Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Barbara - Rest Peacefully, dear girl

I did not get to visit her...I was near there, and the computer jobs went late into the night. I hope she forgives me - and that the people I spoke with passed on my love to her, as I asked.
    Received: Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 7:46 AM

2008, December 27

Dear Family and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Barbara peacefully died at 0220 this morning. I was with her at the end holding her hand, and have just helped staff members wash her: she asked me to do this a number of years ago and I found that doing so gave me great comfort. We have shared with you her amazing journey during the last six and a half years and in many ways we had come to expect yet another miraculous recovery, but it was not to be and she has finally found rest. We shall start to make funeral arrangements today and I shall let you all know them when they are finalized. One again I have to thank you all for your support throughout Barbara’s journey and particularly for the amazing number of visits to see Barbara and for all your messages of support that we have received during the last month. There is much that I could and will say but now is not the time. Barbara has left a significant number of poems that she has written over the last 20 years and I should like to share two that are poignantly apt for this time although she wrote them in January 1995. They are the second and third poems of a longer piece entitled “Triptych for Myself”

With all my love,

Peter

SPIRAL

So cool, so calm is the geological,
    Biological analysis
    Of life and death.
    So, I’m a mere blip in the scheme of things!
    There’s nothing in the future for me?
    The world is as unaffected by me
    As it was before my first infant yell?

Can you not see the stinging tears
    The wrenching fear of the death times?
    If you had ever learned to love,
    You’d know what you could lose.
    Your glib logic negates my thinning skin.
    I see the signs of change
    As clear as puberty ever was.

Yes, you have it all wrapped up,
    Tidy, swept, arranged,
    But my will, my desire is to
    Rage against the dying of the light.
    I knock all your logic
    In the scatter of my anger.

Can you not hear Lear rail
    Against the contentious storm,
    The pelting rain
    Of assured destiny?

NEXUS

Did you forget how love feels?
    A dawning, a disbelief
    That this is for you;
    You surface and dive again
    Into trembling anticipation.

Can you not remember how
    You walked alone and
    Learned the shape and sound
    Of every tree?
    How you loved the tallest two,
    How you whispered secrets
    And felt their wisdom?

That was for always,
    Love is for always;
    The line of smiles is no empty metaphor.
    It is how the trees might remember you
    After you are gone.

Be still
    Take comfort
    And rage no more

Barbara Sherrington

July 29, 1947 – December 27, 2008
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I did not get to visit her...I was near there, and the computer jobs went late into the night. I hope she forgives me - and that the people I spoke with passed on my love to her, as I asked.
    Received: Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 7:46 AM

2008, December 27

Dear Family and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Barbara peacefully died at 0220 this morning. I was with her at the end holding her hand, and have just helped staff members wash her: she asked me to do this a number of years ago and I found that doing so gave me great comfort. We have shared with you her amazing journey during the last six and a half years and in many ways we had come to expect yet another miraculous recovery, but it was not to be and she has finally found rest. We shall start to make funeral arrangements today and I shall let you all know them when they are finalized. One again I have to thank you all for your support throughout Barbara’s journey and particularly for the amazing number of visits to see Barbara and for all your messages of support that we have received during the last month. There is much that I could and will say but now is not the time. Barbara has left a significant number of poems that she has written over the last 20 years and I should like to share two that are poignantly apt for this time although she wrote them in January 1995. They are the second and third poems of a longer piece entitled “Triptych for Myself”

With all my love,

Peter

I'm sure that Barbara feels that no forgiveness is necessary. She knows how you felt about her and I'm also sure that your messages were passed on to her. I'm sorry for your loss, Candace. I wish you peace and am giving you a big cyber (((HUG))) right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

oh Candice i also am so very sorry for your loss

Also those poems touched my heart so much...i wanted to read and reread to really grasp the special meaning it sends,she was an amazing person to write such lovely poems.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I don't always post responses in here but I do keep up with this thread, and I am always prayers for all of the prayer requests here.

If you have a moment, could you please add us to your prayers. Ty was in the ER yesterday (New Years Day) because he had bloody stool and and high fever. They took some tests, and they think it's just anal fissures (like adult hemmoroids) but we are not entirely sure yet. Could you guys just keep him in prayer? Thank you!

Jenbkr, Prayers for Ty on the way. Keep us posted.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Jenbkr, Prayers for Ty on the way. Keep us posted.
    Thank you! He seems to be doing better, his fever is down and he's getting into everything and playing again. We see the doctor tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers!

I have a prayer request

An acquaintance of mine from work fell off of a 2nd story balcony New Years Eve and landed on his head. He has major head trauma but miraculously no other injuries to the rest of his body. They had to remove a piece of skull to accomodate the swelling and he has been in an induced coma since it happened. He will be wearing a helmet for awhile and I believe they will be inserting a replacement piece to his skull down the road. They are hoping to be able to wake him up sometime this week. He is a young guy and I pray that he can make it thru this and recover with minimal if any permanent brain damage. Please keep him, his family and friends in your prayers.

Could ya'll say a prayer for my granny? I know I've asked for prayers for her before... but her little sister, my great Aunt Betty, passed away Tuesday night at the age of 75. My granny can't make it to the funeral services, because they are too far away and granny says she is "too crippled" to go. Granny's just having such a hard time with all of her own health issues and my aunt having the heart attack and 4 surgeries since Thanksgiving. And now her baby sister passing away.

Thank you so much.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Huge prayers for your Granny...I hope she feels as okay as possible about not being able to go. Her baby sister understands, I am sure...

Prayers for you, too - I hope you can see your medical people soon and get some things figured out so YOU feel better asap.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

A prayer for my friend, Wendy. Her father passed away, suddenly, this morning of congestive heart failure. They thought he had the flu, he was on meds for that, and he went to bed last night, and never woke up this am. He was a good man, although ornery, but a doting father and recently a grandpa.

He was taken way too suddenly.

I never want to be a frequent poster here in this thread, but...

My sister has breast cancer and went in for her first round of chemo today.

I talked to her and she's pretty upbeat about the whole process.

Can I get some good vibes and prayers coming my way?

Also, My brother is a complete arse H.

God forgive me for being a jerk, but I have nothing but dislike in my heart for him. A prayer for him to maybe see the 'light' or not to be such and Arse Hat might help?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I never want to be a frequent poster here in this thread, but...

My sister has breast cancer and went in for her first round of chemo today.

I talked to her and she's pretty upbeat about the whole process.

Can I get some good vibes and prayers coming my way?

Also, My brother is a complete arse H.

God forgive me for being a jerk, but I have nothing but dislike in my heart for him. A prayer for him to maybe see the 'light' or not to be such and Arse Hat might help?
    Goodness, Richard, you've had more run-ins w/that awful disease, haven't you? Of course, special prayers are going up for your sister right now. Her first name? And him, too, sure.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Goodness, Richard, you've had more run-ins w/that awful disease, haven't you? Of course, special prayers are going up for your sister right now. Her first name? And him, too, sure.
    Doreen and the One Who's Name Tastes Bad!

When it rains it pours.

Thanks god for early screening?

Prayers for your Granny, Crystal. And also for you.

Prayers for Richard's sister and her cancer to go into remission after treatment. Hope your brother becomes less of a pain too!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Prayers for your Granny, Crystal. And also for you.

Prayers for Richard's sister and her cancer to go into remission after treatment. Hope your brother becomes less of a pain too!
    Thank you!