PDA

View Full Version : Spawning! :D

flamepony12
03-05-2006, 09:31 PM
After talking it over with my parents, I've decided to take a shot at spawning the pair I'm getting from Erica (bckrazy). :D

It'll be a while before I even consider beginning to condition them, etc... I want to make sure I'm 150% prepared before spawning them.

So, for those of you with spawning experience, here's where you come in. ;)

I'd absolutely LOVE it if you'd post a list of all the equiptment you need for a successful spawn; things that have worked for you in the past. (Spawning Tank size, Temperatures, Food for the fry, Methods, etc.) I have answers to some of these questions, but I want to know for sure. I want to make sure that both the parents and their babies are safe throughout the whole process. Thanks so much, and I really appreciate it!

Devon

LuvGold00
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
This page has some amazing information if you plan to spawn.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37944

flamepony12
03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much, Kara! :)

binka_nugget
03-06-2006, 12:20 AM
TFF is so awesome! I've learned so much from there.

I used 10 gallons for my spawns. Seems like a good size to use.. since 10 gallons are pretty cheap, and they're not too big nor too small. First spawn was done at 82 degrees. The second one was about 77 or so. Didn't seem to make a difference.

MWs are offered daily but I also make sure to give them Vinegar Eels and BBS (once they're a week old). The MWs sink to the bottom.. the VEs and BBS swim around though so the fry that stay at the surface get some food too!

I've only been a "breeder" for a couple weeks though. :p I'm sure Erika will be able to help you more. I'm still learning as I go along. :p