Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My foster puppy *pictures* And...a sheltie?

My foster puppy *pictures* And...a sheltie?

I had a foster puppy who just found a new home yesterday. One of the five Belgian/border collie mixes I was talking about. Unfortunatly I only got the one, but all of the puppies now have homes. This one went to a family that already has a Belgian shepherd and two older children. They have a really fancy house in one of the nicest and most expensive places to live in town with a huge backyard, so I think they are a good home for this pup.

And on another note, I might be getting a sheltie puppy. Not too sure, because I'd still like my catahoula, but my catahoula breeder has been promising to call me for months and still hasn't, so I don't know what's going on. But my friend's sheltie is pregnant (and HUGE) and I am considering getting one of the puppies. What do you guys think? Catahoula or sheltie? I've been after a catahoula for years, but if the breeder doesn't call me (and I can't call her) what exactly can I do, right? I can always get a catahoula another year...I would love one from this particular litter, but I suppose it doesn't matter that much. Hmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3913.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	26586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dtdrt.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	26589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3887.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	26590  
    I've been BOO'd!

AWWW! He is soo cute Kudos to you for finding him a home.

Is the sheltie the one you showed me? The lassie look alike or the black & white one, I'm trying to think lol

Anyways if you think the breeder isn't going to contact you then go for the sheltie.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

what a cutie! thank you so much for fostering!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

He's really cute! Glad he found a home!
    If the breeder doesnt call you,then go for the sheltie!

The pup is adorable, glad to hear it found a great home

Is it possible for you to e-mail your Catahoula breeder? Maybe something happened or she forgot about calling you or something, hopefully there's a good reason for her not contacting you. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

they are adorable ..

Cute pup!

I also think you should email the breeder and find out what's up, before making any decisions. Give her one more chance so to speak.

Are Taboo's pups not spoken for?? When is she due?? You must post pics of the babies when they come. It's been way to long since I've had the opportunity to see little sheltie babies.

*Thanks Ashley*

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue
    Is the sheltie the one you showed me? The lassie look alike or the black & white one, I'm trying to think lol
    Yup, I showed you her picture....the blue merle.

The only problem is that I have to tell my friend right away if I want a pup because she already has people wanting puppies, and the catahoula pups will be born in May so the breeder pretty much has that amount of time to contact me. I don't know what I should do. I think I'm going to take a sheltie. I mean, I'd be doing my friend a big favor by putting titles on one of her dogs, and she could use it for breeding...Oh, and my sheltie would be related to Shelteez2's dog, Clipse.

Here is my friend's dog, Taboo (blue merle), and the father, Carlos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1906.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	26592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carlos.bmp 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	26593  
    I've been BOO'd!

I've been emailing her for months and she keeps promising me that she will call me. I understand that she's busy but it's very dissapointing. At one point she finally did call me while I was at work and told me she would call me at my house later that night but she never did. I haven't heard from her since.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2
    Cute pup!
    Are Taboo's pups not spoken for?? When is she due??
    Some of them are, and Kelly said they will all be spoken for this coming week. They are due in May. Taboo is HUGE. She was AIed four times. She started to show almost right away, way before she was supposed to start showing. We took a poll, I say she's having 9 puppies lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    Some of them are, and Kelly said they will all be spoken for this coming week. They are due in May. Taboo is HUGE. She was AIed four times. She started to show almost right away, way before she was supposed to start showing. We took a poll, I say she's having 9 puppies lol.
    Do you mean she's due in Mar? I can't see her beeing due in May... not even if she was bred right now... lol

Oh and how is daddy related to Clipse? What kennel is he from? What's his reg'd name?

*Thanks Ashley*

Yup, I showed you her picture....the blue merle.

The only problem is that I have to tell my friend right away if I want a pup because she already has people wanting puppies, and the catahoula pups will be born in May so the breeder pretty much has that amount of time to contact me. I don't know what I should do. I think I'm going to take a sheltie. I mean, I'd be doing my friend a big favor by putting titles on one of her dogs, and she could use it for breeding...Oh, and my sheltie would be related to Shelteez2's dog, Clipse.

Here is my friend's dog, Taboo (blue merle), and the father, Carlos.

OH! I remember her now, ok
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2
    Do you mean she's due in Mar? I can't see her beeing due in May... not even if she was bred right now... lol

Oh and how is daddy related to Clipse? What kennel is he from? What's his reg'd name?
    Oops, yes that is what I meant. I was thinking about when the puppies will be ready to go to their new homes lol.

Carlos is from Westpointe -- Ch. Westpointe's Fade to Black. He is Gambler's half brother, which would make the puppies Clipse's...I'm no good at this lol, what would they be to Clipse?
    I've been BOO'd!

Oops, yes that is what I meant. I was thinking about when the puppies will be ready to go to their new homes lol.

Carlos is from Westpointe -- Ch. Westpointe's Fade to Black. He is Gambler's half brother, which would make the puppies Clipse's...I'm no good at this lol, what would they be to Clipse?
    It would make them Clipse's nothing since Clipse isn't related to Gambler at all.... lol

*Thanks Ashley*

Aw darn. For some reason I had it in my head that Gambler was Clipse's father. Ah well.
    I've been BOO'd!

Aw darn. For some reason I had it in my head that Gambler was Clipse's father. Ah well.

Gambler is younger than Clipse so that would be a pretty neat feat.... lol

*Thanks Ashley*