PDA

View Full Version : I joined a gym!

My Peanuts
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I have never had a problem with my weight. I was described as fit and thin, but never too thin. Well that has changed. I miss high school gym class and walking a ton to classes in college. It's been almost 3years since I graduated college and I'm ready to be thin again. I'm not overly heavy, but I want my old body back. Still this is the biggest I’ve even been and it’s time to lose weight.

I'm totally motivated now and I love my gym. In case my motivation dwindles, are there any motivators that work for any of you?
Also, how about diets or any other advice?

Vio&Juni
03-09-2006, 03:13 PM
I am going to the gym not because I want to lose weight - I'd love to turn 4-5 pounds of fat into muscle though. I go because I feel good, because I deserve it, and because I paid 529 USD for a year :). My gym is a club where you can only buy a one year card for 529 dollars or 80 dollars per month. In Moldova this is huge money, and I hate to waste it.

I especially like the yoga class. It makes me feel great, not to mention sexy.
I see all those 45 - 50 years old women that look great and have fun and this motivates me a lot.

My Peanuts
03-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks! $80 is a lot a month. I pay $20 a month. It's called Cardinal Fitness and it's a chain. I don't know where they are but you should check it out if there's one near you. :)

Edit: Oops I just realized you're in Europe. I don't think the have Cardinal fitness clubs there. :rolleyes: I should have looked first.

jazzcat
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Congrats on joining the gym! I joined the YMCA last fall after losing about 50 pounds and wanting to continue to lose weight plus tone up. Also Christa here motivated me - she goes!

I have to admit I've been having some struggles with going regularly the past several weeks but I think it's because I had to take a little time off from surgery and I got a bit lazy. I really do feel better after I go and I can definitely tell it's working as far as how my clothes fit and my stamina.

Laura's Babies
03-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I would love yto join one but due to how I work, I would be paying for something I don't use half the time.

I can tell you this though, walking a lot takes it right off of me. While I was at the hospital with Eddie that first 7 weeks he was there, I walked off 18 pounds while eating like a horse! I wish there was somewhere I could walk while off and at home.

lute
03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
congrats on joining! my parents and i joined a gym and i think we've went a whopping 3 times! :rolleyes: hopefully you'll make it there more then we have!

My Peanuts
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
I've been 4 times in the last 5 days and I'm going again tonight! I love it and I already have tons of energy! :)