my household. He will sneak up behind me (usually when I get up in the morning and am heading for the bathroom:o :D ) and will grab my leg and then give me a little kitty bite. Since he's about 12 pounds, it's quite an impact--usually results in a little bruise and fang marks but no big deal. We've made it into a game...when he does this, I turn around and say "coming to get you Stump!" He then starts rolling on the floor and occasionally flipping, which he doesn't do as much now that he's a senior cat. It's a nice reminder that he's still playful and happy!

Hey, Heather, thanks for starting this topic!! Looks like lots of us can relate!