Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valentines Day help

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon
    or a CD with songs that remind you of him.
    I think this is a great idea!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Im so glad you asked this question, I have the exact same problem with my boyfriend its our first valentines and I dont have a clue

Chocolates if he likes 'em, or make cookies - they don't even have to be heart-shaped, just wrap 'em in pink or red plastic wrap, an ITunes giftcard if he has an iPod or MP3 player ... Or make him a handmade Valentine card, some construction paper and markers are all you'd need ... and you have weeks to figure out what poem or verse or quote to put inside ...

Well this is my first Valentines Day with my boyfriend Josh so I am a little cluesless also, but I think I figured something out. We haven't been dating for real long, but we are incredibly close- so I figured since we have been dating for a little over 100 days I was going to take 100 heart shaped pieces of paper and write down 100 things I love about him. I also plan on making a gigantic batch of his favorite cookes (peanut butter w/ hershey kisses on top). Of course I am hand making the Valentines card! Valentines Day is a Tuesday this year, well on Tuesdays Josh has to go school (he goes to a technical college) for welding- so we thought that we wouldn't be able to hang out together on Valentines Day- but his teacher said he can bring me to school if he wants to and teach me to weld! HAHA! So cool! So I am going to school with him on Valentines Day for fun, and we are going out for dinner the weekend before. I'm excited!

The way I look at it- handmade presents are WAY better than anything you could buy- there is much more meaning behind it which makes it very special. It doesn't need to be anything huge, elaborate, or expensive- it's the thought that counts.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

This is my first valentines day with a boyfriend too, and i was about ready to tear my hair out trying to find something to get him. and then i had an i dea. i go t a shoe box and covered it with red and pink paper and then i glued glitter and cut out hearts and candy hearts on it. and i'm gonna put a bunch of candy in it and also i bought him a plant. (i'd wanted to get him a cactus because they are cool and i didnt think he would be able to kill it so easily, but they didnt have any at the store and the lady kinda of gave me a funny look ) lol good luck finding something

Thanks guys, I'm really not the kind of person to write poems, ect, he is soooo hard think of things for him! ug! Maybe I should tell him not to get me anything and i'll do the same for him...
    Sara[human] Maggie[lab/gsd]Autumn[chow/x] Boo Boo[mutt] Mittens[domestic long hair] CP[Domestic short hair] Cisco [Quarter Horse] Austin[Quarter Horse/Paint] and the ducks...

yeah but the problem with telling him to not get you anything is that half the time they do somethign little anyway and then you feel like crap for not getting anything..i dunno. guys are sooo lucky cause girls are super easy to buy for for valentines day; they could practically walk in to a store with their eyes closed get some chocolate and a teddy bear. and the girl would be totally happy.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I think, as long as you put a little of yourself into a gift...then, you won't disappoint him. Personally, I don't like getting the typical Valentine's gifts, and, I'm actually all right with not getting or giving anything...the holiday itself is so commercialized now, it's never been one I gave a lot of thought about. But, something that you made would be cool...a picture of the two of you together, or just of you by yourself...maybe make a card out of one...or get a good picture and a cool frame...make a cd...or maybe get some popcorn and a big bowl, some sodas, some cool cups or mugs to drink from, and a movie (or even just a blockbuster gift card) and present it in something he can use later (like the popcorn bowl, a bag or box or something that is practical as well as being something you can put the gifts in)...it sounds expensive, but, the bowls and mugs you can get easily at a dollar store...or even a thrift store or goodwill...and the popcorn and sodas aren't that expensive...I think that would be a cool, unique gift, and, you two can enjoy it together. Anyway, I think it's sweet that you're trying to do something nice for him. The guy I'm seeing is buying our tickets to see a musician we both like...and, we're actually trying to get my parents to go, too. I hope it all works out for you!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hey, thanks guys, he told me he wants to come over, and meet my 'rents and spend the day with me...i have to get the guts to ask my parents first though... they might let me! I hope! lol
    Sara[human] Maggie[lab/gsd]Autumn[chow/x] Boo Boo[mutt] Mittens[domestic long hair] CP[Domestic short hair] Cisco [Quarter Horse] Austin[Quarter Horse/Paint] and the ducks...

Being married long enough, just having each other is our gift to each other.

I know, I know, that's not what you wanted to hear

I have always thought it best to give him something from the heart, and I think he would love something you could make. How about having a friend take photos of you (they don't have to be racy, just something really cute or nice will do too) and you could have them be black-and-white and make a matte for a frame .. Or how about mixing him a CD of his favorite songs? You could make the jewel case (or cd label) yourself?

Mommyof3Cats- you are abosultely correct on your statement "having each other is a good enough present". That is exactly what my boyfriend told me during Christmas- it sounds corny at first but it's oh so true!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

yea he told me that that was all he wanted so I didn't have to worry about it.

Last night I bought him the Velocity Cologne, I am sending him these little note things you buy at school for a $1 and these Crush can things with a note taht says, somebody has a crush on you and they get a can of Crush pop with it. *i'm going to freak out and ask him who he got those from and not tell him I bought it for him* I might also get him one of those BIG hersheys kisses things, idk lol. I told him not to expect anything cause I dont' know...

Grr, I have some suggestions, but my DBF is sitting behind me and can read what I type so I can't post 'em right now.

Thank you Wolf_Q!