Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Oh my gosh... Your friend Cathy and Al will definitely be in my prayers, Tamara. How tragic to lose a child so young!

Huge prayers for Cathy and Al.

When my sister died, it was also from a gradual chronic illness...I had someone say that at least we had time to get used to the idea. She meant well.

Suddenly or after a long time, there is NO good way to lose someone you love - especially a child.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

At my church, there is a retired priest named Vic who does care ministry in his own church, and fills in for Greg, our regular fellow.

Greg is on holidays, and we are enjoying Vic's rational and warm presence, which is so akin to Greg's.

Today he told us he had been diagnosed with "indolent leukemia". He's been on chemo pills for two weeks and is SO grateful there are no side effects. Since he is in his early 70's, his doc said he would likely die with it, but not OF it.

He has been exhausted since the end of April, when he first started going for tests, etc.

Prayers that he regains some energy and feels better, and that the disease is managed successfully, if not outright cured.

Thank you.

I know I don't post often but this week I could really use some wonderful PT prayers and positive thinking. Sixteen years ago at age 45 my DH had a heart attacked and quadruple bypass surgery. He has had to have a few stents put in since then but has generally been in good health.
    A week or so back, he had a stress test and the results were not good at all. He has to go for an angiogram on Wednesday. He has been told in the past that he is not a candidate for redo bypasses, so unless things have changed I don't know what they will be able to do for him.
    We have been married for 39 years in September and he is my best friend. I have no family in Canada so this is really hard.
    Please pray that things are not as bad as they seem and there is a treatment available for him.
    Last edited by Louie and me; 08-11-2008 at 08:23 AM.

I will see him as well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    I know I don't post often but this week I could really use some wonderful PT prayers and positive thinking. Sixteen years ago at age 45 my DH had a heart attacked and quadruple bypass surgery. He has had to have a few stents put in since then but has generally been in good health.
    A week or so back, he had a stress test and the results were not good at all. He has to go for an angiogram on Wednesday. He has been told in the past that he is not a candidate for redo bypasses, so unless things have changed I don't know what they will be able to do for him.
    We have been married for 39 years in September and he is my best friend. I have no family in Canada so this is really hard.
    Please pray that things are not as bad as they seem and there is a treatment available for him.
    My prayers are coming for your husband and for you from Pittsburgh. In about two weeks I'll also be undergoing angioplasty to see if I have blockage since I also have Atrial fibrillation and a weak heart muscle. I pray that both of us have good reports.

Prayers for your husband and his heart situation. These days, I would hope there are some good options.

Prayers for you, David, that things turn out well.

Prayers for all who need them.

Thank you for your encouragement. I will be doing a lot of praying on Wednesday and will include all my PTers in my prayers.
    David - I can't say I know how you feel but I have travelled that road with Ben (my DH) so my thoughts will be with you.