Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Where we live now there seems to be a very high rate of MS, no one knows why..
    That is weird! This should be investigated
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Shortly after my sister got diagnosed with MS in about 1989, she found out some interesting things:

1. If you lived in an equatorial country til you were 13, then lived elsewhere, you would not get MS.

2. More women than men get it.

3. The Prairie provinces(midwest) in Canada are loaded with it, especially Saskatchewan. Apparently there is some researcher out there turning over every rock and plant he can, trying to find a common thread.

4. Because my sister has it, my chances of getting it double to one in 2 million.

As Darcia always said, it's a "wacky" disease. It's one disease that varies hugely with the individual. I honestly think that if she had taken better care of herself early on, it would have made a difference. But she had no symptoms for two years, so made no changes to her nutrition or lifestyle. Maybe it wouldn't have helped anyway...who knows!

Have you been back on the Belgian site, Lut? Anything interesting there?

hugs
    Catty1

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Have you been back on the Belgian site, Lut? Anything interesting there?
    Oh yes!!! Thank you so much for that link! I registered right away and got many replies already!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

back home from the reumatologist. No proof found in blood test . So no answer yet on the question:"Where do all those infections come from??"
    She gave me a new medicine to try out. She also wants an extra test :"BOTDENSIOMETRIE". It is some test on the "bones"
    I will know the results of this next Thursday. Please, keep me in your prayers

Certainly will!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??

Always Lut you are in my prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Prayers on your way from here in Maine.GET WELL please.

I feel terrible

Prayers continue from me and everyone in my church.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Keeping you in my prayers Lut. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Lut I'm sorry to hear that with the tests they did their still not able to narrow down what the problem is

Of course you know you'll always be in my prayers.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    She also wants an extra test: "BOTDENSIOMETRIE". It is some test on the "bones"
    I will know the results of this next Thursday. Please, keep me in your prayers
    Lut, that sounds like a bone density test. They use that to test for Osteoporosis but I imagine it could reveal other things as well. You continue to be in my daily prayers. I'll bet those furry nurses are working overtime on this job.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Lut, that sounds like a bone density test. They use that to test for Osteoporosis but I imagine it could reveal other things as well. You continue to be in my daily prayers. I'll bet those furry nurses are working overtime on this job.
    Thanks, Slick! That is exactly what it is called in English "Bone Density test"!
    Did you ever had it? What do they do exactly?

I've had several bone density tests. Seems the medication I take for my thryroid has a history of degenerating (is that the right word?) the bones, so I had to take a baseline test a few years ago, then about once every other year I get one. Last time my spine density was ok, but my hip density was borderline osteoporosis - I've got the hips of a 70 year old....or maybe a 74 year old and that's why I feel the way I do!

Anyway, Lut, it's a piece of cake. Just wear pants with no metal zipper or snaps. You lay on a table and there's an "arm" that goes over you that has the "camera" in it. The technician snaps a picture, moves the arm a fraction of an inch, snaps another picture, moves the arm a fraction of an inch, snaps another picture etc. All you do is lay as still as possible. No pain, no needles, no goopy stuff like an ultrasound - you just lay there and a few minutes later you're done!

These tests are so easy that I find it hard to believe that more women don't have them done. My mom absolutely positively REFUSES to have one done. Anyway, I sure hope it gives more insight into what's wrong with you, Lut. Good luck!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I had a bone density test a few years ago. It doesn't hurt at all.
    The noise the machine makes during the test was the only down side.
    It's good you are getting a through testing to find an answer to your pain.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

(((((((((((((Lut))))))))))))

Glad to hear you're home. Sorry to hear you're having to go through more tests.

Lut, going to a rheumatologist is a GOOD thing. They deal with all chronic diseases. I really think this type of doctor will be very helpful in finding a diagnosis for you.

I'll keep you in my prayers, OK? If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

Love & Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...