Thread: She was a beautiful dog

She was a beautiful dog

Sounds like she really was meant to be yours! It is so hard to loose a wonderful animal like that. Congragulations on her being dog of the day!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Dear ButterScotch and Family. I was so touched reading about you this morning; sad, but at the same time very warmed and heartened to learn of the very special life you shared with your devoted family. They say dogs are blessed with a certain "other" sense that we humans do not share. As I read of your many attempts at escape from your first home, I thought to myself...."She knew exactly what she was doing!!" No, you were never giving up on your quest to be with those humans destined to be your forever family And ButterScotch, I would like to think that those pesky black labs were, perhaps, furry guardian angels in disquise, propelling you ever forward toward that end! Seems your family was just as doggedly persistent!! In the end, they held the key that unlocked that prision door and opened the floodgates of love! What a beautiful photo your family has chosen to share with us. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. When I gaze into your soft, brown eyes, I know that the most beautiful, loving spirit once walked this earth, and now graces us all with your light from above. Thank you ButterScotch for giving your family so many, many years of friendship, love, devotion and comfort. How proud your family must be this day, knowing that so many around the world will share the privilege of meeting beautiful LADY BUTTERSCOTCH Dog of a Lifetime.....Bless you dear Scutter. I know that so many Pet Talk Rainbow Bridge Furangels are there with you now, and that you are all smiling down upon us, tails a wagging, anxiously awaiting that special day when we will meet again. And to the family of ButterScotch, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful girl with us. You were truly blessed.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 03-10-2002 at 12:41 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

ButterScotch

I was already tearing up when I read the beautiful tribute from ButterScotch's family, and then Sandra, your sweet acknowledgement of this Love Story finished off the work of letting the tears flow.

Having my own dear Cocker, Tucker, who found his forever home after several tries only makes ButterScotch's life story that much more meaningful to me. I guess it makes me think that I know the soul and depth of Cocker Love.

My RB babies, Bailey and Tizzie are sweet gentle beings, just like you ButterScotch. They too lived good long lives but are missed each and every day and are cherished still as are you. It is appropriate to have a RainBow Bridge sweetie be our Dog of the Day occasionally as the dogs of our lives really live in our hearts forever.

ButterScotch,

I am so happy to hear that you found your forever
    home and lived with the love and devotion that you
    so rightly deserved. You were a Beautiful dog & you
    ARE a Beautiful soul. Rest easy at Rainbow Bridge
    sweet girl !!! Scutter , DOG OF THE DAY !!!

You were a very beautiful dog, both inside and out. So glad you found the best forever home! I'm sure they miss you soooo much. You'll meet at the Bridge, where everyone will be happy again. Congrats to you, beautiful Butterscotch.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

One of our Own Bridge Babies

I was thrilled to see Scutter as DOTD today.
    I know Zippy Cat (Tonya) will be thrilled, as ButterScotch was her very own baby.
    Tonya is at a horse show this weekend, so I know she will be thrilled to see Scutter as dog of the day.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Looks like we have two message threads on this one

And that's fine....double the honor for sweet Butterscotch!! Just didn't want anyone to miss the other thread!!

Butterscotch

This is my first post and I hope I'm doing it right.
    I lost my last dog (2 year old Bichon named Cody) because he had pancreatitus and was in an oxygen tent in pain. We had to make the decision to put him to sleep. That was five years ago but I still remember making that decision like it was yesterday.

I'm sure you're so happy to see Butterscotch as dog of the day. I know the pain of losing a dog (as I'm sure many of us do), so I just had to say congratulations to Butterscotch and you. We've since got another Bichon (Dudley) who's 4 now and we love him to death, but Cody will always be the dog of the day for us. (of course I'll nominate Dudley here sometime in the future)

Congratulations,
    Billy1097

OH MY GOODNESS...
    HOW did I miss this thread? I feel so horrible.

a be-lated THANK YOU for thinking of my ButterScotch on her special day....

*geez, TOTAL blonde moment!*
    hangs head in shame/embarassment

You are most welcome, Tonya! Your girl was a sweet heart, for sure.