Thread: Nicholas' biopsy results

Nicholas' biopsy results

I had a free minute at work, so I gave the vet a call. The biopsy results just came over the fax. The other vet went over them with me. Unfortunately, the biopsy is positive for Mast Cell(cancer). Dr. Ascher is off today, she will call tomorrow, and we will discuss the next step to take. I told Dr. Artuso, I am OK having a cat without an ear, than not having the cat, so will see!! Thank you for all your prayers and support!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Oh no. Sending many, many positive vibes Nicholas' way. I really hope something can be done for your sweetie. Please let us know.

Oh no! Poor Nicholas. I hope there is something less traumatic than to have him loose an ear, but yes I would agree. A one-eared cat is better than none at all. Let's hope there is a simpler solution than that. Please let us know what options you are given. Good thoughts and prayers continue.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Oh my.... I am so sorry to read this. I hope that there is something other than taking Nicholas' ear that can be done. LOTS of prayers and warm thoughts coming your way from me and my girls.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that Nicholas will be okay and be able to live a long happy and healthy life after his treatment. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Ah! There you are at last. I've been wondering about this. What terrible news. But at least it's an ear and not an internal organ, if it means losing the ear you get to keep beloved Nicholas.

Good luck and keep us posted what happens and how he goes.

I hope so much it all turns out OK
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Sorry for not posting sooner!!! Spoke with Dr. Ascher. She said that she is not going to remove ANYTHING more!!! But, we have to keep a VERY close eye on the area!!! Nicholas is a happy fellow to know that he will be able to keep his ear(so are we!)!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Snugglie to Nicholas! I hope he is happy for a long time to come!

Yay!!! Happy to hear the good news. Nicholas was to I bet!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I'm late in reading this but glad to read that Nicholas is gonna keep all his parts intact. Whew! But if he had to "lend an ear", so be it; better that than to lose the cat.

Blessings,
    Mary