Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
I did not get to visit her...I was near there, and the computer jobs went late into the night. I hope she forgives me - and that the people I spoke with passed on my love to her, as I asked.
Received: Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 7:46 AM

2008, December 27

Dear Family and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Barbara peacefully died at 0220 this morning. I was with her at the end holding her hand, and have just helped staff members wash her: she asked me to do this a number of years ago and I found that doing so gave me great comfort. We have shared with you her amazing journey during the last six and a half years and in many ways we had come to expect yet another miraculous recovery, but it was not to be and she has finally found rest. We shall start to make funeral arrangements today and I shall let you all know them when they are finalized. One again I have to thank you all for your support throughout Barbara’s journey and particularly for the amazing number of visits to see Barbara and for all your messages of support that we have received during the last month. There is much that I could and will say but now is not the time. Barbara has left a significant number of poems that she has written over the last 20 years and I should like to share two that are poignantly apt for this time although she wrote them in January 1995. They are the second and third poems of a longer piece entitled “Triptych for Myself”

With all my love,

Peter

I'm sure that Barbara feels that no forgiveness is necessary. She knows how you felt about her and I'm also sure that your messages were passed on to her. I'm sorry for your loss, Candace. I wish you peace and am giving you a big cyber (((HUG))) right now.