Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humane Society Calling me...

Sasvermont - Only 1 bird???? Talk to Logan - can't have just one bird

Originally posted by aly
    Be careful... I ended up with a full time job
    Hey, you were able to finagle a paying job - most of us do it for nothing!

That may sound like a barb, but it's not!

Kittens Galore!

This past Thursday I stopped by the shelter to "shadow" the person who volunteers that evening. Thought I could learn the ropes from her. I did. And we got to play with all the kittens and their Moms. There were only two litters....but maybe more tomorrow. I can't wait to go there. I hope dear sweet Junie has been adopted. Since there are so few cats there, they are really pampered and I don't feel SOOOO sorry for them. The shelter has lots of kind people there... the animals are nicely taken care of. They just need homes.

Shall we start taking bets on how long I will volunteer there before I bring home a new pet? Hehehehehehehehehehe.

I will keep you all posted!

Former User Guest

Re: Kittens Galore!

Originally posted by sasvermont

Shall we start taking bets on how long I will volunteer there before I bring home a new pet? Hehehehehehehehehehe.
    Sure... let's say within a month

Sure... let's say within a month
    That long?

SasVermont, I wouldn't last one week, let alone one month! What a wonderful way to spend one's spare time! When I retire (if I ever do) I would like to give love and hugs to cats at the shelter here in the Aberdeen area. The PetSmart store runs a cat adoption center, right in the store itself, and every time I go there I want to take at least two cats home with me....but Bo would kill me if I did!
    Good for you, keep it up and I'm betting that you won't last two weeks.

Tuesday=cat petting day!!

I can't wait to get my hands on those furry little devils at the Humane Society. I have still not adopted any of them. They go out so quickly around here, that I don't feel so bad for them. It sure beats living on the streets. They are SO pampered at the shelter. Anyway, I look forward to seeing which ones have gone where and when, and look forward to meeting the new kittens. Such a rewarding experience. I am not sure I would be so happy about it if the place was a kill shelter and crowded. It is just the opposite. I love it there!

Chittenden County Humane Society

I don't know the web site addy but it is easy to find. They are in the process of building a $$$$$$$$$$ facility and will move in to it some time in June or July.

Last night was fun, but still not many cats. Surrounding counties have tons of them because of the farms and rural attitudes. Chittenden County is mostly city like folks and it consist of more stray dogs than cats. Right now they have lots of adult rabbits and ferrets.

I will continue to work with them on Tuesday. I look forward to it. And yes, each time I go there I conside adopting a cat, but have resisted so far!

((((((((((animals))))))))))))))))

SAS

Chuck wonderful - I've been in the site having a looke at all those beautiful furkids in need of homes - all I can say is it's a good job I don't live nearer!!!!
    So can SallyAnn perleeeeeassssse give cuddles to:-

Sienna. Murphy. Marmalade. Prue. Equinox. Tiger. Morris. Adnos. Rooster.

AND these special black & white babies;-
    Dunstun. Tootie. Rosemary. Moak. Marty. Farah. Blue.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne

Not that many cats there

Thanks for the hug suggestion. Sorry (really happy actually) to say that only four cats remain there. They need to update their web site more often. I hugged Murphy all last night - and hopefully he will be adopted tomorrow, for sure. Rosemary is a sad sack and needs lots of TLC - she is missing teeth and is feral like acting. Dunston was adopted yesterday, leaving poor Murphy by himself, after all these years. Marmalade needs an ear operation and will be out of action for a week....and there is one new kitty there....a stray....not very nice....probably just scared..... All the others on the site were adopted!!!!!! Yes!!!

Volunteering will soothe the sole

I have been volunteering for a cat rescue group for almost 4 years now. I started out by adopting a cat from a local cat adoption group. Then I helped in trapping ferals. Then I decided to foster my own litter of kittens. I can not foster any more, as I have kept 6 of my "Fosters". I placed about 20 kitties that I fostered. It is very rewarding. I now go to the adoption site every Saturday and Sunday to "screen" potential kitty owners. To interview someone and then to see them smiling ear to ear as they carry their new kitty out the door is priceless!! I will never stop helping kitties.
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/1/13/54/49111354iHNAro_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/8/46/91/43784691yYbdLa_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/3/35/45/35133545JzgZpz_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/3/49/42/35134942dLtPer_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/1/38/43/49113843irMBnj_th.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/1/0/60/49110060ASuUAj_th.jpg

You've made my day SAS - it's really good to know all those furbabies have been given homes.

Lynne

I am a volunteer at my shelter, I'm a cat groomer. I play with the kittens, I brushed the adults cats and give them lots of love and attention. I go two times a week, always on Fridays and Saturdays. It's fun experience and everyone should volunteer. You must be very excited and I can tell you it is very rewarding. Have fun on Tuesday!!!

I missed this last Tuesday

I didn't go this past Tuesday because I had just returned from a mini vacation/holiday. But back to business this coming Tuesday. The cats really appreciate the extra attention from folks like me and since they are not where they could or should be, any extra love cannot hurt them.

It is fun too! You get to pet cats for hours on end!