Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    JenBKR - I will add prayers for your brother-in-law; he is also suffering horribly to behave like that, and no doubt grew up being treated the same way. How people can do that to a child!

I hope he gets help, and your sister also - or your sis leaves for a while and realizes she deserves better!

Thank you for that - yes his parents have always been the same way towards him - one week they adore him and offer to do his laundry and do everything for him, the next they tell him that they want nothing to do with him. If not for the fact that he is doing this to my sister, I would feel very bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    For my own prayers - my sister has had MS for twenty years. She is in end-stage. It would take a total miracle to cure her - but it is my fondest hope.
    Pray for my mom too, as she has been a wonder with my sister, being her caregiver and visiting 5 days out of 7 after my sister went into long-term care two years ago.

One selfish thing - that I would not be tired all the time, and get some zing and joy back in life. I used to walk everywhere and be in better shape. Now I am just tired.

Thank you all!
    (And thank God for my fur kids!)
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well - you must have an amazing mother to take such wonderful care of your sister.

I am keeping everyone else in my prayers as well, hopefully they are working!

Prayers going out for all these requests, I hope each situation is resolved for everyone's best and highest good.

A prayer request from me- I know it's not life-threatening, but I've been working on this for two years and would appreciate prayers... I'm trying to finish my Master's degree -- my thesis needs to be finished in the next three weeks. I'm getting so stressed out, I can't think anymore. I also have another large paper due mid-March, and I'm working more hours to fill in for a missing supervisor at work. I'm feeling edgy/depressed/cranky right now.
    Please pray that I will have stamina and focus. Thank you and God Bless you.

I would like to thank everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers. No I haven't received a loan for a car, BUT I've come to the realization that at this immediate point in time a car would be a bit too much for us now, and I'm OK with it (not upset as I was earlier, because I WANTED one too, you know?). We borrowed my in-laws car so I have a way to get to work. In a few months or so when we're a little more stable financially (we JUST got the apartment and had to pay $1300 for the deposit and rent), my dream car will be out there, I just know it.

Not only that, but He has been teaching me that patience pays off, and having patience has its rewards! A few incidents happened where I REALLY wanted something, but HJ convinced me that "do you REALLY need that now?" or "well, have some patience, when the time is right, it will work out!". Its always happened though! The apartment is a prime example of that. So I feel that if I wait, the car will happen at the right moment for us

Things are starting to fall into place so I really would like to thank each and every one of you. THANKS PT!!!!!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    I would like to thank everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers. No I haven't received a loan for a car, BUT I've come to the realization that at this immediate point in time a car would be a bit too much for us now, and I'm OK with it (not upset as I was earlier, because I WANTED one too, you know?). We borrowed my in-laws car so I have a way to get to work. In a few months or so when we're a little more stable financially (we JUST got the apartment and had to pay $1300 for the deposit and rent), my dream car will be out there, I just know it.

Not only that, but He has been teaching me that patience pays off, and having patience has its rewards! A few incidents happened where I REALLY wanted something, but HJ convinced me that "do you REALLY need that now?" or "well, have some patience, when the time is right, it will work out!". Its always happened though! The apartment is a prime example of that. So I feel that if I wait, the car will happen at the right moment for us

Things are starting to fall into place so I really would like to thank each and every one of you. THANKS PT!!!!!
    Im so happy for you Jessica, its hard I know..I have been praying for a car for 3 years now..lol..talk about learning patience..lol..keep beliveing and all will work out for you good..

This is a beautiful, beautiful thread. I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers.

Cyber-sibes, I completed my masters in December and know all too well the stress you are facing. Keep your chin up - a break is right around the corner!

As for my own prayer requests:
    1) My sister - It's a bit of a long story but please pray for her emotional well being.

2) My job - Or rather, my job search. I'm currently employed with a GREAT company and thus feel some loyalty/guilt for leaving but at the same time, it's not what I went to school for and I currently don't make enough to support myself.

3) An unspoken - Just one I don't really care to discuss on the board.

Thanks, guys!