Thread: Chewing....

Chewing....

Ok, this one is new for my household:
    Tonight my daughter put her MP3 player on the table. She walked away and then came back a few hours later and noticed that the headphone wires are stripped. The stripped part is about 1/2" long and is not cut clear through. I honestly don't see any chew marks. The copper wires inside are still perfectly fine, just the plastic coating cut - she can still use the headphones (but we'll still replace them just to be safe)

Now.... could the cats have done it? Only Allen and Pouncer were in the room where it happened. I've NEVER seen either boy chew ANYTHING. Harry is famous for chewing paper, but thats all he chews!

How would I know for sure if a cat did it? Wouldn't I see little needle poke teeth marks? Is it possible she got the wire caught on something and not notice it until later?

My guys are so bad lately -- I think its the full moon!!!

I would think you could tell if the kitties did it, it may have rubbed on something, my kids use their ipods while running in pe, etc...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I personally do think she got it caught on something, like maybe the zipper on her gym bag.... she SWEARS it was in perfect form when she pout it down. Don't you think the cats would have chewed clear through the copper wires, and not just stripped the plastic?

I've seen paper after Harry gets done with it -- there's nothing petite about the bites, and the wires were very dainty work!

But in the meantime I have no proof the cats didn't do anything and they've been sooo bad lately. Last night someone pooped on the carpet. Someone peed on the kitchen counter this morning... and yes, my boxes are clean with fresh litter.

I'd say you'd be able to tell if a cat did the deed. And things happen all the time without us noticing. Even if she believes she did not harm the wire, it could have been defective even from the begining. (we assume all is well, we never look for small problems).

But then again.....you DO starve those poor cats.

Pouncer Angel tells me that they are INNOCENT of all charges.
    But then again I have the feeling that she would stick up for them always.
    But shes an Angel,and cant LIE!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Everything that has been chewed around here has obvious teeth marks somewhere on it. I agree with Pouncer Angel - the kitties are innocent!

From Decker with Love