PDA

View Full Version : Pitback (american pit/rhodesian ridgeback mix)

shewoolf2003
03-25-2006, 05:32 PM
I was to get a full blooded Rhodesian Ridgeback from one of my customers where I work... But her boyfriend sold all three of them to one man who is going to show them... I cannot come up with 2000 dollars for one. She also had an american pit that had puppies from her male rhodesian ridgeback... And the one that I am getting is the last of the litter... She had people coming from hundreds of miles away to get a puppy... (PitBack) as she calls them. And she has registered them as such... she is very socialized with other animals..and gets along with all of them. She is mostly black with some white on her... she has a white bottom lip, a splash of white on her chest and a few white toes...As I was told, she takes mostly after her ridgeback father...
I cannot wait to pick her up this sunday the 26th of March..............

zoomer
03-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a beautiful dog :) Good luck with your new puppy.

Jessika
03-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but how can you register a mutt? A pitback is not a breed..

Irregardless though I hope you have fun with your new puppy :)

Kfamr
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
There is no way she can register a mutt. She is just saying that to try and fool you into more money.

What you are getting is a mutt and what seems to be a new designer breeds that back yard breeders have created.

zoomer
03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
She said there was a litter of full breed Ridgebacks that were sold and people could show, she said she was going to get one but ended up not and now she is getting a Rhodesian/Pit. I hope I could explain it well enough :p

.sarah
03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
No, she is saying she registered mutts.
She had people coming from hundreds of miles away to get a puppy... (PitBack) as she calls them. And she has registered them as suchMeaning she registered the litter as PitBacks.

Maybe they're registered with that "registry" that is just for the designer dogs. I can't remember the name ... or maybe I'm totally making that up :confused: I think there is one though.

wolfsoul
03-25-2006, 11:11 PM
The Continental Kennel Club registers mixed breeds.

I don't mean to be rude, but mixed breeds are created by backyard breeders. By supporting backyard breeders, you are helping to increase the number of dogs dying in shelters every day.

.sarah
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
The Continental Kennel Club registers mixed breeds.
Oooh, really? I've not heard one good thing about them.

wolfsoul
03-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, they suck lol. They will literally register any kind of mixed breed you throw at them.

Jessika
03-25-2006, 11:22 PM
The Contential Kennel Club is basically just a scam to get money from people. And conveniently their initials are the same as the Canadian Kennel Club, so people often mistake them as being a reputable registry.

zoomer
03-25-2006, 11:24 PM
... :confused: What are you guys talking about?? :confused:

Flatcoatluver
03-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Don't get that puppy!!! Adopt!!!! Don't support backyard breeders and designer breeders their just sick and want money!!!!! There are tons of beautiful puppy's out there!!!! That is such a sick club!!!!! :mad:

zoomer
03-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Don't get that puppy!!! Adopt!!!! Don't support backyard breeders and designer breeders their just sick and want money!!!!! There are tons of beautiful puppy's out there!!!! That is such a sick club!!!!! :mad:

Come to think of it...

TOTALLY AGREED!

Jessika
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM
... :confused: What are you guys talking about?? :confused:

You are purchasing or adopting the puppy from this breeder?

And the puppy you are getting is a mixed breed, correct?

Is this "Pitback" puppy registered with any registry (as your first post implies).

Guys lets not be rude, some people just aren't informed and don't know the dangers of BYB and puppy mills. Lets inform nicely :)

zoomer
03-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks and I agree.

buttercup132
03-26-2006, 08:16 AM
You are purchasing or adopting the puppy from this breeder?

And the puppy you are getting is a mixed breed, correct?

Is this "Pitback" puppy registered with any registry (as your first post implies).

Guys lets not be rude, some people just aren't informed and don't know the dangers of BYB and puppy mills. Lets inform nicely :)
umm Zoomer isnt buying this puppy:p

Jessika
03-26-2006, 10:49 AM
umm Zoomer isnt buying this puppy:p
Yes I realized that last night, but those are all still questions that apply in either case

Lori Jordan
03-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok i went through the same thing i bought my red tri Australian Shepherd as a purebred....she is now going on 3 years and i have not recieved the paper..so that means she is not a purebred i could not put her in a show or anything withought that piece of paper she means nothing to any of the CKC,ABCA or anyother names on wich are dogs are registerd too...i'd do some background checks before you do anything...what exzctly are you paying for this dog??????BE CAREFUL!!!

This is Lacy after attacking the hose ;)

Jessika
03-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok i went through the same thing i bought my red tri Australian Shepherd as a purebred....she is now going on 3 years and i have not recieved the paper..so that means she is not a purebred i could not put her in a show or anything withought that piece of paper she means nothing to any of the CKC,ABCA or anyother names on wich are dogs are registerd too...i'd do some background checks before you do anything...what exzctly are you paying for this dog??????BE CAREFUL!!!

This is Lacy after attacking the hose ;)

It doesn't mean she isn't purebred, it just means she isn't registered :)

BTW BEAUTIFUL girl!! I want a red Aussie :) It will be the next one I get!

Sophist
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Good luck with your puppy, post pictures! If you are still interested in Rhodie/ Rhodie mixes, here are some dogs not too far from your part of Cali...

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6005914

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=2586839

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5953431

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=245897

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5567282

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5953359

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4469861

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5823042 (I love this girl!)

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5889125

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5898645 (This one sounds awesome, too)

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5898645

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5841593 (breathtaking dog!)

And there were TONS more. Might help you understand why people aren't thrilled to hear about your friend... go to petfinder.com, and you'll find a lot of PitBacks who really, really need a home.

Giselle
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
I just also wanted to point out that I find it HIGHLY doubtful that the guy who bought *three* dogs is going to be able to successfully show them.

Nobody really understands how much work is put into show dogs, but here's a brief summary:

People show and breed to better and further the good of the breed. Therefore, they search for the healthiest, most correctly built, good-natured dogs. Bloodlines and pedigrees are also very important, so in order to receive a dog that fits these requirements, one has to incorporate himself into the world of dog showing/handling and familiarize himself with the breeders. They have to establish a strong relationship with these breeders. When the breeder finally *does* produce a show quality litter that is capable of winning in the ring and bettering the breed, the person will fork over a hefty amount for (usually) a single pup. I find it HIGHLY doubtful, therefore, that your "breeder" sold three show quality pups to a single man. Those three pups cannot all be show quality. I'm sorry; this doesn't sound plausible at all. I've never heard of this :/ Plus, if showing is going to lead to breeding, one would want a variety of bloodlines and pedigrees (usually) so it would be unfavorable to breed brother to sister so early in the game.

My point...Your breeder just doesn't sound very reputable. I hope this gives you something to chew on. Many of us have bought from Backyard Breeders (myself included) and we've certainly learned our lesson. I have, which is the reason why I chose to adopt my Greyhound instead of waiting a year for an AKC puppy and taking a home away from a needy pup.

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
It doesn't mean she isn't purebred, it just means she isn't registered :)

BTW BEAUTIFUL girl!! I want a red Aussie :) It will be the next one I get!

Thanks so much i have been through alot with that Little girl and she has remained by my side the hole time!!! She is a lover What are your guys Border Collies or some sort of Collie?

Jessika
03-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks so much i have been through alot with that Little girl and she has remained by my side the hole time!!! She is a lover What are your guys Border Collies or some sort of Collie?

Nope they're both pure Aussies! :)

Dont' you love that Aussie trait; they are by your site, no matter what happens or WHERE you go..

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow i'm usually good with them they must be young? Beautiful dogs funny thing when i went to go look at The litter and the first pup i seen was a red merle she came running over to me im like ok i want her ..well she was taken.then lacy came wobbling over and of course she was taken also so i picked a blue merle male.... The saturday we went to go get the dog the lady called and said that Lacy's owner said they were not ready for a dog yet so i went out and got her off couse and she has been my baby ever since...i dont think id own another aussie but they are great dogs good family pets and great with Children!!

Jessika
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow i'm usually good with them they must be young? Beautiful dogs funny thing when i went to go look at The litter and the first pup i seen was a red merle she came running over to me im like ok i want her ..well she was taken.then lacy came wobbling over and of course she was taken also so i picked a blue merle male.... The saturday we went to go get the dog the lady called and said that Lacy's owner said they were not ready for a dog yet so i went out and got her off couse and she has been my baby ever since...i dont think id own another aussie but they are great dogs good family pets and great with Children!!

Shoot I can't see myself ever NOT owning an Aussie! hehe. Charlie is a little over a year and a half and Jamie just turned one in January. The thing that throws everyone off about Charlie I guess is he has very very very very faint copper points (you can't even see them at all in the picture). The reds though are my favorite! Red merles and tris.. I really want a tri, but not in the near future, I'll wait until I get my own house first

Roxyluvsme13
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
A Little information for you on Backyard breeding...
Just a Little Pixie Dust (http://freewebs.com/justalittlepixiedust)
I do run the site.

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 06:42 PM
i should not say i would never own another....i love my guys bandit was a beautiful black tri....he had such a thick coat he looked awesome,but i lost him last year and he was just a baby and with lacy i think she should be in texas or something she gets her coat in the summer here and has nothing in the winter...going back...alot of people are terrified of aussies around here anyways everytime i had my two out people would clear the side walk.bugged me a bit but oh well they obviously dont know how affectionate they are my sister inlaw has lacy's brother which also is a red-tri and a blue merle so there is alot of Aussies in the family.. i was looking at your pics in your website you truly have beautiful dogs...id be proud of your furbabies

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Bandit.jpg

Skippyjr2
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm a little hesitant to post anything about these puppies, b/c so many people are so quick to jump down the throats of anyone whose dog got pregnant. Here's the story. My younger brother has a full bred blue pit. His roommate has a full blooded rhodesian ridgeback, and they mated. Both my mom and I did not agree with her not being fixed, however, it has been done and now we are looking for homes. So please do not jump down my throat, it was not my doing! My mom took daisy the week before she gave birth and has had the puppie since they were born.

Daisy had 12 puppies, all of which are doing extremely well. They are 8 weeks tomorrow (6/10/08) They had their first vet visit, received their first series of shots and were de-wormed. Each of them has their own fun and unique personality. I have TONS of pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here.

If you are interested in one of them please let me know. My email address is [email protected]

CREECE903
07-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I honestly don't mean to be rude, but how can you register a mutt? A pitback is not a breed..

Irregardless though I hope you have fun with your new puppy :)

are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessika
07-14-2008, 04:20 PM
are all dogs mutts. look at pitbulls, there are so many different blood lines i can't keep up with them. and pitbull is the best of all dogs [ my opinon]. but i love all dogs. the pit bull is my all time favorite. so don't get me roung. quite hattin on ridgebacks pitmix ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.... who is "hating" on the mix??? Nobody here, especially not myself, has ever said a negative word about it... now if you are intentionally breeding them, I personally feel that is wrong (go to a shelter and save a mixed pup instead), but otherwise I love ALL dogs. I have absolutely NOTHING against ANY breed whatsoever.

EDIT: Not to mention if you'd read the rest of my posts in this thread you will notice I was one of the posters who continually asked questions and encouraged others to inform the original poster nicely and NOT be rude....

Miss Z
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM

Hmmm.... where's Alicia when I need her....

Nobody was 'hating' (or 'hattin', whatever that is :rolleyes:) on pit mixes. This forum has to be one of the biggest group of pit-loving people on the net! We are just a community of people who believe breeding for money, whether that's purebreds or mixes made to look like purebreds, is wrong. Breeding should only be done to better the breed by people who are passionate about that particular breed. It is stupid to sell mixes for so much money when there are so many in shelters who need a home.

Have you ever been to/volunteered at a shelter and seen the animals, including pit bulls, that are homeless?

I have seen on another thread that you are breeding your pit and have already made a sort of rude (well, IMO, at least) comment towards another member. I hope you aren't here to cause trouble.

Alysser
07-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Yes, at one point all dogs were bred from different breeds but they were eventually made into a breed and now none of them are mixed and they are a full breed. Why do you think there are so many different bloodlines in pitbulls?? Because of irresponsible dog breeding. People here on PT love all breeds to. No one is hattin(:rolleyes:) ridgeback/pitbull mixes, thank you very much. I also agree with Zara, please don't try and cause trouble here.

Danegirl2208
07-15-2008, 04:06 AM

Technically, yes all purebreds started out as mixed breeds. But they were created from generations and generations of selective breeding...not just from putting any two dogs together.

And by pit bulls I am assuming you are talking about the American pit bull terrier. Mutts? Hardly. The APBT has been a registered purebred since 1898.

Bloodlines have nothing to do with a dog being purebred or not. A bloodline, to put it simply, is sort of like a family tree of dogs...that are produced by a specific foundation dog or kennel. Take the "Jeep" and "Sorrells" bloodlines. The jeep bloodline was named after Garrett's Ch. Jeep, ROM. And Sorrells was named after Bert Sorrells. Both are different bloodlines, and are famous for their own unique traits... but they are both still purebred APBT lines.

Spicy_Bulldog
07-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Exactly. Bloodlines are not different breeds, only different families within a breed. That goes for APBT or otherwise.

leansnslobbers
07-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Well, in all fairness, there are those idiots that mix everything under the sun (neos, DDB's, american bulldogs, etc) into the pitbull to make it more "tough" looking, or whatever idiotic reason they do it for. Yet they still call them pit bulls. That's probably what our little friend is referring to (incorrectly).

Come on, Syd, quite hattin'. :p

Spicy_Bulldog
07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, in all fairness, there are those idiots that mix everything under the sun (neos, DDB's, american bulldogs, etc) into the pitbull to make it more "tough" looking, or whatever idiotic reason they do it for. Yet they still call them pit bulls. That's probably what our little friend is referring to (incorrectly).

Ok fair enough, but as you said incorrectly. ;)

We know those are not pure APBT bloodlines. There are many (pure) bloodlines within the breed and I have no problem keeping up with them. So I think this poster is just using that as their reason that it is ok to mix whatever you want with no rhyme or reason. Because other people do it so its ok.

They are mixing Chi and Pit and calling them "mini Pit Bulls" but they are not mini pit bulls, they are small pit/chi mixes. Just another byb selling point.

leansnslobbers this isn't really directed at you, just more of a general observation of the other poster and some breeders.

Jessika
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
They are mixing Chi and Pit and calling them "mini Pit Bulls" but they are not mini pit bulls, they are small pit/chi mixes. Just another byb selling point.
Same thing could be said about "Miniature" or "Teacup" Australian Shepherds -- I know not all lines do this but I DO know of cases where somewhere down the line toy breeds such as Poms were bred into it to make them smaller.

Danegirl2208
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM

LOL...

oh alright, you win...I will try my best to "quite hattin on dem dawgs!"...:rolleyes::p

Tora Oni
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, I don't agree to the idea that you can register anything that is less than 100% purebreed. I don't like these designer breeds for alot of reasons but the main reason why I don't believe they could ever be considered a purebreed is b/c if you were to breed them with another one of a F1 generation you wouldn't get the same thing I don't know how far you would have to go to get it that way and also the designer breeds do not come out with sibiling looking all very similar. In other words you get bunch of mutts, thats all they are. My dog was a stray we think he is half lab and half chesspeke bay. He is no longer with us but I still believe a dog is not always defined by its breed. I also don't agree with people who breed dogs irresponsibly I can not judge that for sure from what I hear, It seems like they may be back yard breeders at least thats what it seems like. I understand people want a certain character or look but I also think that it is abotainable from a shelter as well. Or by adds from people who got a dog and can no longer keep it. I am not downing you for adopting a dog I think its sweet that you are an animal lover as well but I know that it be difficult for me to adopt a dog from a breeder knowing there are so many purebreeds and mixes already in shelters who have been waiting for a home for so long and are very good dogs too.

What I am really for is for people to spay and nueter their pets if they don't want to go into a breeding business I don't agree with people who want to just breed to let them know what its like. To me I don't feel dogs care about that I feel that is instinct. Its so funny that people want them to do something that comes natural like that but if you said Let them go hunt its in their nature let them go kill some ducks or sheep or something No that bad b/c its teaching them to do something they aren't allowed to do but it also is something they are born to do so I don't see why we say one is fine and the other isn't. I mean herding dogs herd but deep down they all came from wild dogs. So just hear me out on that point of view.

RipplingWaves55
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
We don't mean to be mean, Zoomer. Just simply, backyard breeders, should not exist, all of them, should die--- I'm against backyard breeders, abusers, and anything of that sort. In my eyes I prefer to treat a dog, like a human. Not like a slave.

It's sad, but yes, if the pitback you are purchasing from that seller, is not a backyard breeder, then we're all mistaken and I apologize. But it seems like it to me I believe it would be one, depending on the cruelty of all of these sickminded humans out there.

Take care,

------
Lady's Mom, -Shania