Thread: Powerball Winners Come Forward

Powerball Winners Come Forward

The jackpot has been claimed by a group of eight workers from a meat processing plant.

They all work at a ConAgra ham processing plant near a U Stop convenience store where they bought the winning ticket.

Three of the workers actually went to work Tuesday night and got off at 6:30 a.m. before the 10:30 a.m. jackpot news conference.

The eight workers' names: Quang Dao, 56; David Gehle, 53; Alain Maboussou, 26; Chasity Rutjens, 29; Robert Stewart, 30; Michael Terpstra, 47; Dung Tran, 34; and Eric Zornes, 40.

The winning ticket for the biggest jackpot on record for any lottery in the United States was sold in Lincoln.

The winners chose a lump sum cash option, giving them more than $177 million collectively, or $15.5 million each after taxes.

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT JOB AT THE MEAT PACKING PLANT IN NEBRASKA!!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Myabe one of the winners will start another business -- watch for the want ads!

Anybody need a job in Nebraska? Namely, at a meat packing plant ?? I think they might have a few openings now

Gosh, a paltry 15.5 million each? If I was holding the ticket I would have held out and said it was ALL mine!

Actually, I like it when normal working people win. I just hope they get good council so the money isn't squandered and they can live out the rest of their lives in comfort. I heard a story once of a lady who won the lottery - couple million, not 15.5 - and two or three years later she was right back to where she was before, and actually, even further in debt. She bought everything in sight - like 50 pair of shoes, most of them were never worn - just because she could. Then two or three years later she ended up with a bunch of junk laying around the house of no value, no money in the bank and a huge credit card bill.

Oh, and you can all get ready to congratulate ME next Saturday. Terry just bought a ticket for Friday's Mega Millions - a mere $203 million - and I just KNOW we're going to be the winners!

(yeah right!)
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Congratulations to the winners!!! I actually have tickets, in my pocket, for the Powerball to see if we got anything. I know that two in SC got $600,000.....I don't undertstand it all, to tell you the truth. But I know when I bought 5 numbers, for $10, a week ago, I still got $12 in return. Maybe my husband's $20 will amount to something, even if it isn't $3.5 Million or $600,000.

Logan