Thread: A surprising twist to my night!

A surprising twist to my night!

I was at work tonight when a customer came up to me and asked about nail clipping. We both looked at each other and did one of those "hey, I know you from somewhere" But neither could place the other. Then I mentioned how I volunteer for a cat rescue, and she said "Oh! I thought you looked familiar! We adopted Minette" OMG.... I almost fell over! My beautiful Minette's mom was there trying to find out about clipping her nails! Bless her!

Turns out Minette is doing great. She's the princess she was always destined to be. She loves her human brohter, and is very tolerant of her 4 year old human sister. Mom says she might occasionally swat at the little girl but never ever with nails extended.

The only thing I was a little unhappy with was the fact that they let her outside.... which is technically breaking contract. But I've been to their house -- an old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere -- and I can't see her becoming road kill or anything unless she traveled far. They said she stays right in the back yard watching the chipmunks and sunning herself.

Its obvious that she is completely and totally loved. I could never ask for a better home... how could I tear her away from her supreme happiness just because they technically broke the contract? I could find someone else who abided by the contract word for word and she wouldn't be anywhere's near as loved, cherished, and happy.

I am just so thrilled to find out that yet another one of my fosters found a fabulous forever home!

Awwww...how wonderful! I think that if this woman wants advice on something like nail trimming, then Minette is in very good hands indeed.

I can just see a happy, smiley cat sunning herself in a back yard in the country! You know that 'kitty smile' they get, you can really see it from the side?

What a happy story!

Minette is the gray girl that lived in your daughter's bedroom, right?

How wonderful that she has found such a great home.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I wonder how many people do break that contract? I know that I do by letting my 3 shelter adopted cats out into the garden - but I'm there, they absolutely love it, and I'd feel that I was depriving them if I obeyed the stipulations of the contract. I don't live in a remote farmhouse, but I do live in a very quiet neighborhood, and have a large garden with wild area at the bottom of it. I'd only feel guilty if I put them outside because I couldn't be bothered to have litter boxes or something like that. Years ago, I checked out a foster home for a cat with one eye that had been found abandoned and starving, and my house was full. They were very pleased to show me the back garden where he would be expected to do his litter box functions, a garden that had a broken down fence and was alongside a busy road. I couldn't believe they'd do that to a cat with poor vision.

Thats wonderful that you met Minettes Meowmie and are reassured that Minette is doing well,and is Happy as Can Be in her New Furr Ever Home where she has a whole Big Yard to play in.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a great update! I'm so happy that Minette's home is working out. She was a beautiful cat and deserved her own place.

Now you just have to get them to send us photos!

Minette seems to have it made.She seems to be in the most perfect home.Lucky girl

What a terrific update! I am so happy for Minnette.

I also wouldn't like the fact they let her out, but if her home is so loving, guess you couldn't ask for more. At least she is in a loving home and not abused, neglacted, or in want of anything. I'm happy to hear she's in good hands.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Great news, Kim .... and as I have always tended to believe, anyone can sign a contract ... but you can't go home with them and make sure they abide by it. We all can only try our best to educate, and make the best choices we can ... the rest is up to the responsibility and conscience of the new family.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!