Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I have a friend that thinks with her heart and not her head when it comes to her ne'er do well husband. I've been really worried about her. I'm really worried for her tonight. Please, send prayers that she will think before acting. She wants this marriage to work so bad that she will believe anything he tells her.

I'll explain more later.
    I have a freind, sounds just like her. I'll send a prayer for sure but, sometimes a helluva lot more is required if ya know what I mean.

If she is believing everything he tells her to make the marriage work, that marriage isn't working at all - not by a long shot.

I hope she wakes up soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    If she is believing everything he tells her to make the marriage work, that marriage isn't working at all - not by a long shot.

Aww, but it could be so many things. Wide awake or not, there's financial fears, domesic abuse that could be deadly and some people would rather be with a DB than be alone. Cultural issues, the list goes on and on...Sometimes action is in order, it is certainy uncertainable without the facts eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Aww, but it could be so many things. Wide awake or not, there's financial fears, domesic abuse that could be deadly and some people would rather be with a DB than be alone. Cultural issues, the list goes on and on...Sometimes action is in order, it is certainy uncertainable without the facts eh?
    Marriage is a goal she's had for a while. When she met this guy, I thought she had finally figured it out. But no.

I think there are some self-concept issues here. I have never understood this. Even with all the crap my mom laid on me, I have never believed in a magic pill, or relationship that would cure everything and make it perfect.

And she wants a baby.

I know he threatens her and plays on her emotions, at least that is what she has said, yet she denies that is what he is doing. She wants more from life and doesn't understand that her strength comes from within.

Okay, I'm rambling. It's late. I'll keep y'all updated.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Oh no!! First of all, self esteem, self respect. Then decide what comes later. Hey, she will make her own decisions, but some good advice may be in order.

Blog Entries
    Oh no!! First of all, self esteem, self respect. Then decide what comes later. Hey, she will make her own decisions, but some good advice may be in order.
    Like no kid

Oh, she has received it in buckets. Tons of buckets. Head is harder than diamonds
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    I see. What seems like common sense to my freind usually make no sense whatsoever to me.

The power went out in my building but that happens a lot when the weather is crazy.
    Last edited by bestellen; 01-22-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    The power went out in my building but that happens a lot when the weather is crazy.
    Aww, we had a scheduled outage last night as the city switched its power grid structure, but before that we had a spike that ate two of my surge protectors/plug bars.

A warning, folks - never ever plug your computer directly into the outlet. A Surge protector is a lot easier to replace than you computer!
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers please for my beloved mum-in-law and all we who love her, She is dying of cancer.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Karen, prayers for your beloved mum-in-law and you and all who love her.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

I think I'm going to work on reverse psychology.
    Anne

I have a freind, sounds just like her. I'll send a prayer for sure but, sometimes a helluva lot more is required if ya know what I mean.
    I was honest with her tonight. He supposedly had an almost rent free house for them. He's working in flooring and the boss had a few houses he could trade rent for work. She finally saw the house today or so she said. She wasn't thrilled but they didn't get to move in.

I told her point blank that I didn't' trust her husband and that I thought he made all of that up. They were evicted from their trailer because she was the only one working.

I'm not sure that she believes everything he says, but she wants this to work. So she lies to her friends and family. He's on prescription painkillers, too, and illegally I might add. SIGH.

She won't listen. Even her sister is posting on FB about making decisions and tagging her.

I care about her, but the drama is driving me nuts.
    Anne